We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
nassim haramein??? Options

olympus mon
#1 Posted : 11/24/2010 7:46:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

i have a friend that keeps telling me how ground breaking this physicist is. ive watched some of his lectures and have my suspicions but im not a scientist. his claims are quite .... incredulous.Rolling eyes

is this guy on to something with his research or a total quack?
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Infundibulum
#2 Posted : 11/24/2010 8:13:27 AM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

olympus mon wrote:
i have a friend that keeps telling me how ground breaking this physicist is. ive watched some of his lectures and have my suspicions but im not a scientist. his claims are quite .... incredulous.Rolling eyes

he's a quack.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

olympus mon
#3 Posted : 11/28/2010 10:44:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

Laughing kind of what i was leaning twords. it seems some scientist like this make a name for themselves outside of the science community. meaning all they need to do is get enough laymen (in his case New Age enthusiasts) to believe in their work and they find themselves selling out lecture halls and getting on discovery channel. it seems they fly under the science radar because no objectionable person of science would even bother rebutting these extraordinary claims.

however...you cant blame the guy for wanting to find funding to do his work.

Elf Machine
#4 Posted : 11/28/2010 11:16:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I watched his video and thought he had some good ideas but got a little quacky when he started to tie in religion with his theories. I also don't think he has any formal education in physics either but not sure about that one.

Saidin
#5 Posted : 11/29/2010 7:30:59 AM

Sun Dragon

Senior Member | Skills: Aquaponics, Channeling, Spirituality, Past Life Regression Hypnosis

His claims are quite extraordinary, but as far as I know the equations work. You can read the papers he has pubished, I'm not a mathmatician, but if one were they could check his caculations.

One part of his research I find quite intriguing is his incorporation of spin/torque into everything. Classical physics/cosmology completely leaves spin out of their equations, there is no accounting for it, yet it is a foundational principal of all things, from the atom to galaxies.
What, you ask, was the beginning of it all?
And it is this...

Existence that multiplied itself
For sheer delight of being
And plunged into numberless trillions of forms
So that it might
Find
Itself
Innumerably.
-Sri Aubobindo

Saidin is a fictional character, and only exists in the collective unconscious. Therefore, we both do and do not exist. Everything is made up as we go along, and none of it is real.

olympus mon
#6 Posted : 11/29/2010 8:16:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

some of his ideas sound very nice but im not a person with a formal science background. he looses some credibility for me when he brings in his spiritual beliefs into the mix.

again im no expert and shouldnt trash the guy. he's way smarter than me. its just hard to know who to listen to.

Infundibulum
#7 Posted : 11/29/2010 1:29:42 PM

ModeratorChemical expert

olympus mon wrote:
again im no expert and shouldnt trash the guy. he's way smarter than me. its just hard to know who to listen to.

Well, listen to nassim if you find something good at him but also listen to some grounding critiques of his work and methodology by more physics-related people.

This one is a link that comes to mind:
http://azureworld.blogsp...raud-or-sage-part-2.html

imPsimon
#8 Posted : 11/29/2010 5:18:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

olympus mon wrote:

Here's an old thread about him...oh and he's a complete nutjob. period.
https://www.dmt-nexus.me....aspx?g=posts&t=7780

Think of how someone like Richard Dawkins or Christopher Hitchens presents evidence
in their arguments compared to Nassim Harameins cheap rhetorics.

If someone makes an extraordinary claim one should be sceptical.
If someone makes...uh, all extraordinary claims in one talk, expect it to be major bullshit.

I think it's a bit scary that some find people like this (false prophets?) to be attractive.
Within the first few minutes (of all his videos) he radiates of this creepy vibe (sociopathic) in how he moves
his body and what kind of words he use. Think Bill oreilly

Our True History - Pyramids and Sun-Gods by Nassim Haramein -1/4

Infundibulum
#9 Posted : 11/29/2010 6:58:32 PM

ModeratorChemical expert

What a wank video!

