We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Hi there, and a question about salvia Options

anden15
#1 Posted : 12/23/2010 9:36:59 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey there!

I'm a guy from Denmark (where nearly all drugs that produce any kind of mood or perception alteration are on controlled substance lists and prohibition strictly enforced) who recently decided to travel a lot of the world =). This took me past Los Angeles, where I chanced upon many shops who sell Salvia Divinorum. I've always wanted to try this when I heard about it a few years ago, and I figured this would be my chance to have an experience unlike others. The idea of a profound experience instead of simply a high appeals very much to me.

So I ended up buying a packet of salvia marked 'Salvia Divinorum standardized 10x extract, 1g, 40mg standardized salvinorin A extract'. Now, I did read in the forum that 1g of 10x extract is supposed to contain only about 25mg salvinorin A (see post here). I take it that this is therefore not truly a 10x extract, but stronger. Can that be right? I wanted to try a medium dose, but I'm unsure of how much to use of this extract.. Should it be 400/10=40mg (which is the formula used in the previously mentioned post) or less, since my extract might be stronger?

Any suggestions of how much might be a good dose with this extract is more than welcome!

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

gibran2
#2 Posted : 12/23/2010 2:34:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

anden15 wrote:
...So I ended up buying a packet of salvia marked 'Salvia Divinorum standardized 10x extract, 1g, 40mg standardized salvinorin A extract'. Now, I did read in the forum that 1g of 10x extract is supposed to contain only about 25mg salvinorin A (see post here). I take it that this is therefore not truly a 10x extract, but stronger. Can that be right? I wanted to try a medium dose, but I'm unsure of how much to use of this extract.. Should it be 400/10=40mg (which is the formula used in the previously mentioned post) or less, since my extract might be stronger?

Any suggestions of how much might be a good dose with this extract is more than welcome!

The “X-factor” used by vendors isn’t standardized – one vendor’s 10X may be the same as another’s 5X. The X-factor information I provided is intended as a general guide.

I would be very suspicious of any vendor who claims to have a specific amount of salvinorin A in his product (many vendors make this claim) – the only way to ensure that a specific amount is in an extract would be to add a measured amount of pure salvinorin A to salvia leaves that have had all salvinorin A removed. Preparing salvinorin A is a labor-intensive process that I doubt many vendors are willing to perform.

Regardless, if the product in question does indeed contain 40mg salvinorin A per gram, then a moderately strong dose (containing 1mg salvinorin A) would be 1/40g, or 25mg.

Welcome to the forum, and let us know of your results!
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.