We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Extraction of DMT - Type of chemistry Options

8Pus
#1 Posted : 12/16/2010 11:51:06 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello,

I'm looking for the chemistry I need to learn (basics or more) to extract DMT from Mimosa Hostilis ?

Is it Organic chemistry ? Acid base reactions ?

I need to collect a maximum informations about all steps in an extraction to learn all things I need to know to act knowingly, and not only follow instructions of a method without really be able to verify the final spice i've extract ...

Thx a lot, the way seems actually to be long ^^

Tchuss

8Pus

N.B. : What's the best method in those accessible on erowid/nexus/internet un general ? In french maybe Razz ?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

proto-pax
#2 Posted : 12/17/2010 12:36:05 AM

bird-brain

Your turning salts into freebase which are insoluble in water. It's pretty standard gen chem, with the solvent absorption related to organic chemistry. Freeze precipitation happens because as temperature decreases a solvent ability to absorb material also decreases, this is why you heat up the solution in a hot water bath.

My advice is to take a gen chem 1 and two and organic 1 and 2 at your local community college.
blooooooOOOOOooP fzzzzzzhm KAPOW!
This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking.
Grow a plant or something and meditate on that

endlessness
#3 Posted : 12/17/2010 9:14:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

No need for any formal chemistry training (though it wont hurt of course). All i've learned about psychedelic chemistry has been here in the Nexus. It just takes some reading.

I suggest you first go to the FAQ. You can start here for example

Also, the trick is to read a few different extraction teks, as they often will explain you the processes and what happens. If you read the links of the extraction teks in that FAQ question, that should be an all-around good overview of extraction processes. After you take a few days of reading, if there's stuff you still dont understand, feel free to ask.

good luck!

Dr_Sister
#4 Posted : 12/17/2010 9:05:28 PM

Synaptic cleft explorer

Chemical expert | Skills: Chemistry, Horticulture, Yoga, Meditation, Graphic/web design, MarketingSenior Member | Skills: Chemistry, Horticulture, Yoga, Meditation, Graphic/web design, Marketing

Xt
#5 Posted : 12/17/2010 10:47:22 PM

Organic chemistry! This is a good attitude towards the science and should be celebrated on the forum!

Try these out,

http://www2.chemistry.ms...ch/VirtTxtJml/intro1.htm

http://www.chembook.co.uk/

http://antoine.frostburg...enese/101/glossary.shtml

“Right here and now, one quanta away, there is raging a universe of active intelligence that is transhuman, hyperdimensional, and extremely alien... What is driving religious feeling today is a wish for contact with this other universe.”
― Terence McKenna

8Pus
#6 Posted : 12/20/2010 12:10:05 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thx for the FAQ link. Where to start helped me overviewing the processes and differents ways to go.

I wanted to start possibly with MHRB pre-powdered, but it need more water ^^ I think I prefer the initial non-pre-powdered MHRB ^^

When i'll finish those processes and maybe get some pure elf-spice, i'll certainly speak english better ;p

See you,

8Pus