We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Can everyone breakthrough? Options

kareemabduljamar
#21 Posted : 12/14/2010 3:08:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I haven't tried spice extensively yet. I believe I had a slight break through experience, but now that I read more, I realize there is much more I have yet to see. I have had some what regular experience with psychedelics over the years, and I think I may settle on spice for sometime.
I notice I feel an extreme anxiety as I come up. Sometimes it stops me from continuing. It leaves me exhausted, and I have to put it down for the night. Anyone else have this happen? Any way to fix this or does it get better on its own?
kareemabduljamar is a fictional character I am developing. Any use of I is the first person view of this fictional character.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

kyrolima
#22 Posted : 12/14/2010 2:45:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What is a breaktrough?
And more importantly: are you willing to go with what is and experience it fully?
If yes, there should be a breaktrough.
elusive illusion

evil804
#23 Posted : 12/15/2010 6:14:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

my first 10 tries or so (oral) were pretty much no effect. then i finally stopped "trying" to feel the effects and just kind of forgot about the dosage, then i finally gained the knowledge and vision. It seems there is a barrier that must be broken before effects are felt. perhaps the brain-blood barrier is preventing this.... but i find each time i go to visit the elders now, the effects are more pronounced. i think there is an initial biological resistance, that over time and repeated administration are overcome.

seven7seven
#24 Posted : 12/16/2010 2:51:21 AM

Stewie

i don't think it is the blood-brain barrier, as it pulls DMT through feverishly. It is more than likely the development of more receptors at the synapses due to continued DMT usage. DMT has been shown to make more serotonin receptors appear over a period of use. Allowing the drug to act in more profound and complex ways.

evil804
#25 Posted : 12/16/2010 3:20:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thats fascinating 7. could you perhaps suggest where i could read more in depth about this? I have strassman's work saved on my computer, but have more pressing material to read currently. Was this discovered in his research, or by another? Thanks in advance for the shared knowledge friend.

justine
#26 Posted : 12/16/2010 5:15:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

evil804 wrote:
Thats fascinating 7. could you perhaps suggest where i could read more in depth about this? I have strassman's work saved on my computer, but have more pressing material to read currently. Was this discovered in his research, or by another? Thanks in advance for the shared knowledge friend.

This actually occurs with most psychedelics, it's somewhat similar to the transformation occuring in an opiate-head.
To see the world in a grain of sand, and to see heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hands, and eternity in an hour.
- William Blake

seven7seven
#27 Posted : 12/16/2010 9:10:27 AM

Stewie

@evil804

-Dr. Strassman {The Spirit Molecule}pg53-
Twenty-five years ago, Japanese scientists discovered that the brain
actively transports DMT across the blood-brain barrier into its tissues. I
know of no other psychedelic drug that the brain treats with such eagerness.
This is a startling fact that we should keep in mind when we recall
how readily biological psychiatrists dismissed a vital role for DMT in our
lives. If DMT were only a insignificant, irrelevant by-product of our metabolism,
why does the brain go out of its way to draw it into its confines?

The part about DMT making more serotonin receptors in the brain slips my mind at the moment. I think it was an article about ayahuasca. I think it was a study of the natives that use aya, and the effects it had on them. They found DMT use elevatad their serotonin receptors in their brains and they were, in general, less depressed than people that didn't trip!!!

PREV12