We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
My FIRST positive Salvia experience.. Options

Lucent
#1 Posted : 12/9/2010 4:57:13 AM

White

About 30 minutes ago I tried salvia extract for the 2nd time. I smoked some weed afterwards, to calm my nerves and because I always smoke weed after everything. :/. So i apologize if I am rambling.. Anyways, my first time was done in an extremely bad setting and I ignorantly took WAAAAY too much. This time and I now consider it to be a pretty awful setting, and I definitely want to move my salvia trip to a much COMFIER location.

This 2nd salvia trip was done 30 minutes ago and outside in my backyard in a shed I have. It started out with me going, oh wow I remember this exact feeling.. And the words "Your back.. Your back.." chanting in my head. This time I felt much better about my dosage and the place I was at, and felt like I had shown a lot more respect towards the "Salvia Gods". I kept telling myself, dont fight it, dont fight it. As I have a tendency to want to fight the odd feelings.. The seemed to be telling me that I was doing much better this time and that they would show me more. I closed my eyes and I completely forgot where I was or what I was doing, I felt like that was the way I really "was" in reality. It's a hard thought to explain now that I think about it. (THEN A BUNCH OF CRAZY SHIT HAPPENED I DONT KNOW HOW TO EXPLAIN AND I SORT OF FORGET AT THIS POINT. IT FELT LIKE I WAS ON A JOURNEY AND THINGS WERE JUST HAPPENING SO FAST I COULDNT REALLY GRASP ONTO ANYTHING TO SAVE IT IN MY MEMORY. All i remember is family, friends, people, ideas, and pictures in my head that I can't really describe to you). Then I felt as if I was slowly falling backwards and that a big hand had caught me and was slowly closing around me and holding me, I felt like i was curling up like a baby in her hand and the entire time the word "Love" was being chanted in my head. The word would NOT leave my thoughts. I remember thinking, is there anything else but "Love"?! and there was a strong feeling of euphoria and.. well love, running through my body. And at one point it got so intense that I thought, I don't know if I can handle this.. At that point I pictured people in my life and it seemed to remind me of myself and that I had just taken salvia. I was then able to open my eyes and there I was back in my shed and aware of what was going on.. At this time I felt relieved and wished I was experiencing this from the comfort of a couch or my bed. I closed my eyes trying to go back, but it wasn't the same.. But I still closed them and held onto the feeling as long as possible.

I'll be piecing this experience together in my head for quite some time.. Also, before I took the hit I remember hearing an airplane and when I started to take off I could hear some weird sound I didn't recognize that was clicking throughout my body. It wasn't the sound a plane makes, but I'm almost positive it was the plane.. It seemed to last forever though..lol.

This was my first positive experience with Salvia and next time I think I'm going to do it in a more comfortable environment.. Also, I'm interested in removing all worries from my mind before taking Salvia.. as I felt some of my worries and fears were brought up at the beginning of my salvia trip.. I assume this will come with growing comfortable of the salvia experience?

I look forward to trying it again.. But now I'm not sure if I'll be able to handle the intensity of DMT.. I guess it would be ignorant to assume I could in the first place, anyways, eh?

ALSO, THANKS FOR HEARING MY THOUGHTS.. I'D LOVE TO HEAR YOURS.

EDIT: I told my buddy about my experience and I was reminded that I mentioned a hand from my last Salvia experience (the bad one). And this reminded me of what I remember of my last Salvia experience and how the 2 experiences coincide with each other in sort of an eerie way. My last experience was done outside in a chair with 4 people watching me. I had filled the water pipe with water and filled up a HUGE bowl with 17x Salvia Extract. While walking over to the chair I spilled some water out onto the concrete because it was filled too high. I remember taking a giant hit and holding it in as long as I could. Also, imagine I am sitting in a chair looking at 4 of my friends watching me take Salvia. (HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, STUPID IDEAS I KNOW) Anyways, crazy stuff starts happening and I think im stuck in this new world and I look and see my 4 friends and they look like 4 fingers on a hand. And I look like the thumb.. Then this hand starts turning and curling and sort of tearing the world apart. And the water I spilled looked like the tear and I was freaking out cause I didn't know why there was a tear in the world (I guess i forgot I spilled water there?). And the experience sucked, but I just realized in my 2nd experience.. I was comforted by a hand.. Kinda cool, imo. I bet my next experience involves a hand as well. Smile

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

gibran2
#2 Posted : 12/9/2010 2:29:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

It’s good to hear that your preparations paid off. At a proper dose, salvia is rarely dysphoric (at least for me).

If you proceed, you’ll see that your experiences may develop “themes” – a sequence of experiences will be related in some way, or may be very similar. And then you’ll move on to a new theme.

The “family” vibe is often strong for me - a feeling of going home.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

Metanoia
#3 Posted : 12/9/2010 4:59:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice report. Although when you say "shed in my backyard" I'm picturing a shed with a lawnmower and other dangerous tools in it Laughing

It's true what gibran says, it's common to have themes to your trips. They become connected and you inevitably forget part of the trip, only to be reminded every time you smoke it again. After some time you're able to integrate it, then you move on to another. I also get that familiar "home" feeling. I think that is very common as well.

Definitely try it in your bedroom (or another comfortable place) in the dark next time. It'll help you let go easier, and there won't be the sound of planes flying overhead Pleased

Lucent
#4 Posted : 12/9/2010 7:33:04 PM

White

When you pictured that shed you were probably pretty close to the reality of it.. It's the only place I can keep any of my 'stuff' at my parents house. And considering I live there, I gotta do what I gotta do.. And it was partly the reason I decided to close my eyes, that and the intense feeling to leave my shed or go somewhere. Although, what I pictured outside of my shed as I was picturing myself running out of it was definitely not what my backyard looked like. It's weird that I am slowly able to piece back some of my experience that I really wasn't able to explain or remember at the time or directly after the experience.

