We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Ketashrooms? Options

Shayku
#1 Posted : 8/17/2010 12:35:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey, does anyone have any experience with mixing ketamine and mushrooms? I've only found a couple of reports so far, one claiming it was a glorious experience (though I think the k dosage was high) and another claiming that k tends to dull the experience and diminish the visuals. I tend to use k as my 'psychedelic safety glasses' and I have very little experience with shrooms. I'd love to hear that the mix is nice, but if it does dull the experience, I may reconsider my plans for next weekend.

Thanks.
SWIM is Spartacus!

The things posted on DMT-Nexus by Shayku are generally false. They are for entertainment purposes only.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

jamie
#2 Posted : 8/17/2010 1:38:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I have heard IM ketamine with IM DMT is really amazng..not sure about with psilocin..
Long live the unwoke.

lyserge
#3 Posted : 8/17/2010 7:06:16 PM

polyfather anomalous

No personal experience with Ketamine but D.M. Turner wrote about this combination.

Ketamine seems something good to stay away from in general, though I'd be interested in trying it (particularly the S isomer) at least once. D.M. Turner and John C. Lilly both seem to be casualties of it, and I'm discouraged by D.M. Turner's description of it as a sort of "Frankenstein molecule" that doesn't obey the "shamanic" rules, as mushrooms, DMT, and mescaline do. Anyhoo here's a bit from Turner.

Mushrooms + Syrian Rue + N,N-DMT + Nitrous Oxide + Ketamine -
This experimental session was quite enjoyable and exceeded my expectations. The mushrooms + Syrian Rue was a medium strength dose, pleasant but not overwhelming. The DMT added to the experience, especially in the visual context, and the nitrous blasts felt great whenever I did them. The unique portion came towards the end of the experience when I injected 75 mg. of Ketamine, my first time using it in combination with mushrooms. The Ketamine experience overpowered what was left of the previous high but was pleasantly enhanced having a wider range of feelings than on Ketamine alone. I was semi-consciously aware of my body chanting and moving about during part of this time. This is something which is common with DMT + Syrian Rue but had not happened to me on Ketamine before. Additional journeys with mushrooms + Ketamine initially produced good results. However, I eventually decided this combination was not appropriate. My reasons for this are discussed in the previous chapter.

The "previous chapter" he mentions is the one on Ketamine, which can be found at
http://www.lavondyss.com/donut/guide/ketamine.html
"...I didn't know that Cheshire cats always grinned; in fact, I didn't know that cats could grin..." - Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

Shayku
#4 Posted : 8/17/2010 7:23:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

"that doesn't obey the "shamanic" rules"

Ya that's for sure. It doesn't require "respect" like others do. It can show a lot of things, be very rich and generally combines well, but it can also be taken as a finer type of PCP, like a street-corner punk drug. I'm not surprised to find very little input here about the combination, but still hoping that something will come up. If I do try it I'll make sure to at least leave a note here after.
SWIM is Spartacus!

The things posted on DMT-Nexus by Shayku are generally false. They are for entertainment purposes only.

benzyme
#5 Posted : 8/17/2010 9:38:26 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

it was amazing. (1 g ket over 4 hrs, and 3.5 g shrooms)
ket didn't dampen the visuals at all.
i saw ufos taking off from a mountain i was on, bright lights and everything. my friend's car stereo transformed into some alien technology, and the music morphed into something unrecognizable. it was a stunning experience, very awesome combo
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

rOm
#6 Posted : 8/17/2010 9:46:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just did lsd and ket a few times. Never wanted to mix it with shrooms.
It is amazing but may get overwhelming, shape shifting realities occured every five seconds with lsd ket, doing space morphing effect, very philosophical.
I did get visions back to use afterwards so I guess it's not a "useless" type of alienation...
Again I never mixed it with the mushrooms at the time.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

jamie
#7 Posted : 8/18/2010 12:04:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

"that doesn't obey the "shamanic" rules"

Yeah..it would be nice though if there was such a thing.."shamanic" and "rules"...hmmm..yep..one of these things is not like the other..one of these things doesnt belong..

Sorry, I just found that phrase odd..proceed.
Long live the unwoke.

Shayku
#8 Posted : 8/18/2010 1:02:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You're right. I guess a less poetic, more modern way to put it is that it's in another category. It's not a psychedelic, it's a dissociative, along with nitrous and PCP. People here are obviously more interested in psychedelics, but I've found that the two categories usually complement each other well. If taking a lot of LSD was like painting a nice field, taking less LSD but with a dissociative on top would be like painting just a flower and zooming into it for a close up. Don't know about shrooms though.
SWIM is Spartacus!

Shayku
#9 Posted : 8/23/2010 2:37:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

A mini-report, for anyone who was wondering :

Yesterday was great. I worked my way up to 2g of shrooms, and for a while not much was happening except this feeling of some great looming potential and some psychedelic blips here and there. Then we went into the the dissociatives (ketamine and nitrous), and they felt disconnected from the shrooms, like things weren't "taking" for me, I was in a strange headspace, mostly removed, but then during one balloon in particular, it seemed like the mushrooms suddenly woke up and told me how superior they were to k and nitrous by manipulating their usual effects in a different way. I came out of the balloon feeling like the whole world had shifted. It was impressive, it felt like I broke through some kind of membrane, or found my way to the right place, finally tuning in, and from that point on everything was flowing with psychedelic beauty. I had some awesome hallucinations, even seeing-feeling a DMT presence sometimes, which made me think of jbark who was telling me about going to the same places in different trips. I definitely had that happen throughout the night, as usual, for better and worse, and "seeing" DMT felt like a fresh and new repeatable headspace. The coolest hallucinations were not inevitable though; I kind of had to fall into them as often happens with k. I've never felt the k-hole to be a trap, more like a mental destination. It has the advantage of being very maleable and safe in a way, but the disadvantage of feeling slightly incomplete, unlike DMT visuals which persist even if you try to get away. Anyway, in the end I had a great time, lots of travelling with those usual k "mental controls", but fueled by some extra shroom "richness". Lots of content, sometimes psychological, often aesthetic and abstract and so intricate and textured. And lots of fun with friends too. I love those people. It's hard to write actual trip reports for these trips because a lot goes on with inter-personal relationships.

Thanks!
SWIM is Spartacus!

Electric.Sight
#10 Posted : 12/11/2010 10:41:22 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I did this combo once, it was pretty amazing. The trip took on a pretty weird tone but the visuals were amazing, much more realistic. For instance; I remember sitting on my bed and entering a k-hole while tripping. Eyes were fully opened, my walls disappeared and turned to mist, the floor; into a beautiful flowing river complete with sound.
It was tranquil and emotionless.

I love ketamine's short duration too, it would be perfect to bump a trip back up, or to peak incredibly. Unfortunately ketamine isn't that common for me to come by so I haven't had the chance to try again. I definitely would though!
Disclaimer: All Entheogens and other research materials are not for Human consumption! I have researched by text the effects of consuming such things in case of accidental consumption. I have never actually consumed any of the materials I speak about and it should be assumed I'm speaking hypothetically. I have a wild imagination.

Tangarine_Dreams
#11 Posted : 12/12/2010 5:31:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Maaaaaaaaaaan i soo thought this was gunna be a thread about how to make cubes produce 4-ho-ketamine or something.

i am saddened.

burnt
#12 Posted : 12/12/2010 2:22:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Its an awesome combination. SWIM + shrooms + insulfated ketamine + tool concert = tunnels of color and weirdness.