Nassim Haramein needs to be impaled (proper-style) if he believes he's got the tendency to spew so much nonsense!

olympus mon
#10 Posted : 11/29/2010 8:05:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

imPsimon wrote:

https://www.dmt-nexus.me....aspx?g=posts&t=7780

thats a very good read and backs up exactly my thoughts in regards to no real science community taking his work serious enough to even rebut. burnt said it all in this quote below...
burnt wrote:
You should immediately be skeptical of anyone who claims to be a scientist but doesn't publish papers in peer reviewed scientific journals. All his papers are published on his website or in journals that are not widely accepted as legit science journals. The paper he won an award for is not even published in a real scientific journal.
Hes another fraud in my opinion.

on a human point of view ive met a few of these fringe quasi scientists speakers and to be honest i dont think they have some evil master plan to fool the world and get rich Mwhaaa haaa ha! i feel they truly believe in what their doing and teaching. maybe ego is a big player in their work. keep in mind ego is powerful enough to distort their perception into becoming a "true believer" of their cause.
i dont want to mash on the guy(nor impale him Laughing ). i dont feel he is trying to cause any harm, but he shouldn't present his ideas as science.

jamie
#11 Posted : 11/30/2010 3:53:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

okay, I really dont care much about these kind of discussions becasue they always become a sort of this side or that side type of deal, which im am so not into..but what does that video above have to do with physics?..that video is a freaking poor example to use in an attempt to paint him as pseudo-science etc..since he is talking about ARCHEOLOGY. Is there any egyptologists here? All he is doing is stating information about the pyramids, most of it mathematical and some of the questions he is asking related to the pyramids are damn good questions. Im not saying he is or isnt a nutjob in the end, just that that video doesnt really prove anything to me, other than that the guy chose to look at some very very odd information we DO have about the pyramids and started to ask questions.

Also, why would you call him a false prophet?..does he somewhere claim to be a prophet?

I wouldnt call him a scientist from this video, but I wouldnt rule him out as just a nutcase either.

"Within the first few minutes (of all his videos) he radiates of this creepy vibe (sociopathic) in how he moves
his body and what kind of words he use. Think Bill oreilly"

yeah..sometimes people sound funny when english isnt a first language.

Long live the unwoke.

Infundibulum
#12 Posted : 11/30/2010 1:50:05 PM

ModeratorChemical expert

fractal enchantment wrote:
okay, I really dont care much about these kind of discussions becasue they always become a sort of this side or that side type of deal, which im am so not into..but what does that video above have to do with physics?..that video is a freaking poor example to use in an attempt to paint him as pseudo-science etc..since he is talking about ARCHEOLOGY. Is there any egyptologists here? All he is doing is stating information about the pyramids, most of it mathematical and some of the questions he is asking related to the pyramids are damn good questions. Im not saying he is or isnt a nutjob in the end, just that that video doesnt really prove anything to me, other than that the guy chose to look at some very very odd information we DO have about the pyramids and started to ask questions.

FE, it is the types of arguments and his poor rhetorics he uses in this videos that make him sound non-credible, not what he states about archaeology. You don't need to be archaeologist to see through bullshit arguments.

He's a useless wank any way you see him, yes, now in egyptology as well.

Newfound_wonder
#13 Posted : 11/30/2010 2:20:37 PM

Harvie Krumpet

Sounds like Nassim has watched Joe Rogan's stand-up bit on the pyramids. Either that or he watched the same documentary that Rogan watched.

Either way, I'd call him a guy who likes attention and has found a way of getting what he likes.
Every tool is dangerous when misused. That is no reason not to use tools.
Isn't it strange that a gift can be an enemy?

burnt
#14 Posted : 12/12/2010 2:37:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Quote:
https://www.dmt-nexus.co...aspx?g=posts&t=7780

See the last page of this thread where I explain the mathematical and physical inconsistencies in his supposed scientific article. Note I am not even a physicist and it became rather obvious rather quickly what was wrong with his entire idea.

Why should we not call him a fraud after seeing how he clearly made up a fake scientific article to make his ideas seem more legit?

People like this do cause harm. They undermine real science in the public's eye which is a major problem in society in general. They sell books and hold conventions which spread misinformation. Debunking them is important.

VisualDistortion
#15 Posted : 12/12/2010 5:14:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Burnt is exactly right

Guys like Nassim, Erich Von Daniken, and Lloyd Pye undermine important and legitimate scientific research. But documentaries about why these guys are wrong won't get run on the history channel because the general public does not find REAL and uncontroversial science that is peer-reviewed and backed by evidence interesting.
You lock the door, and throw away the key

There's someone in my head but it's not me