We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Smoking Virola Resin Options

Ac30f5pade5
#1 Posted : 8/23/2010 8:19:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

(Would post here, but I can't yet)

What is the technique for smoking the freebased (4:1 ratio, resin to hydrated lime) Virola Theiodora resin? Do I just pack it into a bong and torch it, or do I try to vape it somehow?
Posts made by Ac30f5pade5 are 100% hypothetical and for entertainment purposes only.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

69ron
#2 Posted : 8/23/2010 8:48:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM tried smoking virola bark before but not resin. Most people don't have luck smoking it.

I believe that hydroxides might mess up 5-MeO-DMT if too much is used, so if you can get sodium carbonate, I would recommend using that to freebase 5-MeO-DMT and not any kind of hydroxide.

This is based on speculation which stems from the fact that the only tech SWIM used to extract 5-MeO-DMT that was successful used sodium carbonate as the base and DCM as the non-polar solvent. It's possible DCM is the reason for the success, I don't really know, but I assume that the hydroxides (calcium hydroxide, sodium hydroxide, etc.) used in all the unsuccessful techs ended up destroying 5-MeO-DMT. Psilocin is 4-HO-DMT, and it is not stable in hydroxides, nor is 5-HO-DMT, which is bufotenine. So I'm assuming that 5-MeO-DMT might suffer the same fate as it's very close relatives and be highly unstable in hydroxide solutions.

When people make snuff from virola resin, they don't normally keep it around for long. It's usually used right away. In this case calcium hydroxide is often used. But I believe if you let the resin sit for a while in the calcium hydroxide and don't use it right away, if it remains wet for too long the 5-MeO-DMT will be destroyed. Again, this is just speculation.

It would be nice if someone can verify whether or not successful extraction of 5-MeO-DMT is based on the use of DCM or if it's based on the use of sodium hydroxide (my guess).
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

endlessness
#3 Posted : 8/23/2010 2:16:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I also had problems extracting virola with sodium hydroxide. Might have been because it was old resin, though, but could also be because of the hydroxides indeed.

by the way 69ron, small but important mispelling there, you said Psilocin is 5-HO-DMT, though for sure you meant 4-HO-DMT Smile

Imp
#4 Posted : 8/23/2010 4:09:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yea, same here. I tried snorting it after freebasing, and also smoking the mixture. But it didn't work, its possible i used too much water. I heard you could just use it sub lingually before basing. Is this true?
Come into the garden maud,
For the black bat night hath flown
and the woodbine spices are wafted abroad
and the musk of the rose is blown

Ac30f5pade5
#5 Posted : 8/23/2010 6:06:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the replies.

Where would I buy sodium carbonate? I see some sites online where they sell it for cheap, but I would rather buy it from a store. Would it be sold at a supermarket or hardware store?

Imp: Methods for using the resin sublingually are outlined in the thread I included in the first post.

And, still - how should it be smoked? Just bong it?
Posts made by Ac30f5pade5 are 100% hypothetical and for entertainment purposes only.

endlessness
#6 Posted : 8/23/2010 6:09:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

buy foodgrade sodium bicarbonate (sold in supermarkets or pharmacies). Sodium bicarb is used often as anti-acid for the stomach (when sold in pharmacies) or also for baking (when sold in supermarkets). Then to convert sodium bicarb into carb, its very easy, just put it in the oven for a couple of hours. Check the conversion wiki for more details

Ac30f5pade5
#7 Posted : 8/23/2010 6:33:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Oh! That's awesome. I probably have some baking soda somewhere here already. Thanks a lot!

69ron
#8 Posted : 8/23/2010 8:34:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
by the way 69ron, small but important mispelling there, you said Psilocin is 5-HO-DMT, though for sure you meant 4-HO-DMT Smile

Yes, that's a typo. Embarrased I will fix that typo in the post.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Ac30f5pade5
#9 Posted : 8/25/2010 12:30:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Should I use the same 4:1 ratio for the carbonate?

And what is the method for smoking? Would a bong work?

Ac30f5pade5
#10 Posted : 8/27/2010 8:16:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Bump.

Should I keep the same ratio, ron?

Xt
#11 Posted : 8/27/2010 9:47:06 PM

I have a friend who has some freebased virola resin, she was going to test it soon.
What dosage can i recommend her to try smoking?

Its likely that i will be the sitter so ill report back how it went.

“Right here and now, one quanta away, there is raging a universe of active intelligence that is transhuman, hyperdimensional, and extremely alien... What is driving religious feeling today is a wish for contact with this other universe.”
― Terence McKenna

Ac30f5pade5
#12 Posted : 8/29/2010 3:06:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dosage recommendations are found in the thread I linked to in the OP.

If it's Virola theiodora:

69ron wrote:
I would not try smoking more than 100 mg for a first smoked experience. If no effects are felt, you’re one of those that require a large dose of 5-MeO-DMT. Wait about 15 minutes before upping the dose. I’d try 300-400 mg next. I would not try 1000 mg for a first time. If your sensitive to 5-MeO-DMT like SWIM is, 1000 mg is going to freak you out. But for others that amount would be just right. That’s the problem with 5-MeO-DMT. Dosages needed from person to person really vary a lot.

Keep in mind:

69ron wrote:
I have NO IDEA what the potency is for smoked resin. Most people haven't been able to get it to work that way and I don't know why.

I'd like to know what she will use to smoke it.

Ac30f5pade5
#13 Posted : 9/12/2010 9:08:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

xtechre wrote:

I have a friend who has some freebased virola resin, she was going to test it soon.
What dosage can i recommend her to try smoking?

Its likely that i will be the sitter so ill report back how it went.

Any word for us on how this went? What did she use to smoke out of?

Also, should I keep it to the 4:1 ratio for sodium carbonate?

mindash
#14 Posted : 12/12/2010 1:56:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

just a bump, i have 500mg of VT reson coming ealy in the week and think i may try by smoking it, i've had a 40mg hit of pure 5-meo in the past and altho it freaked me out some i think ill manage but any added info would be nice

jamie
#15 Posted : 12/12/2010 6:28:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

40mgShocked ??...smoked or snuffed..that sounds like a giant meo dose...
Long live the unwoke.

Xt
#16 Posted : 12/12/2010 6:50:43 AM

She didnt seem to enjoy it at all. Aparently it tasted really bad, it smelled terrible. And the effects were negligible.
A large part of a gram was smoked.

“Right here and now, one quanta away, there is raging a universe of active intelligence that is transhuman, hyperdimensional, and extremely alien... What is driving religious feeling today is a wish for contact with this other universe.”
― Terence McKenna

mindash
#17 Posted : 12/12/2010 7:07:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

it was 40mg vaped and yeah i thought i was dieing and freaked a bit but im also known to take mega doses of dmt in the form of mimosa brew's as anyone in the nexus chat generally knows but i dont ever recommend the doses i take. also harmalas dont seem to effect me aside from the maoi effect unless i take huge doses, i needed 250mg of oral harmaline for instance to feel stand alone effects from it and thh ive never been able to feel effects from. i have a strange body chemistry i guess

heres a post describing why one shouldnt use the doses i do when brewing mimosa for instance

https://dmt-nexus.me/for...m=163808&#post163808

im not bragging im just saying everyones different so be careful