We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Lazyman's TEK - Products Options

8Pus
#1 Posted : 12/23/2010 6:26:00 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello,

I've found this tek on the forum : https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/Lazyman%27s_tek

As you can see, i'll need the following product :

# 5 L ceramic mixing bowl
# Potato masher
# 2000 mL measuring cup
# Large flat glass baking pan
# Fan
# VM&P Naphtha; hardware store
# NaOH (sodium hydroxide)

My questions :

1) POTATO MASHER : in which material ? Plastic ? Metal ? Glass ?

2) VM&P Naphtha : i bought Naphtha light (Petroleum), hydrotreated (A680) - Is it OK ? In Belgium, i think we not found VM&P ...

3) Large flat glass baking pan : what's a baking pan ? Does it mean a large flat glass who can go on fire / flame ?

4) Measuring cup : Is that a Becher / Erlenmeyer ?

5) Step 6 of the tek : what does mean "After mixing the naphtha into the bowl [pour as much of the solvent as you can easily get off] of the top of the aqueous mix" ?

Thx for your help, I'll certainly ask other question later in this same post when I'll be more further in the steps.

See you,

8Pus

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Myco
#2 Posted : 12/24/2010 12:37:46 AM

73μ

8Pus wrote:
Hello,

I've found this tek on the forum : https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/Lazyman%27s_tek

As you can see, i'll need the following product :

# 5 L ceramic mixing bowl
# Potato masher
# 2000 mL measuring cup
# Large flat glass baking pan
# Fan
# VM&P Naphtha; hardware store
# NaOH (sodium hydroxide)

My questions :

1) POTATO MASHER : in which material ? Plastic ? Metal ? Glass ?

2) VM&P Naphtha : i bought Naphtha light (Petroleum), hydrotreated (A680) - Is it OK ? In Belgium, i think we not found VM&P ...

3) Large flat glass baking pan : what's a baking pan ? Does it mean a large flat glass who can go on fire / flame ?

4) Measuring cup : Is that a Becher / Erlenmeyer ?

5) Step 6 of the tek : what does mean "After mixing the naphtha into the bowl [pour as much of the solvent as you can easily get off] of the top of the aqueous mix" ?

Thx for your help, I'll certainly ask other question later in this same post when I'll be more further in the steps.

See you,

8Pus

1. The tek advises you to utilize a stainless steel masher....Iam not sure what would happen to the plastic mashers in a sodium hydroxide solution, I would however follow what the tek says and use a steel masher or similar tool.

2. Don't know.

3. Yeah. A pyrex or other heat-resistant dish like would go into an oven when baking.

4. Well it could be...but a pyrex measuring cup or glass jar could work instead, depending on what you were doing with it.

5. It is telling you to separate the different layers of liquid from eachother. In this step you are pouring off the top layer into a separate container.

arrive without traveling.

Madcap
#3 Posted : 12/24/2010 4:09:46 AM

illudium Q-36

We all know why I am here in this thread, right? The first tek I never tried was the lazyman, due to blender issues.

I don't have the strength to come up with new ways to dissuade people from this tek.

But for the greater good, I have copied things that I have typed previously.

Quote:
Seriously.... a big BOWL!!! That is insane. Can you think of a more difficult vessel? How bout a swimming pool? The layer of solvent is sooo thin when stretched out over a 5Liter bowl. Although no that I am typing this.... anytime I have a dangerous liquid, I like to put it in a humungous tippy bowl that couldn't possibly have a lid.

You will end up transfering the mixture to a better suited container. Why not just start in a better container, like a HDPE water jug (like the one your distilled water will come in)

He (lazyman) should at least have mentioned vinegar to counter act the inevitable caustic splash... and if you are buying vinegar... you could be putting the BLAB to that purple pinkness.

I am sure the lazyman tek is just a devious big joke by an evil man who has somehow figured out a way to profit from the mental suffering and anguish of would-be tryptamine enthusiasts.

Quote:
Please do not think that I coming in here throwing negative mojo around. what I have to say is mainly in jest. I did the lazyman as my own first tek (hypothetically and much to my dismay)

If I were a fan on censorship, I would most certainly be a staunch proponent of removing the lazyman tek from the internet. But alas, it remains...beaconing lusty eyed noobs (such as myself) with its promises of no-muss no fuss no grind up your bark, etc etc.

In the end... that tek as is, requires so many tweaks and outright changes that by the time you have something workable.... you could have just read a better tek.

There is nothing more that can be said. As I have said it all. Just search "lazyman" with "madcap" in the poster field.

In fact, I started a thread just to make it even more clear a while ago. It is here : advice

This next bit comes from a post with helpful tips for newcomers.... for Tip number 2
Quote:
2. Do Not use the Lazyman Tek!

You should read al the teks on the wiki before you begin... but seriously, that lazyman tek is garbage. I applaud him for putting it up and taking the time. You can get the goods with it, but that is true for all the teks. I recommend the BLAB or the classic noman's tek. (because they are the only teks I tried) You will eventually make your own procedure with your own little tips and tricks. I feel like the lazyman tek will be good for a laff after you've got a few extractions under your belt. You can read it and picture me... wrestling a big stainless steel bowl and trying to siphon off solvent stretched out over the large surface. I got the goods, but it was way harder than it should have been.

So.... in conclusion: Try the BLAB or q21q21 or really just about any other tek

All posts written by Madcap should be regarded as fiction.

SpiralNeuroEclipse
#4 Posted : 12/24/2010 5:54:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey, heres an easy tek i used my first time, its a very straightforward STB tek, but its good for the beginner because it contains a very thorough picture guide of every little step.

If you follow the tek EXACTLY as it is worded, you will have great results. Its much easier to understand the different steps, when you get a good visual picture of what is supposed to happen.

Ok i cant seem to get the link to work for some reason, but just google:

watcha's easy mhrb stb extraction, step by step pictorial. Should be a mycotopia link first on the list. click on that.

**NOTE** you will need to register for mycotopia, so that you can see all of the pics Smile

Its really a great beginner tek, its good for the visual learner Wink

best of luck to you my freind!

8Pus
#5 Posted : 12/24/2010 4:52:34 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi,

Thx for all your advices.

I thought indeed that a large surface (big bowl) was no appropriated for pouring out the solvent ... so I thought that i'll use a separating funnel (like in chemistry, a big ball with a tap to first let water+NaOH goes down and after, put the solvent out easily).

That what's needed in Noman's tek ^^

For the "caustic splash" and the fact that "Lazyman" didn't specify that vinegar would be usefull in case of, do it means that putting NaOH in water causes always caustic splash ? Or Caustic splash results of putting solvent into Water+NaOH ? I'll be very cautious, but does it happens always ?

Sorry for mentioned Lazyman's tek, but a girl in Amsterdam (who's sellor in a Smartshop) said it was the more complete tek and safe ... she talk about an Erlenmeyer and also a magnetic machine, but i didn't understand exacly.

I understand the principle of use base and solvent, so I think I'll try to make my own tek if Noman's isn't very detailled for a newbie like me Pleased or if the pictured tek on mycotopia doesn't work.