We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Could use some advice... Options

Choothos
#1 Posted : 12/23/2010 6:48:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So I've got some spice and a fair amount of caapi extract, and I've been thinking I'd like to make them into tinctures to take sublingually, as the amount required for sublingual dosage is far less than an oral dosage.

Here is my question: Rather than mix larger batches of tincture, I'd like to make a tincture with only enough for 2 doses. I'm assuming ~80mg of caapi extract and ~80mg of spice per tincture would be right for 2 doses, but roughly how much vinegar/water should I use to ensure that it's not too much to absorb into the mucosa in a short amount of time?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Infundibulum
#2 Posted : 12/23/2010 10:21:35 AM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

Choothos wrote:
Here is my question: Rather than mix larger batches of tincture, I'd like to make a tincture with only enough for 2 doses. I'm assuming ~80mg of caapi extract and ~80mg of spice per tincture would be right for 2 doses, but roughly how much vinegar/water should I use to ensure that it's not too much to absorb into the mucosa in a short amount of time?

why tincture of only 2 doses?

in any case, 1-2ml of water and adding vinegar dropwise till all dissolves will make you some 2-doses tincture

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

Choothos
#3 Posted : 12/23/2010 10:51:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks, Infundibulum.

I'll probably make a larger tincture following amor-fati's guide, but I'd like to test the waters first, so to speak.

Global
#4 Posted : 12/23/2010 3:11:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

Personally I have not found the sublingual method to be any more effective than oral. If anything, I believe it is less effective in this case. In either case, whether you do decide to go sublingual or oral, just remember that if your dose is too low, you can have some spice ready to be vaped standing by. After about an hour or so, if you don't find yourself moving towards where you'd like to be in the experience, take 1-2 hits of vaped spice and it should really get the ball moving. Personally it's always my favorite part.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

Choothos
#5 Posted : 12/24/2010 11:53:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Gobal.

So you're saying you haven't found sublingual to be very effective? I was hoping it would be just as effective as oral, because oral uses about 200mg of harmine, whereas sublingual only calls for roughly 40mg.