We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Opiate = THC tolerance Options

Reborn
#1 Posted : 8/31/2008 5:10:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Okay so I sometimes enjoy opiates,
Not here to argue if they are etheogens or not but couldn't think of a better place to put this.

When I tend to injest opiates over a period of time it seems that my tolerance to THC goes way up even though I generally smoke much much less when taking opiates.

Is cross tolerance possible between THC and opiates.
Waiting for you receptor experts to chime in on this one.
Thanks
Memory, prophecy and fantasy
-the past, the future and the dreaming moment between -
are all in one country, living one immortal day.
To know that is Wisdom. To use it is the Art.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

burnt
#2 Posted : 8/31/2008 4:56:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

There is a relationship between the cannabinoid and opiod receptors, I have not read up on the details there is some recent date out on it however. Some clinical work has also shown that opiates used in conjunction with THC can synergize against certain kinds of pain so that the dose of opiate prescribed is less. Sorry I dont have my references with me but some information is out there. As far as cross tolerance goes not sure if anything has been studied on this but maybe.

69ron
#3 Posted : 10/4/2008 2:15:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

For SWIM, opium feels almost identical to marijuana. Actually SWIM prefers opium over marijuana, but doesn't use either anymore because both are addictive to SWIM.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.