We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Harmine HCl questions Options

hexagonal
#1 Posted : 12/22/2010 8:51:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi everyone,

I recently obtained 250mg of 'harmine hcl isolate 95%', extracted with natural solvents. After some bad experiences with p. harmala seeds (nausea) I'm hoping that an extract will make a difference.

As you probably know there is quite a bit of confusing information out there regarding dosage of harmala alkaloids, with harmine and harmaline frequently being mixed up. I'm finding dosage levels for harmine ranging from 50 to 250mg and this is of course depending on method of ingestion.

I'd be interested to see what the harmine does on its own, preferably sublingual or oral, before trying to use it as a tryptamine potentiator. Would any of you be able to advise?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

bransondude
#2 Posted : 12/22/2010 9:03:25 PM
DMT-Nexus member

My buddy Alfrendo has gone through some harmine and tetrahydroharmine before. All were in freebase form but really good sublingually (minimal discomfort). He liked about 50mg sublingually, brings on a warm glow and clears the head up a bit.

hexagonal
#3 Posted : 12/22/2010 10:02:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

bransondude wrote:
My buddy Alfrendo has gone through some harmine and tetrahydroharmine before. All were in freebase form but really good sublingually (minimal discomfort). He liked about 50mg sublingually, brings on a warm glow and clears the head up a bit.

thanks bransondude. do you know how long one should hold the powder under the tongue and if it should be swallowed afterwards?

headphoneperson
#4 Posted : 12/23/2010 7:09:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hexagonal wrote:
do you know how long one should hold the powder under the tongue and if it should be swallowed afterwards?

10 minutes usually seems sufficient for me. By that time, if I've done it right, there really isn't anything left to spit out or swallow either way. Maybe have a sip of water to clear the palate and away you go...
~ hpp

hexagonal
#5 Posted : 12/23/2010 9:20:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

cheers hpp! i'll go for 50mg tonight or tomorrow. And that reminds me I forgot to ask about duration and possible tolerance, but it's not something to really worry about. I'll post here if there is something to report Smile

endlessness
#6 Posted : 12/23/2010 10:45:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Maybe this helps

By the way, you do know that you can easily extract harmine and harmaline for just a fraction of the price you pay, right? Look at the wiki for instructions.

hexagonal
#7 Posted : 12/23/2010 2:55:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
Maybe this helps

By the way, you do know that you can easily extract harmine and harmaline for just a fraction of the price you pay, right? Look at the wiki for instructions.

yep, it helps Very happy
with my first modestly successful spice ex. I'm sure a harmine ex. is something i'll be able to try in the near future!

thank you.