We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
making 10x caapi-are 2 weeks really necessary? Options

Swarupa
#21 Posted : 12/10/2010 11:11:11 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I made my first bit of changa last night, as soon as i added the leaf to the acetone with dissolved DMT the acetone went green and then red when i shone a torch on it, amazing!

This makes me feel most of the actives would get in there quite fast when making an extract... speaking of which i also have 12g of caapi leaf soaking in some acetone which ill evap onto 1g of peppermint for christmas/new year week.

I also grinded up all the caapi leaf into a fine powder so it would soak in well, it all evapped quite cleanly, can't wait to try it on a mushroom trip this weekend!

Peace

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

endlessness
#22 Posted : 12/10/2010 2:50:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Do tell us how it goes, Chronic. mushrooms+dmt has been my fav combo ever, and I can imagine vaporizing changa must also be very interesting.

BTW, I must say im still skeptic regarding how efficient an IPA or acetone soak is in retrieving alkaloids from caapi. They dont dissolve harmala freebase so well and I would suspect they dissolve the harmalas in their natural state (some unknown salt... ) very well.. Would be interesting if someone did an A/B on supposedly spent bark to see if more came out (or at least a few soaks and not just one)

justine
#23 Posted : 12/10/2010 4:28:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
Do tell us how it goes, Chronic. mushrooms+dmt has been my fav combo ever, and I can imagine vaporizing changa must also be very interesting.

BTW, I must say im still skeptic regarding how efficient an IPA or acetone soak is in retrieving alkaloids from caapi. They dont dissolve harmala freebase so well and I would suspect they dissolve the harmalas in their natural state (some unknown salt... ) very well.. Would be interesting if someone did an A/B on supposedly spent bark to see if more came out (or at least a few soaks and not just one)

I have 50g of supposedly spent caapi vine (soaked in ipa for a month), I will try do an A/B as soon as possible and post the results!

P.S : I really love this board Very happy
To see the world in a grain of sand, and to see heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hands, and eternity in an hour.
- William Blake

Swarupa
#24 Posted : 12/10/2010 4:28:45 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I wish i could vape it, it seems i'm going have to just smoke the changa in a bong as the heat gun method didn't work very well, i may try & find a torch lighter which may help me burn slowly in the dry bong, i will report back for sure, im really looking forward to it Smile

justine
#25 Posted : 12/10/2010 4:38:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chronic wrote:
I wish i could vape it, it seems im gonna have to just burn the changa in a bong as the heat gun method didn't work, i may try & find a torch lighter which may help me burn slowly in the dry bong, i will report back for sure, im really looking forward to it Pleased

If you want a torch lighter I strongly recommend you get this one (this shop is based in your country btw).
To see the world in a grain of sand, and to see heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hands, and eternity in an hour.
- William Blake

camakazi
#26 Posted : 12/10/2010 4:47:27 PM

RUN DMT

I've been using mek for this and it works a treat. Just be sure to use a glass pipette to pull it back out if you do... I lost a full batch as my plastic pipette literally turned to liquid and dripped into my extract.
Go with glass or at least hdpe.
"accept the possibility that you may never come back, then your mind is truly open."
____________________________________________________________________________________

The playful ballad of the sacred salad.

Swarupa
#27 Posted : 12/10/2010 5:36:55 PM
DMT-Nexus member

justine wrote:
Chronic wrote:
I wish i could vape it, it seems im gonna have to just burn the changa in a bong as the heat gun method didn't work, i may try & find a torch lighter which may help me burn slowly in the dry bong, i will report back for sure, im really looking forward to it Pleased

If you want a torch lighter I strongly recommend you get this one (this shop is based in your country btw).

I will definitely get one of these, trying to find a shop that i can go buy one for this weekend...

gammagore
#28 Posted : 12/10/2010 5:43:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chronic, in croydon there is a shop called "up in smoke" they have them for sale there.

Swarupa
#29 Posted : 12/10/2010 5:48:55 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Cheers dude, if i wasn't working tomorrow i'd drive down there... i'm just going to go to a local headshop tomorrow morning & buy the cheapest jet flame lighter they have until the arc arrives.

PREV12