We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123
Having problems... Green Goo Spice Options

acolon_5
#41 Posted : 4/19/2010 8:41:04 PM

The Great Namah

BEFORE WASTING ANY MORE BARK......please evap 100ml+ of the solvent FIRST to see if there is any residue or coloring left. If so, don't use this on your mimosa.

You need to be patient with an extraction. Cutting corners will end up in reduced yield, unusable spice, or harm to property or self (lye can blind you in seconds).

Please be careful, please use the right materials, and be SAFE.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

gone 001
#42 Posted : 4/20/2010 1:27:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

acolon_5 wrote:
BEFORE WASTING ANY MORE BARK......please evap 100ml+ of the solvent FIRST to see if there is any residue or coloring left. If so, don't use this on your mimosa.

You need to be patient with an extraction. Cutting corners will end up in reduced yield, unusable spice, or harm to property or self (lye can blind you in seconds).

Please be careful, please use the right materials, and be SAFE.

Thank you Very happy , but i have already done a evap test on this solvent and no residue remained, i switched from colemans to shellite and the results have been considerably better.
Also i have already done a recommended STB extraction but there was no crystallisation when precipitated but there was some sort of thick yellow residue.

I have tried to cut corners in the past but since i finally started posting on this site, the response has really helped with my patience.Smile

vovin
#43 Posted : 4/20/2010 2:14:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Prototype and Design Engineer amongst other things, Craftsman

yellow goo isnt bad dont throw it away or anything. Your just gonna need to do a solvent wash or recrystalization.
If you don't sin, Jesus died for nothing.

gone 001
#44 Posted : 4/20/2010 5:21:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've decided to make some changa out of the goo just to confirm that I am on the right track with my extraction. If the changa works then I will continue with a solvent wash with the rest of my goo. I just want to see that i am getting somewhere and that my method of extraction is working well for my acacia bark.

Sooooo, I've mixed the goo with exactly 30mL (1oz) of technical grade acetone.
I then added around 1 gram of semi dried Chocolate Mint leaves (mmm yummy)
It has been around 2 - 3 hours and there is noticably less acetone in the glass measuring cup.

Just one question - will a fan on the acetone affect the outcome?

Thanks again, here is a picture Smile
gone 001 attached the following image(s):
Picture 009.jpg (41kb) downloaded 98 time(s).

gone 001
#45 Posted : 4/20/2010 5:27:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sorry, just for your information the jar was moved for the photo and the leaves are considerably dryer than they look

Shaolin
#46 Posted : 12/14/2010 6:49:18 PM

Stiletto Stoner

Acid: Vinegar, white, distilled
Base: NaOH, lab grade
Plant: MHRB, powdered, JJ
Solvent: DCM, lab grade
pH A/B range: 5/11
Chopsticks (wood) and glass rods.
Pot: Stainless steel (inox)

This is the goo that didn't dissolve in hot (~50 C) heptane.

Any ideas on what this might be ? I understand that DCM pulls a lot but damn.
Shaolin attached the following image(s):
Clipboard01.jpg (133kb) downloaded 68 time(s).
Got GVG ? Mhm. Got DMT ?

Pandora wrote:
Nexus enjoys cutting edge and ongoing superior programming skills of the owner of this site (The Traveler), including recent switching to the .me domain name.

I'm still, I'm still Jenny from the block

Simon Jester wrote:
"WTF n00b, buy the $100 vapor pipe or GTFO"

Ignorance of the law does not protect you from prosecution

DiMiTriX
#47 Posted : 12/14/2010 10:33:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

that's dirty shit imo!Confused maybe some chlorofill yep with other uknown stuff,you know if there could be some toxic things..impurities from process
Tz'is aná

nn-DreemMasterTree
#48 Posted : 12/15/2010 12:22:03 AM

samsara

I would advise against using maidenii for they have little to no dmt in them, despite clams all over the net.

Fitzgerald and Siournis reported in the Australian Journal of Chemistry (1965, volume 18, pp. 433-4) that a sample of the maidenii bark contained 0.36% of the hallucinogen DMT as well as 0.24% of N-methyltryptamine. However, anecdotal evidence suggests that the concentration of DMT and other tryptamines in A. maidenii is very variable and may be zero in many strains.
some people believe Fitzgerald and Siournis had a sample of a different Acacia witch looked very smiler to maidenii eg. obtusifolia

There is no point messing with these trees it is a waste of time and trees. find obtusifolia they grow in your area and have a consistently high spice content. around 0.45 - 0.5

"Pay attention. And keep breathing." Terence McKenna

Shaolin
#49 Posted : 12/15/2010 7:23:48 AM

Stiletto Stoner

Well the question is DiMiTriX, where did "dirty shit" come from or where did the impurities occur.

Chlorophyll was mentioned as one of the options, yes.

Discussion continued here:
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...spx?g=posts&m=200621
Got GVG ? Mhm. Got DMT ?

Pandora wrote:
Nexus enjoys cutting edge and ongoing superior programming skills of the owner of this site (The Traveler), including recent switching to the .me domain name.

I'm still, I'm still Jenny from the block

Simon Jester wrote:
"WTF n00b, buy the $100 vapor pipe or GTFO"

Ignorance of the law does not protect you from prosecution

PREV123