I'm glad to see some people took the time to read my poorly written report, it means a lot to me when I get external input.

As for feelings of dysphoria.. I get really nervous and scared when I start to feel it hit and I can feel my face and body starting to curl or get hot or whatever it is that is going on with my face and body. There is like a weird line going through my body and I can start to taste the salvia flavor and then I seem to shoot off, but my fear gets pretty intense before I blast off... From what I've read I think this might be normal, but it was still extremely off putting and makes me hesitatant to even try Salvia again.. or at least until I get a strong urge to try it again.. Smile

Global
#5 Posted : 12/9/2010 8:54:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

In my opinion (and I'm sure I have some opposition) if you can handle a large dose of salvia, you can handle DMT. I find salvia experiences much harder to process, very kinesthetically odd, and not very forgiving at all. I find DMT to be much more euphoric, and more visually pleasing as well. Not that I think either substance should be illegal, but if I had a say, they would have reversed legal statuses, if not both legal.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

gibran2
#6 Posted : 12/9/2010 10:03:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

gobalswg wrote:
In my opinion (and I'm sure I have some opposition) if you can handle a large dose of salvia, you can handle DMT. I find salvia experiences much harder to process, very kinesthetically odd, and not very forgiving at all. I find DMT to be much more euphoric, and more visually pleasing as well. Not that I think either substance should be illegal, but if I had a say, they would have reversed legal statuses, if not both legal.

I agree with bits and pieces of what you say. Salvia is much more physical – you can feel yourself “morphing”, flattening, folding twisting, etc. in a very convincing way. This is uncomfortable for some, but I find it pleasantly fascinating.

With DMT the breakthrough transition is very visual – passing through something that is seen. With a salvia breakthrough, it’s often physical – turning inside-out or “blooming” into another realm.

I’d agree that if you can handle a large dose of salvia, then you can probably handle a moderate dose of DMT. But a high breakthrough dose of DMT - that’s something else. It is something for which you can’t prepare.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

Lucent
#7 Posted : 12/9/2010 10:13:27 PM

White

gobalswg wrote:

Thanks Gobalswg, that sort of eases my mind about DMT. As much as it's going to shatter my world, it's always good to go into things with the utmost confidence.

The first, and only time, I took a large dose of Salvia I had a horrible experience.. I don't even remember much of it and afterwards I just thought.. So Salvia is legal and weed is illegal, huh? So i definitely understand the thought process behind, 'HOLY SHIT. HOW IS THIS LEGAL COMPARED TO OTHER THINGS THAT ARE ILLEGAL?!'

As for DMT, I think I am going to have to extract my own, instead of finding it for free at Burning Man in 2011.. I think there's a lot more respect that goes into taking the time to extract it and learn about it. Even if it's all in my mind, I want to feel like I am not just ignorantly jumping into the experience.. Although I believe nothing can prepare me for what I will see, I feel going into DMT with the right state of mind and doing it in the way I FEEL IS RIGHT, will probably give me a much better outcome.. Salvia taught me some pretty realistic lessons.. I think? Smile

Lucent
#8 Posted : 12/9/2010 10:20:59 PM

White

gibran2 wrote:
gobalswg wrote:

I agree with bits and pieces of what you say. Salvia is much more physical – you can feel yourself “morphing”, flattening, folding twisting, etc. in a very convincing way. This is uncomfortable for some, but I find it pleasantly fascinating.

With DMT the breakthrough transition is very visual – passing through something that is seen. With a salvia breakthrough, it’s often physical – turning inside-out or “blooming” into another realm.

I’d agree that if you can handle a large dose of salvia, then you can probably handle a moderate dose of DMT. But a high breakthrough dose of DMT - that’s something else. It is something for which you can’t prepare.

Finally! Making sense of the weird sensation I was getting.. You can literally feel your body morphing and 'curling' with the world, the universe, reality, or w/e you want to call it... It's such a weird feeling, but I think it's something I can get used to.. I can see it helping me to learn to "let go" and be okay with things that are out of my control.. I look forward to trying Salvia again a little later 2day. I'll report back again, this time I'm going to stew on my experience until I can put it into words that make total sense.. I don't want to leave any parts out either. Smile

Thanks again for the input, I'm sure some part of these posts/replies will be felt during my next Salvia experience! Thanks for the guidance, eh.. Smile

Global
#9 Posted : 12/10/2010 4:50:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

gibran2 wrote:
gobalswg wrote:

Yeah, I find that distortion of touch can create great confusion whether it be from your clothes, or the couch, or whatever is in contact with you, and through that confusion and ambiguity you are sort of strapped into this roller coaster ride like no other. Also, I mean this in no offending way, but it's funny cause when I said "I'm sure I have some opposition," you were the first poster who popped into my mind Laughing I just always remember reading how much more intense your DMT experiences have been as compared with mine.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

gibran2
#10 Posted : 12/10/2010 5:11:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

gobalswg wrote:
...Also, I mean this in no offending way, but it's funny cause when I said "I'm sure I have some opposition," you were the first poster who popped into my mind Laughing I just always remember reading how much more intense your DMT experiences have been as compared with mine.

Maybe you haven't smoked enough. Cool

Global
#11 Posted : 12/10/2010 6:01:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah. I think I might try 60mg today and see if i can breakthrough with that