We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
First time aya dose guidance Options

rcklewis
#1 Posted : 12/17/2010 9:01:50 AM
DMT-Nexus member

It seems hard to get a straight answer on this, so I'd like some more advice here (since my last couple of posts have been well fulfilled).

I plan on a first experience shortly and need to know the right dose. If I'm using Mimosa hostilis and caapi or rue how many powdered grams of each, for 1? A good recipe with the suggestion would help too.

Thanks Very happy

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

ms_manic_minxx
#2 Posted : 12/17/2010 9:43:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

All About Aya <3

Much depends on individual metabolism, success brewing, source materials... lots of variables. I personally recommend starting with a vine-only brew, so you can comfortably assess your MAOI threshold, and mixing with DMT will not be a wild shot in the dark.

50g of strong vine could be a solid experience... some people may need more than double that to feel a tickle.

If you follow the 3x3 brewing technique to the letter and order from a respectable vendor, the question of preparation/materials should be good. If you do this, I also recommend brewing a bit MORE than necessary, so you can always top up your glass/take a second dose, if need be.

It is better to drink slowly and start low... really learn the subtle nuances of harmala intoxication (which becomes completely psychedelic in and of itself). When harmalas become psychedelic in their own right, the amount of DMT required for an explosive breakthrough is very low (do NOT exceed 3g of Mimosa!!).

Too much DMT without sufficient harmalas can result in an unpleasant and ungrounded experience.

Trust me: there is absolutely NOTHING lost in a Caapi-only experience. Nothing at all. The magic is all there... so you can only gain from working systematically, or even planning a single vine-only introduction before exploring higher doses.

It is tricky because there are two variables. One may think he didn't have enough DMT because a brew didn't "work," when in reality MAOI was insufficient. Mistakenly increasing DMT without assessing necessary harmala requirements for your body can be a horrorshow.

Ultimately, your body will provide the answers, so drink in love and listen. Smile
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

rcklewis
#3 Posted : 12/17/2010 8:27:43 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Okay so judging by your guide one would need 50-150g of caapi and yet 3g or less of MH?

ragabr
#4 Posted : 12/17/2010 9:44:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would second Ms Minxx in suggesting no MH for the first round. If you do decided to anyway, 1g can be solid and 2g too much for many people.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

ms_manic_minxx
#5 Posted : 12/17/2010 11:19:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Rcklewis, yes, precisely. Mimosa dosage is very standard, all types of bark seem pretty consistent. Finding the amount of Caapi for inhibition varies greatly between individuals. Colors and varieties of Caapi vary widely. The trick is, though, you have to nail the Caapi dosage to get the Mimosa to work.

I personally get my socks rocked with <1g of Mimosa. 10g would be asking for a trip to the ER and hours of uncomfortable, sketchy panic. 1-3g is intense. Too much Mimosa will also overpower the vine, which guides and teachers.
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

SHroomtroll
#6 Posted : 12/18/2010 3:39:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sounds like good advice, a friend who was abit cocky took 5g of powdered mimosa the first time,

Let´s just say he had a long night...

rcklewis
#7 Posted : 12/18/2010 11:21:15 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Let's say one was to drink a straight-caapi brew. Could you slowly drink more over a couple of hours to asses your optimal dosage, or does some sort of tolerance prevent this? And then once that optimal dose is found, could one then ingest the MH?

Once
#8 Posted : 12/18/2010 11:53:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I started with caapi only brews myself, and I think that it can really help you dial in your dose. For example after doing 100g of Cielo I had a very strong purge, if I had used in admix in that brew I would have been in trouble. Now I go with 40-50g portions of caapi for my admix brews. I have had a bit of frustration with chacruna, I have been using freebase DMT as my admix and it works great. Using crystals allows for very accurate dosing, and perhaps less nausea. 30mg DMT affects me quite strongly when mixed with caapi tea, when dosing pharma I usually go with 50-100mg DMT and 30mg hits me stronger with brewed caapi, so I would suggest starting low.

Good luck, this is very rewarding work, be patient and enjoy!
All statements made by Once have no basis in reality, if reality even exists.

Noman
#9 Posted : 12/18/2010 11:53:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ms_manic_minxx wrote:
I personally get my socks rocked with <1g of Mimosa. 10g would be asking for a trip to the ER and hours of uncomfortable, sketchy panic. 1-3g is intense. Too much Mimosa will also overpower the vine, which guides and teachers.

1g? Assuming a ridiculously high alk content of 2% that would still only be 20mg of DMT.
Am I missing something?
I usually work with somewhere around 30g of strong caapi or 200mg harmala extracted from rue and then put rough extract from 10g of mimosa on top of that. I don't care for oral doses of pure DMT.

Once
#10 Posted : 12/18/2010 11:55:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Oh, and your last question, I think that waiting a bit before dosing the Mimosa is a good idea. I wait and let the caapi feeling surround me and make sure I am comfortable before dosing the DMT.
All statements made by Once have no basis in reality, if reality even exists.

ragabr
#11 Posted : 12/19/2010 1:15:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM wouldn't stretch out the drinking Caapi for more than 15 minutes, when she has tried taking it over 30 minutes or more she always feels just as much nausea but didn't get what she hoped for from the journey.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms