We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
best coffeeshop for hash in amsterdam? Options

lorax
#1 Posted : 9/11/2008 11:06:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hey folks..

i'm gonna be leaving from amsterdam tomorrow morning and i was wondering if there is anyone from holland here who can recommend a few coffeeshops to me..

this is what i'd like to find:

hash:

double zero zero
king hassan
nepal temple shit
ice-o-lator hash
red libanese

weed:

good outdoor purple haze (or any other purple outdoor strain)
any other good outdoor strain -must be outdoor tho.. i hate smoking that hydro crap

I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

polytrip
#2 Posted : 9/11/2008 1:21:31 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
Stay away from anything that's named 'buldog'. They've closed my favorite coffeeshop but there are some places i can still recomend; smartshop kokkopeli (not a coffeeshop, they sell mushrooms, ayahuasca ingrediënts etc.)is also a nice place just to drink some coffee or tea, and rusland and goa are coffeeshops i can recommend, along with the grasshopper on the oudezijdsvoorburgwal.
The squatted town near amsterdam:ruigoord, is a very special place, though i haven't been there for some years now. Every weekend they have all kind of things going on there.
The beach of zandvoort is close to amsterdam and there are many nice spots there.
The quality of hash and weed is basically the same in every coffeeshop. Black dutch hash (nederhash) wich is sold under it's own and many other names, is the best hash there is, sold almost everywhere. In most coffeeshops the ketama is also of consistent quality and it tastes nice. Ketama is sold everywhere as well.
Outdoor weed is hard to find but amongst the indoor weeds there is a huge variation in quality. As well the potency and taste vary enormously. Some of the hydro-crap isn't that bad. I would go for superskunk or northernlights becausse of both taste and quality and avoid everything ending with 'bud' or 'haze', becausse the quality of those types is the most inconsistent and sometimes it really tastes like shit. pre-fab spacecake is very, very weak.

endlessness
#3 Posted : 9/11/2008 3:07:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

first thing.. FORGET NAMES

names dont mean shit in amsterdam.. they are just sales strategies.. the same name means many different things in different coffeeshops and even in the same coffeeshop at different times..

I dont know much you understand of hash, but in general hash in amsterdam is not ´that´ good, and its highly overpriced imo..

the best hash imo there, but highly overpriced compared to for how much one can get of same quality in morocco for example, is in the Dampkring coffeeshop.. they have some quality stuff which is the Rifman series (they carry different names but are all from the Rifman ´group´Pleased.. check this out

there are way too many fake hash in a-dam, specially charas.. dont go for that imo.. go for either rifman stuff or some bubble/ice hash, all of which are highly overpriced (12-25e gram or smt) imo but good quality..

in amsterdam its easier to find good weed for cheaper price instead.. its best to save money and sometime make a longer trip to morocco or mountains india for the hash part Very happy

lorax
#4 Posted : 9/11/2008 4:59:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i have been vaporizing hash for 13 years now.. so i might call myself quite a hash-nerd Pleased

i know quality when i see it. i always carry a magnifying glass and a lighter with me for quality checks. i also carry my portable vaporizer with me so i can check out hash while standing at the counter.

so if they try to sell me some crap i will notice right away. i have noticed that in germany i can get hash at MUCH lower prices than in Amsterdam.

i usually go to the bluebird when searching good hash..
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)

polytrip
#5 Posted : 9/11/2008 5:11:30 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
All of the above is true. In amsterdam most coffeeshops sell to tourists who are not familiar with the coffeeshop fenomenon and who mostly have litle experience with cannabis, so they have no idea what prices are reasonable and no idea about what quality you might expect. Therefore they pay too much and get stuff that is of the lowest quality. The best coffeeshops in holland are not in amsterdam. The places i recommended are just places with a nice atmosphere or with a nice view or where the coffee they serve is good. You better just buy some of the 'hydro-crap' wich isn't that bad. In 'dampkring' the stuff they sell is of good quality indeed. I would just buy weed. Basically the more of these little red or orange hairs it has, the better it is and on good quality weed, when you look good, you can see many tiny crystals. Ask for something with a good, sweet flavor. That last thing is realy important because some of the shit they sell tastes so horrible that smoking it becomes quite a task.

magic clown
#6 Posted : 9/11/2008 8:21:12 PM

aka Slap Stick Sam

If it was me looking for a nice cup of coffee in Amsterdam, I would hit the first one with the sounds of the Ramones comming out the door. After my first couple of spliffs, I can happily sit anywhere. So its more important to sort the sounds out first.
Don't really like Dam though. Its a kind of play ground for the UK's delinquent
youth. Where the novelty of being able to smoke freely is abused.
I am a clown, nothing I say can be taken seriously. It is my profesion to talk nonsense

Dwhitty76
#7 Posted : 9/12/2008 3:32:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I like the afgani blonde hash (sometimes opiated)and i havent seen it in years.
" Freedom from the desire for an answer is essential to the understanding of a problem." - jiddu Krishnamurti

lorax
#8 Posted : 9/12/2008 9:33:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i'm just there for a convention.. just thought i might spend my evenings with having fun.

Infinite I
#9 Posted : 9/17/2008 12:48:15 PM

JC

we always got good hash from sheba and hunters, thoguh each time you go it seems different, for us anyway and it isnt the cheapest, but im not that into it, mushrooms are where its at! Smile

lorax
#10 Posted : 10/7/2008 4:47:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm back!

just for the folks who might be visiting amsterdam and are in need of good shit: this is the BEST store you will EVER find!!!

check out: "de tweede kramer" ..its a pretty hidden place. you won't find it if you don't search for it.

they had OTHERWORLDLY hash - check out the Rifman shit they sell. It's awesome!