We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
A Lab Tech with No Knowledge of Chemistry~ Options

Myco
#1 Posted : 12/9/2010 3:11:27 AM

73μ

Yeah. I work as an entry-level technician in a laboratory despite the lack of a degree in chemistry. I want to go to school in the future though in this field and hope to learn some more about chemistry here in the forums. My foremost goal, however, is to join the community and engage/contribute in the discussions here; You guys/gals are awesome!

Besides reading these forums I've read Entropymancer's posts over on the Shroomery forums for a couple years. I have a couple years experience with mushroom cultivation as well.

EXTRACTIONS
Here's a bit of what i want to accomplish and perhaps discuss some:
1. I'd like to see very clean N, N-DMT crystals, just a small amount and hope to get some nice macro shots of them. I'd also like to see some n-oxide yellow crystals- I guess by just exposing some very clean N, N-DMT crytals to some room temp air for awhile. I will be using a A/B extraction tek for this.

2. I'd like to see some jungle spice, yellow/red waxy spice to smoke both with and without changa. I have NOT yet decided what tek is best to achieve this product....Also Iam concerned about buying quality, authentic MHRB for the jungle spice in particular because I don't want some gooey collection of alkaloids from misidentified plant material. Smoking/vaporizing light orange colored wax is all I have experience with(as far as dmt-experiences) provided in a safe-setting with multiple best-friends curled-up in bed together on a number of occasions.

ATTITUDE
I respect the outlook, rules, and history of this community. To approach a thing with proper understanding and outlook, and to consider the wider community (of dmt enthusiasts and the wider world) in your actions.

.....and with that, hello. Iam interested to hear any suggestions to my above extraction goals, and I hope to offer help trouble-shooting in mushroom grows in your forum.

A HUGE THANK-YOU TO EVERYONE WHO CONTRIBUTES THERE TIME AND KNOWLEDGE HERE. Very much appreciated!
arrive without traveling.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Bill Cipher
#2 Posted : 12/9/2010 7:21:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome. Good to have you.

I recommend the Marsofold tek, with a couple of extra steps: defat pulls and then 2 or 3 heptane re-x cycles at the end. Once you're done pulling everything possible with naphtha, xylene or limonene will pull out the jungle juice quite effectively.

Myco
#3 Posted : 12/9/2010 7:01:47 PM

73μ

Uncle Knucles wrote:

Welcome. Good to have you.

I recommend the Marsofold tek, with a couple of extra steps: defat pulls and then 2 or 3 heptane re-x cycles at the end. Once you're done pulling everything possible with naphtha, xylene or limonene will pull out the jungle juice quite effectively.

Thanks for the response Uncle Knucles. For my first goal I was indeed going to follow Marsofold's Tek primarily and I will take into account your advice. And you're suggesting to do a second run on the same material (the MHRB) with either the xylene or limonene correct? I guess in my two seperate goals above I was picturing two seperate batches of MHRB......

Thanks again for your reply. Smile

Bill Cipher
#4 Posted : 12/9/2010 8:04:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

No need for separate batches. Naptha will not pull the jungle, so once you've exhausted the supply of DMT, you just need to switch solvents to get to the mystery alkaloids. If you pull with either xylene or limonene from a fresh batch, what you will get is a full spectrum of alkaloids which includes DMT and jungle spice (whatever that actually is...).

Myco
#5 Posted : 12/11/2010 8:59:24 PM

73μ

I'd also like to add that Iam eager to become a member here to engage in some discussion on Yoga- Iam looking to expand my practice and would like to be pointed in the right direction for further teaching from some more experienced members here. Kriya, hatha, diyana, any branch of yoga really....

Dr_Sister
#6 Posted : 12/11/2010 9:31:57 PM

Synaptic cleft explorer

Chemical expert | Skills: Chemistry, Horticulture, Yoga, Meditation, Graphic/web design, MarketingSenior Member | Skills: Chemistry, Horticulture, Yoga, Meditation, Graphic/web design, Marketing

Myco, Sat nam
Sounds like you will have access to some decent glassware. Sister has to say a good sep funnel will make a world of difference for the extraction and purification. Like many of the teks suggest, Sister has also observed there is very little to defat with MHRB and would likely skip that step another time as being a waste of good solvent. Her defat with Toluene came back crystal clear.

On the subject of yoga it depends entirely upon your objectives/intentions? Here is the sisters take on the different flavors of yoga available. Although in theory they should all take you to the same place, the stilling of the waves of the mind.

Kundalini: more for the mind than the body, no amount of preparation or experience doing it makes it any easier. It continues to challenge. One of the few styles that introduces practitioners to meditation and mantra from the get go.

Ashtanga: an advanced physical form of yoga, that attracts a lot of type A personalities. Great to get and stay buff, but may expand the ego rather than reduce it. Practitioners of this style often become obsessed with the attainment of higher levels, of which there are many.

Power yoga: An ashtanga derivative for the masses, little to no spiritual component, more a form of fitness.

Hatha: This is a huge umbrella that most forms of western yoga except Kundalini can fit under. But classes that are marketed as Hatha tend to stick to the fundamentals, may include some meditation, and are attended by type B personalities. Not a bad place to start and get your bearings.

Bikram: Like power, there is little or no spiritual component, but a great workout that is accessible to beginners. Usually held in a room heated to 42°C, so you should like heat if you choose this style.

There are many more styles, but the ones above are the most prevalent in your Sisters neck of the woods.

Any more Qs about yoga drop your Sister a line

Myco
#7 Posted : 12/11/2010 10:32:53 PM

73μ

Thanks Sister. Iam into hatha yoga and a little meditation, but am seeking perhaps going into kundalini or kriya. Sat nam.