We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Additional precip from reduced Naphtha volume Options

Pennyless_Sitar_Player
#1 Posted : 12/25/2010 6:47:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi guys,

I remembered reading somewhere on the Nexus that reducing Naphtha volumes between FP cycles helps squeeze out additional product, so I decided to give this a try with left-over Naphtha from a previous STB extraction (described here: https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=17746 ). Sorry I can't credit the original post where I found the idea, I didn't bookmark it.

Roughly 700ml of Naphtha had been sitting in a wide mouth beaker at -20*C for several days, and there was no visible precip. Three pulls had already been performed on the solution, yielding 1.188g of product, but it didn't look as though there was anything left.

The solution was placed in front of a box fan to evaporate, and roughly 12 hours later it had reduced to 450ml. This was returned to the freezer and sure enough, 24 hours later there was fresh precip (pic 1). Once dried, this weighed 459mg.

Again, the solution was placed in front of the box fan and reduced to 200ml over 12 hours, then placed back to the freezer. And again, 24 hours later there was new precip (pic 2). This pull weighed 273mg.

A third round was performed at 100ml, but the result was minimal - too small to collect even.

So, wow, two rounds of reduction FP increased the total yield from 1.188g to 1.920g - a 61% improvement. This step is definitely being added to my process. Thanks to the original poster of this idea!
Pennyless_Sitar_Player attached the following image(s):
P1000053.JPG (136kb) downloaded 40 time(s).
P1000069.JPG (135kb) downloaded 40 time(s).
Everything contained within this post is pure fiction, written from a character's perspective within the author's mind as he dreams aloud... come what may

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

SpiralNeuroEclipse
#2 Posted : 12/25/2010 9:13:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Cool! So you didnt reduce at all before your first precipitation?

Thanks for sharing Smile

Pennyless_Sitar_Player
#3 Posted : 12/25/2010 10:23:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

No, I didn't even think of it until I saw it referenced in a post. I just pooled the solvent, split them into two containers and they went straight to the freezer. Sure makes sense though.

SpiralNeuroEclipse wrote:
Cool! So you didnt reduce at all before your first precipitation?

Thanks for sharing Smile

Everything contained within this post is pure fiction, written from a character's perspective within the author's mind as he dreams aloud... come what may