We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Reoccurring dreams Options

Bancopuma
#1 Posted : 11/14/2010 11:50:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Anyone else get these?

Mine feature tsunamis. When I was really young I had dreams about this bridge in this dimly lit realm with a river under the bridge.

But these days, it's tsunamis. They never seem to kill me though, from what I can remember. Sometimes I'm really high up on a massive cliff looking down it awe at the power of these waves. One time this huge tsumani swept over me, I had to give in and it turned out it was only a cm or so thick. Other times they can be much more intimidating for sure, although I would not call these dreams 'nightmares'.

One I had last week, I saw a largish wave strike the beach...I was in a jeep at the time...and differently this time, I drove down onto the beach to meet it head on...and a massive wave struck. Was incredibly vivid and intense...picked up the jeep and flung me very far...but again I survived. Last week I had some issues playing on my mind, and I find I get these dreams when I've got heavy stuff on my mind. I'm not a dream divining, new agey type, I mean I love and am fascinated by dreaming, but I think there may be a link between stuff being on my mind, and me having these dreams. And a quick bit of google research suggests that these tsunami type dreams are to do with emotional upheaval, or being overwhelmed, which does kinda make sense to me.

Wondering if anyone Nexians have had similar experiences with dreams?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

ElusiveMind
#2 Posted : 11/15/2010 3:39:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The only time I had reoccurring dreams was in my youth too. The dreams, or should I say "nightmares", consisted of being "trapped" in the culda-sac that I grew up in. There was a giant metal gate blocking the only way out of the culda-sac by car. I would realize later in the dreams that I was alone and couldn't find my parents. Eventually I would find other lost kids in my neighbourhood and then all hell would break loose. Giant frogs would come leaping over the gate, eat up kids with their big tongues and the giant robot, sorta like Atlas from the Mechwarrior game series, would start shooting and killing kids and blowing up houses. Shocked Needless to say, the first time I had this dream I was terrified. Later though, after having this dream reoccurring over a period of months, I learned that I needed to find something to defeat this dream. I learned various hiding spots that the "monsters" couldn't find me and eventually found the way to stopping them was to push a big red button (the size of a small coffee table) which would kill the monsters. After that night when I killed the monsters, I never had that dream ever again. Confused Laughing
The Tea Party wrote:
We exist in a world where the fear of Illusion is real
And we cling to the past to deny and confuse the ideal

DMTripper wrote:
Bliss of ignorance -> pain of knowledge -> integrate -> bliss of knowledge.

SWIM and ElusiveMind are fictional characters and everything they say is fictional

Bancopuma
#3 Posted : 11/16/2010 12:15:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for your feedback. I've heard of this from other people, where you confront whatever is assailing you in your reoccuring dreams/nightmares, and then it's gone forever, its dealt with and you don't have that dream again.

Sublime
#4 Posted : 11/23/2010 12:45:18 AM

Intraterrestrial

I also only had one recurring dream from my youth probably a decade ago. It was dark, stormy and rainy outside and I would walk up to this haunted house that is old, wooden, abandoned, scary. As I walked up onto the porch leading up to the front door, I would get closer to the front door which would open itself up. I never walked inside, I usually just woke up.
"That which I avoid I will become a slave to, that which I confront I will master."

ms_manic_minxx
#5 Posted : 11/23/2010 1:22:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've had a few... there is this really edenic field of flowers I visit on a forested mountaintop, and I've been going there since I was a child. I'm also frequently visited by a young, blonde child and have been for a long time--it always involves strange plots set 200-300 years ago, snow, and fleeing something. WEIRD.

