We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Missing a hit and still breakthroughing?! Options

ubu
#1 Posted : 11/24/2010 2:44:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Last friday I started one of my weekly long spice sessions. I got the GVG, loaded 10mg crystal clear spice, and vaporize it in a single toke. The session generally last 1 to 2 hours with a new, small dose every 10 minutes. It was for a mellow or sub-breakthrough continuous experience as I personally found such dosage very smooth, sometimes pleasurable, instropecting, anxiolytic and fear-free.

It was the 1 hour mark when I loaded a new 10mg dose. I applied heat, aspiring the air slowly and completely filling the GVG with vapor. I inhaled it all and held my breath for about 10 seconds. But this time nothing happened, no single sensation, no buzz, nothing. It was as if I did not have vaporized anything! Feeling sober but not defeated I prepared a new 10mg dose. And as my desire was not to breakthrough I waited 5 minutes before vaporizing the new dose.

So, five minutes latter I repeated the same process. Heat, air, vapor, inhalation and hold breath. Then I was caught. I was breakthroughing, which I was not expecting in any way! And I was completely unprepared! Quickly I put GVG aside, lay on the floor, closed my eyes and visited hyperspace one more time.

Fortunately, nothing bad happened and even the breakthough, if not completely enjoyable, was not that bad. It was just a weird situation, very odd!

I've started to get better prepared for such weird situation, just in case. But I am curious to understand what may have occurred. Has anyone else gone through this?
You have to be in Hell to see Heaven - W. Burroughs

Ubu is a surreal personage. Everything he does is pure fiction. Everything he says is pure nonsense.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Apoc
#2 Posted : 11/24/2010 5:47:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It's not uncommon for spice to have no effect if the intervals of smoking are too close together. But wait a minute, you're telling me that 10mg of vaped spice will last you an HOUR?!?!?!!? What???

ubu
#3 Posted : 11/24/2010 5:55:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It would be too good to be true! I am consuming 60mg spice during an hour: 10mg each 10 minutes, or so.

Ubu is a surreal personage. Everything he does is pure fiction. Everything he says is pure nonsense.

Nature Boy
#4 Posted : 11/24/2010 9:29:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't think there's any real mystery here. The dose where nothing happened failed to vaporize any meaningful amount of spice (sure, you THOUGHT you did, but) then the NEXT one resulted in 1) passage of time and 2) 15, 18 or even 20mg's of actual dosage. And ZOOM. Laughing I could be wrong, but that's my $.02 Fits the description of events.

N.B.

vovin
#5 Posted : 11/24/2010 9:40:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Prototype and Design Engineer amongst other things, Craftsman

For me when working with changa if I allow myself to come down for more than a few minutes it will not work for me at all for several hours regardless of how much I smoke. Everyone is different though what happens to some will not happen to others.
If you don't sin, Jesus died for nothing.

DMTripper
#6 Posted : 11/25/2010 12:40:21 AM

John Murdoch IV

Spice likes to play tricks on us Smile You have to be ready for a surprise every time you go in.
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

kaos.underwave
#7 Posted : 11/25/2010 8:02:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Smile similar thing happened to me once. packed 70mg... nothing. half hour later packed another 80 for good measure...oh lord!
a wonderful mistake. Amazing that you breakthrough on such doses! Could you tell us more about the state usually precipitated by this staggered style of administration, please?
Onwards and upwards

ubu
#8 Posted : 11/26/2010 2:07:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nature Boy, your theory is very interesting, thank you. Definitely it give me good hints about what happened.

Vovin, good to know this can happen to other people too, specially experienced people like you. This help me to not feel as "one flew over the cuckoo's nest"! By the way, I have a great interest in using a weaker changa for these long runnings as pure crystal spice is hard to manage in low dosages. Thank you for helping!

DMTripper, you are completely right. The best bet is to be prepared for unexpected things. One more lesson learned, thank you!

ubu
#9 Posted : 11/26/2010 2:11:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

kaos.underwave wrote:
Smile similar thing happened to me once. packed 70mg... nothing. half hour later packed another 80 for good measure...oh lord!
a wonderful mistake. Amazing that you breakthrough on such doses! Could you tell us more about the state usually precipitated by this staggered style of administration, please?

kaos.underwave, I found 15~20mg is needed for me to breakthrough but this was only possible with the recent acquired GVG, followed by some hits and misses trying to get the best of it. But not long time ago I only succeed to breakthrough with 50~70mg in a herb sandwich.

The staggered way was an attempt to minimize the pre-smoke anxiety and was inspired by some experiences here at Nexus and the study Endogenous psychoactive tryptamines reconsidered: an anxiolytic role for dimethyltryptamine.

It is a calm and relaxing experience, mild and smooth, sometimes pleasurable and euphoric and at same time capable to produce a good instrospection, specially at the end of a long week or when I am trying to clean and organize my mind. It plays an anxiolytic role and promotes a more fear-free experience.

It is not related to a full blown breakthrough but eventually give one or another sub-breakthrough during the 1~2 hour session. OEVs are mild if not inexistent while CEVs are generally interesting, ressembling more to a dreamer state than anything else and reinforcing the calm and relaxing characteristical state of the experience.

gibran2
#10 Posted : 11/26/2010 6:38:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

ubu wrote:
...It is a calm and relaxing experience, mild and smooth, sometimes pleasurable and euphoric and at same time capable to produce a good instrospection, specially at the end of a long week or when I am trying to clean and organize my mind. It plays an anxiolytic role and promotes a more fear-free experience.

It is not related to a full blown breakthrough but eventually give one or another sub-breakthrough during the 1~2 hour session. OEVs are mild if not inexistent while CEVs are generally interesting, ressembling more to a dreamer state than anything else and reinforcing the calm and relaxing characteristical state of the experience.

I’m wondering if you’ve tried ayahuasca or pharmahuasca yet? The description of your experiences seem similar to a moderate pharma dose. I’m new to pharma myself, and find it to be much more of an “inward” journey than the “outward” journeys of vaporized DMT.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

StrangeLoop
#11 Posted : 11/26/2010 7:01:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would be a bit shaken if that happened! Personally I don't much like breakthroughs. I consider them to basically be overdoses of DMT, as the sub breakthrough experience is extremely psychedelic (very shroomy). Of course I've still learned a lot from my breakthroughs, and I like to go there occasionally, but it's not the reason I usually smoke DMT.

ubu
#12 Posted : 11/29/2010 2:45:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

gibran2, good to know about Pharmahuasca. I'm very excited to try it and actually I'm preparing myself to do it soon, maybe during one of the first weeks of 2011. I want to start and progress slowly, with the company of good people and in good places. This is currently the most complicated thing to arrange.

I drank Ayahuasca during the last two years. It was a remarkable experience but definitely it was not easy for me. I purged during almost all sessions and sometimes I felt uncomfortable, confused, dizzy, especially with the religious aspects of the ritual.

Global
#13 Posted : 12/19/2010 2:54:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

My theory is that the others are probably right Laughing but also a thought that comes to mind that I don't think anyone mentioned is that over the course of your session, DMT may have accumulated in the neck of the GVG and on that last hit, you may have vaporized that. Some of my most intense experiences (especially initially) came from just vaping the recrystallized DMT in the neck without loading up any spice.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb