We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Hey everyone Options

theMadcapLaughs
#1 Posted : 12/11/2010 11:19:59 PM
DMT-Nexus member

So after browsing this site for countless hours and having so many of my questions answered by just clicking around, i figured i should finally join such a helpful community (and hopefully contribute to it by helping others with their questions when i learn more about the subject). I havent tried DMT yet but have read so much about it and how its extracted and i cant wait! I just love this sort of thing haha i would probably want to extract it and go through that whole process even if i didnt want any dmt.

Currently im also doing my second shroom grow with some golden teachers in trays with cased grain. They just started fruiting and im excited Very happy . I was going to do a monotub with straw but i need to transport them home for xmas and monotubs look kinda suspicious.

I figured that if im going to extract dmt i should do it right so i ordered a 1L separatory funnel, buchner funnel, several flasks, pipetes and the such wich should arrive in a couple days. I ordered Acacia bark from psychoactiveherbs.com (1kg figured id go all out hehe) does anyone know if it is legit? Probably should have figured it out before i ordered it. Anyways i look forward to trying my first extraction and joining the community!

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Myco
#2 Posted : 12/11/2010 11:39:24 PM

73ฮผ

Best of luck on your first extraction.

I also haven't done this just as of yet, but will soon. I read a few times that the seperatory funnel is well worth the investment, so Iam looking to purchase one as well. Found a couple gallon glass jars for free as well.

What size of trays are you using for your mushroom grow?

I much prefer to spawn grains to a bulk substrate and only apply casing layers if it is a project that will be neglected some. For a bulk substrate I mix either coco-coir or horse manure (horse manure has a better consistency than cow manure) with some vermiculite, gypsum, and just about %5 total volume of composted chicken manure(not too much of this stuff). You actually want to stay away from overly-nutritious bulk substrates when cultivating cubensis, but the above mix has served me very, very well.
arrive without traveling.

theMadcapLaughs
#3 Posted : 12/12/2010 6:41:07 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Actually im using 4 different sized containers, a casserole dish and a box lined with a bag haha. Looks pretty western cause it was last minute but its doing the job. I knew i wouldnt have enough time to spawn to bulk since im going home for the xmas break so i figured id just try and get a few shrooms to do over the holidays with some friends. Im going to take some spore prints before i go and start some jars so they should be colonized when i get back then im going for bulk.
I have straw here but i think if i have time i might pasteurize some horse manure at home and bring it. I was also thinking it would be neet to try some bison manure since buddies family raises them. Haha maybe get some pan cyans going, did those my first grow and loved em.

Pennyless_Sitar_Player
#4 Posted : 12/12/2010 5:56:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey! I know that feeling, I'm the same way. Experiments like these are a blast, and you get a real sense of accomplishment when you finally end up with the expected product. I can only imagine how much fun it was for the pioneers of these methods, and how exciting it was for them to see their results for the first time.

theMadcapLaughs wrote:
I just love this sort of thing haha i would probably want to extract it and go through that whole process even if i didnt want any dmt. !

Everything contained within this post is pure fiction, written from a character's perspective within the author's mind as he dreams aloud... come what may

theMadcapLaughs
#5 Posted : 12/12/2010 9:11:43 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Yeah i love reading about early experiments in fields like this cause they are so facinating and usually things you can do yourself. I definately cant wait to do my first extraction. I will be so happy when i turn a pile of bark into some white crystals. Then i get to try DMT for the first time which might take a bit of convincing myself since i respect its power and am a bit weary of its intensity.

Myco
#6 Posted : 12/13/2010 2:42:32 AM

73ฮผ

theMadcapLaughs wrote:

I have straw here but i think if i have time i might pasteurize some horse manure at home and bring it. I was also thinking it would be neet to try some bison manure since buddies family raises them. Haha maybe get some pan cyans going, did those my first grow and loved em.

I can't think of any reason the bison manure wouldn't work except for, perhaps, the texture of the manure once it is properly hydrated before being pasteurized. Straight cow manure and worm castings, for instance, have a muddy texture when hydrated (this proper level of hydration of the bulk substrate is often referred to as "field capacity"Pleased. Vermiculite or some straw can be used to improve the texture of the bulk substrate. I would bet that you would need to add one or the other to aged bison manure.
arrive without traveling.