We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Standing at the gate Options

Dr_Sister
#1 Posted : 12/24/2010 5:51:36 PM

Synaptic cleft explorer

Chemical expert | Skills: Chemistry, Horticulture, Yoga, Meditation, Graphic/web design, MarketingSenior Member | Skills: Chemistry, Horticulture, Yoga, Meditation, Graphic/web design, Marketing

Sat nam and thanks for taking the time to read your sisters post

After much reading, extraction, more reading, your sister embarked on her initial exploration of hyperspace. As suggested in multiple threads, sister started with small doses and has been slowly working her way up to doses that she hopes will eventually result in a breakthrough, refining her technique as she goes.

Dose one: 12 mgs toe in the water type of experience - Sister was overwhelmed by the initial intensity, but found the experience to her taste and manageable.

Dose two: 20 mgs - Still getting used to the lift off, but this was another enjoyable experience, especially experiencing her fears and anxieties evaporate mid lift off, patterns were sublime, nice.

Dose three 32 mgs - Poor technique led to poor vapourization, lost vapour, and left overs in the pipe. This experience was a little manic as she was trying to get three tokes in, but only managed one and a half. Again, nice patterns and very strong sense of a female presence during this trip. She got the impression that the female presence was also aware of her.

Got some advice on technique here

Dose four 20 mgs - Perfect technique, nothing lost. A sublime experience, nice CEVs with a pattern similar to that experienced on all previous trips. Disengaged with ego to some extent on this one, very nice.

Dose five 25 mgs - Patterns similar to previous, ego disengagement or third person perspective of herself in realized.

here is where things start to get interesting/freaky

Dose six 30 mgs - Really got the technique down now, towards the end of the visual trip the patterns start to sprout legs that are propelling the patterns patterns in circles. The legs are like those of circus performers in tights, brightly coloured. Not sure if the was the threshold of breaking through or not, but Sister starts to take things a bit more seriously.

Dose seven 32 mgs - Similar to 30mgs in terms of patterns except that this time there were no legs, but something moving too fast to really register goes flying through the patterns a in a zig zag, this experience seems darker than the previous and this "entity" seemed less that benign. Sister planned on dosing the following day again, but was a little freaked out by the this experience and couldn't work up the nerve to go deeper.

Dose eight 35 mgs - Maybe sister is getting superstitious but she is nervous from the last trip and decides some protection is in order before increasing the dose, so this trip she is dressed all in white. She considered making a circle of protection but in the end uses a protection mantra four times before the trip starts, once east, once south, once west and finally north.
This was by far the smoothest transition from day to day to dmt world she has experienced, there was a being here, but no humanoid, more like an ephemeral butterfly or manta ray that fluttered about her face. She seemed to be holding darker presences at bay. The patterns were not as pronounced as on previous trips, but the bliss was out of this world.

Dose nine 38 mgs -Same sitting as the previous trip an hour later, this time the mantra was chanted eight times, twice to each cardinal point. It seemed as though there was a lot more smoke this time. The lift off was very intense, as was the disorientation. She couldn't even remember hat she was doing dmt or how much or where she was. She didn't know if her eyes were opened or closed. She seemed to be a much brighter space this time and she was unsure how long she was in this space, but it seemed longer than previous trips. This trip was characterized by confusion during and afterwards. Coming down she didn't really know what had gone on, although it seemed much more intense. More than anything it seemed to leave her with a big question mark, like wtf just happened?

Epilogue:
Sister is unsure how to proceed, she would like to continue to increase the dose to better explore this strange new world, but the last trip she felt like she came back empty handed, confused and disoriented and worries that increasing the dose would only exaggerate those aspects, resulting in diminishing returns. She feels that stopping now, she would only hate herself for being afraid to go deeper into the cave, but at the same time doesn't want to be reckless. She feels like she is standing at the gate and can't decide whether to cross the threshold.

Questions:
Is this a block that just needs to be worked through or is the disorientation a sign that maybe sister sweet spot is lower than the last dose and that she shouldn't go deeper. Any advice or common experience would be welcome.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

gibran2
#2 Posted : 12/24/2010 6:25:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

A very nice chronology of your early experiences. Good to see you’re taking it slowly.

