We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Tips on dealing with the fear Options

fun_guy88
#1 Posted : 12/20/2010 6:24:52 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello every one.

I have had a few experiences smoking DMT and the first and only time I broke through and went to hyperspace I had a very bad experience to my body were. though my trip was exciting and scary but worth it my body did not have such a good time.

There was a episode of convulsing on the ground and banging my head on the ground and when I came back I had rug burn all over my face. I was also on some other drugs at the time and I feel than maybe that had something to do with it but I really want to explore and the world of space again but need to figure out a way to get pass the fear.

What can I do to get past me fear and be willing to do a large hit to get me back to hyperspace.

Also what do you think would have caused this bad episode or experience the other drugs I was on the way the DMT was prepared etc.

Thank you and much love.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

SHroomtroll
#2 Posted : 12/20/2010 12:20:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

First time i did dmt was the last 3days at boom festival, first time i took ahit on the dance floor while high on mdma, 2cb, and ketamin...

So nothing could really go wrong that time.

The second was the day after where i took a hit of changa while on some lsd, that to was preety mellow and chilled out...

So the last day i had put about 50mg in my pipe and actually dint have to much respect for it, anyway that time was my first and to this day my most intense dmt trip,

I was thrown in a hyperspace rollercoaster that dragged my soul straight out of me and didnt let go for what seemed like a eternity...

After this i was preety freaked out and it took me a few months before i dared taking a big hit again, what helped me get that confidence was doing some aya sesions and alot of small changa sesions working with sub breakthrough doses.

But anyway when you feel ready you just need to jump in with your head up and accept whatever is shown. it won´t kill you.

Felnik
#3 Posted : 12/20/2010 2:41:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It is possible to work through the fear . First of all for starters
Don't combine dmt with anything else at least until you
Have a better handle on its effects. You must be sincere
And dedicated to the process. Make sure your head is
Clear of any extra stress or anxiety beyond just the fear of
Taking a hit.
Make sure your setting is as perfect as you can make it.
No distractions whatsoever that means no phone no loud noises no
Noisy friends around etc.

Be in as happy a mood as you can muster. Don't get
Too serious about it try to stay light , even silly about it.
Be sincere and talk out loud about your sincere intention
Light some candles .. ask for it to go easy in you this time .

Then start slow with small hits . Test the waters take your time see
How it feels in your body . Work your way up to bigger hits
Pick a focal point on the wall or something interesting to look at
As you do this watch it carefully for visual changes .
I use this as a way to regulate my immersion into hyperspace.
All these things work if your serious about this.
I have overcome incredibly terrifying experiences using all
Of these techniques . A ritual setting is very important try it
You will see . Best of luck
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208

Swarupa
#4 Posted : 12/20/2010 8:24:06 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Just observe, and remembering to do so, works very well for me.

Global
#5 Posted : 12/21/2010 7:25:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

When you receive uncomfortable sensations/emotions, the best trick I find is to just take deep breaths: in through the nose, out through the mouth; or sometimes I just prefer to use my nose for the whole thing as it can feel more controlled. And yeah, the other drugs are a bad idea. Most of the time I don't even like to be under the benign influence of mj as I feel it can mess with the experience (and god do I love my mj Laughing ). If I may ask, what were the other drugs? If you don't feel comfortable in sharing, then that's fine, but I don't think anyone here would judge you for whatever they may have been. Of course your privacy is also the most important thing, but I do believe openness is encouraged here at the Nexus.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

fun_guy88
#6 Posted : 12/22/2010 5:20:04 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Gobalswg no problem. I was on a few different things, For starters I was wasted coming back from a chromeo concert I had been doing lines of Special K (ketamine a Dissociative drug) I had taken Molly of some form of the MDMA substance that was passed off as such.

I will say I had never had problem with a lite buzz from booze, or mushrooms or LSD However I feel the chemical changes going on in the brain with Ketamine and or What ever Ecstasy type substance I was on cause a very adverse reaction in my trip of my soul leaving my body. However I have never blasted off like that before and never have down it again so I dont know if my body just cant handle that type of out of body experience or what. I really want to explore this amazing world I found but I would only feel 100% safe if I was with Dr. Rick Strassmann doing a lab test lol.

fun_guy88
#7 Posted : 12/22/2010 5:24:06 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Also If you look at some of my other post in first steps into hyperspace forum You will see a post I wrote about the very bad experience in great detail.

I also have a question has any one ever had a foaming type action happen when in hyperspace because thats one of the things that happened to me.

Here is the Link

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=15341

Global
#8 Posted : 12/22/2010 5:13:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

I would think the MDMA substance would be most responsible for the adverse reaction. First of all, it can really throw off the chemical imbalance in your system. Secondly, as MDMA is somewhat closely related to DMT, I would imagine they would have a certain kind of synergy. I've never mixed DMT with either of the substances personally, so these are just educated guesses at the best.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

Felnik
#9 Posted : 12/22/2010 10:28:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I remember responding to your other post .
my bad experience was fresh in my mind back then
I think we're all capable of experiencing out of body deep hyperspace .
But seriously man in reading this post and the other one it sounds
Like your being very careless and totally setting yourself up
For a bad experience both times. set and setting set and setting set and setting .
This stuff is plenty strong enough without blending it with anything else.
If you really want to have a positive experience you really have to get
Serious about how you do it .
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208