We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Hi there! noob advice needed Options

monty p
#1 Posted : 12/11/2010 12:45:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have been a long time lurker on this site and have finally joined as im in need of some advice.
SWIM has finally had the pleasure of trying some DMT, it was freshly extracted, freeze precipitated, dried and smoked/vaped in a "maschine" straight away. The experience was magical and VERY pleasurable, not harsh at all and actually tasted nice, strange but pleasant, not a breakthrough but very intense nevertheless!
SWIM and his friend very much enjoyed this experience but it was not the right time for more experimentation. The spice was wrapped up in foil, put in an airtight tub and left for approx 1 week. SWIM and his friend tried some more this evening in the same smoking device, same dose, but it was AWFUL! the spice tasted absolutely horrid, so bad that after 2 attempts each SWIM and his friend gave up! the feeling was not the same either altho they could have been distracted by the appalling taste.
Does anyone have any thoughts on why this could be? was it the poor storage technique? Does spice degrade that quickly?

SWIM really wants to try Spice again but not if its that un pleasant to smoke, any help would be appreciated!! Smile
Monty P is a fictional character i use to make my life seem more interesting than it is, therefore all of these posts are fictional.

"Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves" Bill Hicks.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Electric.Sight
#2 Posted : 12/11/2010 3:55:00 AM
DMT-Nexus member

When you say "the feeling was not the same" was it less of an experience, or just different?
Maybe you were burning the spice the second time round and residual burnt spice is effecting the taste?
If the spice looks/smells the same it probably didn't degrade while being stored.

The only other thing I can think of is the steel wool being used in the machine. Were you sure to torch off all the toxic junk coated on top before using it for spice? That would give quite a nasty taste for sure!
Disclaimer: All Entheogens and other research materials are not for Human consumption! I have researched by text the effects of consuming such things in case of accidental consumption. I have never actually consumed any of the materials I speak about and it should be assumed I'm speaking hypothetically. I have a wild imagination.

Bill Cipher
#3 Posted : 12/11/2010 4:19:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Nope. That's what happens when you store it in foil. Next time, invest in amber glass vials (or anything other than foil).

Electric.Sight
#4 Posted : 12/11/2010 4:55:55 AM
DMT-Nexus member

^^^Interesting, never used foil, always stuck to glass myself. Do you think a mini a/b would remove the bad taste?
Disclaimer: All Entheogens and other research materials are not for Human consumption! I have researched by text the effects of consuming such things in case of accidental consumption. I have never actually consumed any of the materials I speak about and it should be assumed I'm speaking hypothetically. I have a wild imagination.

monty p
#5 Posted : 12/11/2010 11:14:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the info guys, the feeling was definitely different, not as strong and not as nice. SWIM felt quite uneasy, like almost uncomfortable, nothing like the first time!
We used fresh brillo style pad (cleanly burt) and even cleaned the pipe beforehand. The spice really smelled strong before it was smoked, exactly how everyone describes it, mothball/plastic and STRONG, the first time it was hardly noticeable until burnt and even then it wasnt strong. SWIMS enjoyed the taste first time round.
Will invest in a decent storage method for sure, hope thats all it is. Was only a small amount of spice, nothing major lost.
Thanks again for the advice, will go check on my second freeze percip Pleased
Monty P is a fictional character i use to make my life seem more interesting than it is, therefore all of these posts are fictional.

endlessness
#6 Posted : 12/11/2010 7:28:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I wonder how much of it is self-suggestion, or maybe the fact that it maybe melted and became a different consistency/density and therefore the vaporization effectiveness changes (maybe some burnt and thats why it tasted bad)? Or maybe some oxidized and this increases the bad taste (but n-oxide seems perfectly active)

In any case as said before better store in glass vial next time. But yeah you could try doing an A/B on it or just recrystalize, it should work fine. I suspect even if some oxidized, it will be a relatively small amount on the surface (because n-oxide is oil so if most of it had oxidized it would all be an oil).

And by the way, I know you've read this before and I've said this a million times, but there is a good reason so I'll say it again: Consider getting a vaporgenie and a torch lighter. Ideally the GVG but the other can work fine too. It will make the vapor sooo much smoother and effective, n-oxide or not Smile

monty p
#7 Posted : 12/11/2010 9:09:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIMS GVG cleared thru customs yesterday, hes eagerly awaiting its arrival along with his ARC lighter Smile
This forum is the tits. so much good advice!
It cant have oxidized any great amount then as there seems to be no oil present. The change in feeling could definitely be due to self suggestion, helped along by the awful taste. SWIMS really dont think they burt the spice as there was a lot more "smoke" or thick vapour present the first time and the taste was pleasant. SWIM tried a tiny dose from a freshly percip'd batch today and the taste was easily bearable, things can only get better with a GVG.

Is there any way to flavor spice with a herb of some kind, but without burning the herb as SWIM doesnt "smoke" anything anymore and doesnt want to?
Like adding a herb into ones GVG? would that work??

Thanks again for the tips!

jbark
#8 Posted : 12/11/2010 10:11:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Anyone have any sources for appropriately sized amber vials? I would love to get some. I am a foil/ziplock/freezer guy, mostly because i haven't come across any such vials...

JBArk
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

monty p
#9 Posted : 12/11/2010 11:17:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM just found them on ebay, its a uk seller but theres sure be someone selling closer to you.

ragabr
#10 Posted : 12/11/2010 11:41:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Changa and enhanced leaf
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms