We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Changa & Benzos Options

Swarupa
#1 Posted : 12/25/2010 10:56:55 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Although i dislike taking pills of any kind my friend recently gave me some clonazepam and i accepted them out of curiosity... i hadn't planned on taking them anytime soon but it was Christmas day, i had already planned on smoking some changa, and i was curious to see if they could maybe help with a smoother onset.

After i smoalked the changa i had no visuals at all (apparently a common benzo side effect), it felt like it couldn't go very deep or last very long, although it was more euphoric than usual. I could feel how the DMT works it's way through my body whereas i usually become overcome by visuals and forget all about the body.

I'd also drank a little champagne and had a little cannabis prior but it seems to me the clonazepam dulled the DMT the most, i obviously wouldn't reccommend this combo but thought i'd share the experience anyway for reference, not the greatest combination.

Merry Christmas! Smile

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

polytrip
#2 Posted : 12/25/2010 11:28:41 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
I could see a terrible headache emerging out of the void of total black nothingness, just by reading the words 'combo-champagne, clonazepam, cannabis & changa'.
Laughing
But i guess that's just me.

Swarupa
#3 Posted : 12/26/2010 12:51:35 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Fortunately my head has felt ok so far... tomorrow morning might be a different story, i've never taken benzos before so not sure... hopefully i'm gonna have a real nice nights sleep even though the effects with the changa were the only thing i've noticed so far.

The changa was beautiful, just pure euphoria, it didn't really take off full speed but very nice body high. Overall i think it it took away from the experience though, it's a bit strange having no visuals on DMT.

Im not proud of this combination at all Thumbs down it was a silly idea and not worth it in the end. Pills in general just aren't my thing so i don't know what i was thinking, next time i'll just decline any gifts like this rather than let curiosity get the better of me.

I'm fast coming to the conclusion that natural meditation is the best high that there is. Smile

Global
#4 Posted : 12/26/2010 8:15:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

Well, even though the above was an unwise combination of substances, you seem to have a good attitude (as I've noted in several of your other posts), and I'm glad to hear that your meditation is that much more useful for you than pills. I've done my share of experimentation with pills (though never with any other substance at the same time except for cannabis) and while I enjoyed them at first, I'm no longer a fan. My affection for drinking has also diminished significantly since I started work with psychedelics.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

corpus callosum
#5 Posted : 12/26/2010 8:38:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

The combination of alcohol and clonazepam (or any benzo) is potentially hazardous in terms of depressing the respiratory drive.

Ive smoked changa after 0.5mg clonazepam and it was very nice- one of the few times I kept my eyes open for the first 3-4 minutes.Astounding how reality can fractalize infront of your eyes in a most beautiful fashion!!Smile

I think the OPs experience was dulled by the alcohol in conjunction with the reasonable dose of clonazepam taken;some also feel that cannabis dullens the experience.
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.