We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Mentally destroyed on salvia divinorum but no visuals/hallucinations. Please help!! Options

Rasper1
#1 Posted : 12/7/2010 1:51:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I recently bought some salvia divinorum 50x as I’m fascinated by the idea of visiting parallel dimensions and contacting ‘beings’.

I’ve tried it twice so far and each time was pretty horrible, maybe even borderline traumatic.

The first time I hit about half a bowl in a bong in my flat alone. I felt so retarded (sorry can't think of a better word). All I felt was extreme confusion/disorientation. I couldn’t finish a single thought and for a few moments i didn’t know what was going on. Paranoia hit hard and when I realized I was high I fought it as hard as I could. I started jumping about doing shadow boxing etc, desperate for the feeling to go away. My vision was strange like I was concussed or something but no mushroomlike visuals of any sort.

The second time a bonged about three quarters of a bowl at home with mates after a night out whilst pretty drunk. This time was a total mindf**k but still no visual hallucinations. I completely lost control of my body as strange impulses took over. My head started shaking violently from side to side, my tongue was sticking out and my face was all screwed up with one eye wide open and one completely shut. One hand was above my head, swinging wildly round in circles like I was swinging a lasso. I was trying to stand but kept falling over/bumping into things (I was told about this afterwards). I didn’t have a clue what was going on, where I was etc. I didn’t know anything! I didn’t recognise my home or my mates but in retrospect I know I didn’t see anything unusual. When the initial mental breakdown wore off I tried to fight it again by jumping up and down and doing press ups.

I hated both experiences but am still interested in ‘breaking through’ or having a truly psychedelic experience like others I have read about.

Has anyone else been in a similar situation? Do you think I should try again or give up? Maybe do something different? Any advise would be appreciated!

Thanks

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

gibran2
#2 Posted : 12/7/2010 2:46:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

I suggest you begin by reading this thread.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

Methtical
#3 Posted : 12/7/2010 2:53:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Maybe treating it with humility and respect would be a good first step, coming home from the boozer pissed out of your face with a bunch of mates and having a razz on the old bong of Salvia - you think thats a good attitude to have whilst taking these substances? You get what you give mate.

Methtical

Metanoia
#4 Posted : 12/7/2010 6:07:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm basically just going to echo what has already been said.

Salvia needs to be treated with respect. As should anything that powerful. Your first attempt doesn't sound that horrible, apart from the dosage. And fighting the experience. Never a good idea with Salvia (or much of anything for that matter). The second experience, you were asking for trouble. You shouldn't combine Salvia with anything until you are much more familiar with the effects.

If you're going to try Salvia again, have more patience and respect. Start with smaller doses, I mean tiny little pinches of your extract. Hit it and lay down in a dark room, eyes closed, with someone there to watch you and not interfere. Meaning someone who will just sit there and shut up and not do anything but keep you from hurting yourself.

Salvia has a reverse tolerance effect to it. Meaning the more experiences you have, the stronger they will become. Your first and second experiences may not have been very visual, but if you decide to continue on with it, they can certainly become very intensely visual. I should also mention that Salvia visuals aren't akin to those experienced from shrooms or LSD. People do experience open-eye visuals, but it's mostly when you close your eyes and lay back that the real visionary experiences tend to happen.

Good luck.

Limeni
#5 Posted : 12/7/2010 6:17:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It sounds to me like Salvia may well not be the plant you are looking for. Why did you specifically choose Salvia, I wonder? And why would you think it made sense to start with the strongest extract you can buy?

Each of the different entheogenic plants have a different character, and while Salvia experiences can be astonishingly helpful and revealing, it is notoriously unforgiving to people who approach the experience for a laugh, and without knowledge and respect for its power.

As you ask for advice, I would suggest:

. . .Read up a lot more about the plant, its effects, and suitable doses

. . .Start with x5 or plain leaf (tincture is best, but smoking is fine to start off with)

. . .Treat the whole ritual with the seriousness of a religious experience (you say you are 'fascinated by visiting parallel dimensions', and yet by doing this at the end of a night out you are completely failing to understand the seriousness of what you are proposing, and how much it will affect your life - forever).