Then I also have weird dreams about people in my life, my mother who I haven't seen in almost ten years, my sister, other friends who I've had very strange and cosmic connections with... Dreaming is delightfully strange indeed. Smile
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

Virola78
#6 Posted : 11/23/2010 11:41:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It has been a while since the last, but there are a few themes that keep popping up in my dreams. As i have been fishing since childhood it is no surprise to me that these dream are set somewhere along the river i grew up with. Here i see fish that i try to catch. usualy i wont catch them, or not the fish i want. sometimes the weather is grey river curved, steep sides. On another occasion it is about luring a pike to take my baits sunny afternoonstyle. The monsterpike doesnt.

I dont know exactly when the first dream about the river appeared, but it must have been since i moved away from that place, so to study. Funny thing is i do remember some discussion with my dad. Must have been about that age because in the discussion i used the big pike as an example to make my point. I told him i do not have to tell him (or others) about catching the pike when i do. It would be my personal trophy, and i wouldnt have to share the story to be proud. Now i think my father was trying to tell to me about acknowledgement. As it is a basic human need.

I havent caught that big fish. The river is still there though.

“The most important thing in illness is never to lose heart.” -Nikolai Lenin

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

#7 Posted : 11/23/2010 11:59:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have a horrible dream that I have had several times over the years. I dream I have killed someone (who remains unidentified) and have buried the body in a shallow grave either in my house, or in a field. It is unclear if I murdered them, or killed them accidentally, but either way I am terrified the body will be found. I normally wake up during the dream and am convinced I have committed this terrible crime in real life.

I don't like this dream at all, and suppose it reveals some deep seated guilt I have about something. I genuinely don't know what it could be though, I've generally been pretty well behaved. It does trouble me when I have it for a few days afterwards. Sad
Oh great - the world has just been replaced by elf machinery.
Sic transit gloria mundi

Infinite I
#8 Posted : 11/24/2010 12:27:35 AM

JC

I also had a recurring dream as a child. I would be with my friends, there were no adults around, was as if the town was empty except from us and this big black panther would be stalking the streets looking for us, the only thing that would change would be the extra hiding places that would appear like elusiveminds report. I can still remember the eerie atmosphere of it now, happened a lot and freaked me out a few days after, I used to wake up going wow I had it again! Shocked stopped when i was 12 or so

polytrip
#9 Posted : 11/25/2010 8:10:29 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
Hmm, i've had tsunami's as well. And tornado's. And wild animals.
Seem all to have in common that they're powerfull forces of nature that potentially can rip you apart.

Bancopuma
#10 Posted : 12/14/2010 9:35:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well I had another very vivid tsumani dream, 2 weeks after my last one. Unlike my one before, this started with feelings with terror at this wave, but as it reached to me it fizzled into nothing and the foam washed under my feet, leaving me unharmed. Definitely a correlation with my emotional state at the time, with both nights following girl/love issues...emotional upheaval for sure. Been ages since I've flown...I like those dreams.

ElusiveMind
#11 Posted : 12/14/2010 10:31:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Bancopuma wrote:
Well I had another very vivid tsumani dream

Why do you think your dreams constantly manifest as a tsunami? Its interesting how water seems to be a central theme from bother your youth and now.
The Tea Party wrote:
We exist in a world where the fear of Illusion is real
And we cling to the past to deny and confuse the ideal

DMTripper wrote:
Bliss of ignorance -> pain of knowledge -> integrate -> bliss of knowledge.

SWIM and ElusiveMind are fictional characters and everything they say is fictional

Bancopuma
#12 Posted : 12/14/2010 10:56:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Good question. I've always been somewhat in awe of large waves, and not always when I encounter tsunamis or large waves in dreams is it negative...sometime I'm looking down from a high cliff in awe at them. One time when I was really young I did get wiped out by a wave in Portugal when I was in the sea, and dragged along the bottom for a little while against my will which was scary at the time and caught me by surprise. But different sources all seem to suggest that lots of water, waves in particular, can symbolise being overwhelmed by one's emotions, or experiencing emotional upheaval in one's life, and based on my mindset at the time of both recent tsunami dreams, I would definitely agree with this. For other people this may occur in different forms within a dream.