We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Harmalas and Methaqualone Options

Librarian
#1 Posted : 12/17/2010 1:54:43 PM

Etienne

I have invited a friend to join me on a pharma trip, taking 200 mg syrian rue extracted harmala
each ( though only 50 mg dmt for him ). The reason I invited him was because he has been a Methaqualone junky for the longest time (10 years plus), smoking it multiple times a day.

I think a low pharma dose will only be beneficial to him. He has vaped 15mg and 20mg previously, and has reported a marked decrease in the amount of Methaqualone he has smoked afterwards. This itself was something of a breakthrough for him, since he has been in rehab four times over the years with less success.

I just want to make sure that methaqualone isn't potentiated by harmalas. I have told my friend about restricted diet, and have told him to avoid smoking methaqualone beforehand. He said he will, but junky that he is, he probably won't. He has sneaked out of the cinema before, to go hit a quick mandrax bong in the car.

I can make sure he doesn't smoke any while he is at my house, but not beforehand. If methaqualone is potentiated by rue, I will have no choice but to refuse him pharma. I don't trust him to be honest about his intake, especially since he knows I disaprove.

Do you think it will make him sick ?

Much Love

The odours occasionally wafted from the laboratory were exceedingly strange. Sometimes they were noxious, but more often they were aromatic, with a haunting, elusive quality which seemed to have the power of inducing fantastic images.
People who smelled them had a tendency to glimpse momentary mirages of enormous vistas, with strange hills or endless avenues of sphinxes and hippogriffs stretching off into infinite distance.
- H.P. Lovecraft

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

corpus callosum
#2 Posted : 12/18/2010 7:47:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

Methaqualone is metabolised by hepatic oxidatory and conjugating enzymes; I dont believe MAOIs are involved here.

Smoking quaaludes is bad news-it causes talcosis which is an unpleasant fibrosing lung disorder.
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

Librarian
#3 Posted : 12/20/2010 6:53:27 AM

Etienne

corpus callosum wrote:
Methaqualone is metabolised by hepatic oxidatory and conjugating enzymes; I dont believe MAOIs are involved here.

Smoking quaaludes is bad news-it causes talcosis which is an unpleasant fibrosing lung disorder.

I agree it's bad news. He has been addicted for many years, and it has taken its toll on him, physically and socially. He has complained of loosening teeth. He has stolen stuff from me and other friends, to pay for his addiction. His personal life is a shambles.

In the end, though, it worked out okay. He came to my house, but before we could even get to the pharma, he vaped some spice. Again just 20mg, but this time his smoking technique was better. Two minutes later he ran for the toilet and dry heaved for a while.

I don't know what caused that, frankly. The only things I can think of is auto suggestion or fear. I am leaning more towards fear, since he didn't look particularly happy with the experience. It might also be suggestion, because I had told him quaaludes might make him sick (not having read your reply).

After that he was unwilling to do pharma. He left very soon after that, leaving me to trip alone. This suited me, because I have to admit I now think he wasn't interested in the healing power of dmt, but only in scoring some free drugs. I guess dmt is not for everyone.

The odours occasionally wafted from the laboratory were exceedingly strange. Sometimes they were noxious, but more often they were aromatic, with a haunting, elusive quality which seemed to have the power of inducing fantastic images.
People who smelled them had a tendency to glimpse momentary mirages of enormous vistas, with strange hills or endless avenues of sphinxes and hippogriffs stretching off into infinite distance.
- H.P. Lovecraft