We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
quaerimus lumen Options

StatuesCryBleeding
#1 Posted : 12/19/2010 3:19:43 AM

SWIM :)

For over a year now, I've been aware of this community. For over a year , I've been obsessed (for lack of a better term) with learning, and growing out my spiritual side. I've been trying to accomplish this through various means; meditation, prayer,contemplation and psychedelics. My entire life, I've grown up Atheist, sceptical of anything remotely spiritual or seemingly doubtful. Though in some sense, this attribute is useful in the face of today's, consumerist, propaganda filled world, I do tend to feel a little devoid (empty) if you will, by this lack of faith.

The nexus has been by far the most helpful, kind and open community in my search for spirituality. On these boards I've a mosaic of different values, interest, intellect and beliefs all united, by the miracle of a molecule that is N,N-Dimethyltryptamine. I truly believe that no other online community has shown the same level of compassion and love towards it's members than the nexus. I note that It's quite astounding that in thyear that I've been aware of the nexus, and of the thousands of threads I've read, I have yet to see a flame war or any real trolls.

As the months go on, and as I continue to read trip reports, as I continue meditation, as I continue searching for my lost spirituality, I hope to continue to be a part of this community and to discuss ideas and share my knowledge. Hopefully in 3 years from now, ill be an enlightened soul, meditating in the sahib temples or praying in the angkor wat, but, for now, I raise my cup and hope for the best.

<3 Much love everyone <3,
Statues cry Bleeding

*Apologies to all the grammar nazis, I am writing this on quite the harmala buzz*

Penguin <3 Panda

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

corpus callosum
#2 Posted : 12/19/2010 4:49:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

Welcome to the Nexus StatuesCryBleeding!Smile

You are right about the unique character of this place-its pretty special is it not?Very happy

PS-arent you the 'youngster' about whom the thread 'What to do about my teen?' was about? Forgive me if Im wrong about this...

Once again, welcomeVery happy
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

magictouch
#3 Posted : 12/19/2010 4:55:21 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Welcome aboard. I as well joined a couple days ago and this place has already provided me with knowledge.

One thing i would like to say though is that the road to enlightenment isn't something that has a time per say, but rather happens naturally.Smile

And btw Fritz the Cat is one of my favorite movies.

StatuesCryBleeding
#4 Posted : 12/20/2010 3:48:37 AM

SWIM :)

Thank-you for the hearty welcome!

corpus callosum wrote:
Welcome to the Nexus StatuesCryBleeding!Smile

You are right about the unique character of this place-its pretty special is it not?Very happy

PS-arent you the 'youngster' about whom the thread 'What to do about my teen?' was about? Forgive me if Im wrong about this...

Once again, welcomeVery happy

Yes, my dad posted that thread a while back. I've since then taken the account over Pleased People keep pointing it out though, it's seems as though I currently have a sort of mini-celebrity status. lol.

magictouch wrote:
Welcome aboard. I as well joined a couple days ago and this place has already provided me with knowledge.

One thing i would like to say though is that the road to enlightenment isn't something that has a time per say, but rather happens naturally.Smile

And btw Fritz the Cat is one of my favorite movies.

Everyday it seems as though I'm making some headway or learning some lesson, though often I'm unsure as to what exactly I've learned. That's the nature of the beast I suppose....

Oh, and glad to see someone else appreciates the classics Smile

Cheers,
StatuesCryBleeding
Penguin <3 Panda

Enoon
#5 Posted : 12/20/2010 11:35:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

Welcome Statues,

I wish you the best on your journey towards enlightenment. My personal take on the matter is that enlightenment is not something you can reach and then you are there, but it is a continuous awakening and emerging into newness. One continuously and actively cultivates light (to be(come) enlightened), and a set of positive intentions, pro-actively transmutating negativity into something better.

Again this is just my take on spirituality and illumination etc.

much love
Enoon
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

Dreamwalker
#6 Posted : 12/21/2010 3:53:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It's nice to find people willing to look beyond the materialistic world we live in. sometimes it's the little things...little Things as small as a molecule that make the biggest difference! Best of luck with your spiritual journey!