Moving forward and breaking through is not entirely a function of dose size. For most people, 30-40mg is more than enough to break through (I have very strong breakthrough experiences with 25-30mg). Rather than increasing the size of your dose, might I suggest you continue to work on improving your technique and familiarizing yourself with the experience? Also, sublingual harmalas prior to launch seem to slow and deepen the experiences (about 20mg caapi alkaloids 20 minutes before launch is nice).

Very often, a higher dose does not equal a deeper experience.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

Felnik
#3 Posted : 12/24/2010 7:00:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You are smart to continue the way you are. Slow and steady
Is the way to proceed. Congrats on your approach.

One thing to keep in mind is that dmt by itself
is only half the story. The real depths to your journeys start when
You work caapi vine into the mix. I suggest that you get some
Yellow caapi vine to start with and make a simple tea from
It . Don't add anything extra to it just boil it with loving intentions.

Drink the tea prior to launch start slow and work up.
Keep ginger on hand just in case you feel queesy.

Steady work with these things will yield amazing results
Breathing through the intense spots is key .
There is a genuine evolution that takes place in your journeys as you continue.
Your on the right path

The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208

Dr_Sister
#4 Posted : 12/24/2010 7:11:07 PM

Synaptic cleft explorer

Chemical expert | Skills: Chemistry, Horticulture, Yoga, Meditation, Graphic/web design, MarketingSenior Member | Skills: Chemistry, Horticulture, Yoga, Meditation, Graphic/web design, Marketing

Thanks for the feedback/advice Gilbran and Felnik!
Your sister is actually waiting for some caapi to arrive and is looking forward to it. When it arrives would you recommend dropping the dmt dose to reorient herself and then start working up again?

Felnik
#5 Posted : 12/24/2010 8:20:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes go easy on the dmt after the caapi until you get
Used to it . Working in gradual is the ticket for me these days
. The caapi can be a real game changer.. in good ways
Mostly . It can be intense at times but your careful attention
To your set and setting will help alot. Breathing is important always.
Try to remain as cool as possible no matter what happens.
Talk yourself through it . Talk to the hyperspace " thing directly
Sometimes on occasion I have asked it to stop trying to intimidate me

There was a period where this cartoon presence would get right in my face
As if to test me after dealing with this for many journeys I began to
Talk to it after that. and tell it to stop and things actually changed.
It likes you to engage it sometimes Like a game . Let me be clear
These things I,m saying are only achievable at these lower doses we are talking about
Doses where you remain relatively lucid and present in both
Worlds. There are breakthrough journeys where you are completely detatched
From your body and this reality . In this case all you can
Reality do is observe and breathe and try to keep cool.
All the best to you
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208

ragabr
#6 Posted : 12/24/2010 9:19:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

In addition to the great advice from gibran2 and felnik, I would suggest staying at the same dose range where you couldn't differentiate between eyes(open/closed) and work on relaxing into the experience. For SWIM, relaxing is the key to breaking through into a stable space.

Be well.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

corpus callosum
#7 Posted : 12/25/2010 5:14:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

Some great advice from Gibran2 ,Felnik and Ragabr.

It sounds like your vaporisation technique is good now and this is probably the key here.Its also nice to see someone adopt a considered approach in establishing the dose that works well for you.

Vaporised freebase, especially when your dosage hits the mid 30mgs and upwards can be very dramatic and the sheer pace of events does make it hard to bring back much of use.This is more so if you consume the dose in one breath.

Utilising some MAOI either sublingually or via caapi leaf (enhanced leaf x 10-11) definitely has a useful effect of providing a headspace which makes the DMT experience more meaningful and is enthused about by many Nexians for very good reasons.In this regard I think you should consider making a changa prep; there are many different concoctions that can be constructed to make a changa but my personal favorite is caapi x11 leaf in a 1: 1 ratio with FB; 60mg of this prep in a small bong and taken in one breath is a good dose and is clearly less frantic than say 30mg FB vaporised in one breath in a (G)VG.I have no hesitations in recommending this.

Best wishes for your further explorations!Smile
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.