It's not your fault you have these attitudes, as they are sadly part of the culture we have grown up in. But I would suggest hanging out here for a couple of months before you do anything else, and just get a feel for what it is you are about to undertake.

Good luck - but please take your time and be careful.

Liméni

justine
#6 Posted : 12/7/2010 7:39:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It may be a good idea for you to buy plain leafs and make your own extracts, that way you will probably treat it more respectfully next time since you will have to
wait a month.
To see the world in a grain of sand, and to see heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hands, and eternity in an hour.
- William Blake

seven7seven
#7 Posted : 12/7/2010 8:24:08 PM

Stewie

Salvia can be extremely intense and uncomfortable, especially if you don't know what to expect.

I smoked a bowl of 20x one time. Told myself, I'm gonna sit in this chair and enjoy this. As soon as the bowl was gone I tried to walk for some reason, really bad idea. I had totally forgotten that I even smoked salvia. My face hit the ground, there was no way I could walk on that stuff.

This freaked my friends out, so they tried to hold me still. I saw what looked like a black hole, and I could feel myself melting into the spiral around it's edges. Terrifying! I couldn't move because my friends were holding me, but I thought I was being sucked into a negative dimension. This was very visual. I kept screaming no, no, no, no.

And then I was back. Hated that stuff. I will probably never touch the stuff again. I gave the rest I had away.

Metanoia
#8 Posted : 12/7/2010 9:22:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

seven7seven wrote:
I smoked a bowl of 20x one time...I will probably never touch the stuff again. I gave the rest I had away.

And this is why you should take it slow, work your way up, start with plain leaf or a 5x. You can scare the shit out of yourself and then be unwilling or very hesitant to try it again.

See gibran's thread about Salvia dosing. Very happy

the_ki
#9 Posted : 12/8/2010 4:12:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I suggest you try something else

proto-pax
#10 Posted : 12/8/2010 5:11:09 AM

bird-brain

I've had visuals of my soul leaving my body and profound healing. But I treat it with respect. I suggest you do the same otherwise you'll be treated to your own courtesy each time (not from any plant spirit, but from a mental state that isn't conducive to psychedelics ESPECIALLY ones like salvia.
blooooooOOOOOooP fzzzzzzhm KAPOW!
This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking.
Grow a plant or something and meditate on that

Tangarine_Dreams
#11 Posted : 12/8/2010 6:58:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

this is part of a paper swim wrote for school years ago. keep in mind much of this was internalized visions. some artistic license was needed because the assignment was to write a personal narrative.

After much time spent learning and practicing these new found methods of seeing past reality, I decided to try the most effective and extreme techniques, invoking the properties of naturally occurring psychoactive agents to gain a new perspective. I decided to use the herb known as Salvia Divinorum, which contains the active chemical agent of Savlinorin A. Savlinorin A is an incredibly powerful chemical that enables the brain to make connections that it cannot normally make. I obtained the herb from a shaman grower that I met some time ago. Historically, Salvia Divinorum is consumed by chewing a roll of fresh leaves, but due to the distance that the shaman lives away from me I was not able to get fresh plant matter. Instead I ran a short extraction and multiplication process on it to make it have more active chemical per volume. I then ingested it via vaporization with a MAPP torch and a vaporization bulb. Although this changes the effects slightly and nullifies some of the sacred ritual involved, it was the only way I could realistically consume it.

Before I exhaled the first breath I fell on the floor. Or did I? When I opened my eyes as I picked myself up off the forest floor I realized that it wasn't the ground at all, it was water and that I was drowning. I trashed at the water violently, struggling to grab hold of something solid that I knew was not there. After what felt to be an eternity I gave up, I relinquished my life to the sea and stopped moving. As I sunk anticipating the death that was coming near I realized that I was breathing in not water like I should be, but I was inhaling air. I opened my eyes expecting to feel the harsh burn of saltwater flood my eyes, but I felt nothing. As I looked around I saw the same thing I had before, the same luminescent water that glowed an intense amber but had no light source, the same pink bubbles that emitted a faint buzzing as they traveled toward the surface. Suddenly they began to dim as though they knew I was examining them. Heisenberg... Within a moments time they had vanished and likewise, the water began to grow dimmer and dimmer. As the amber grow of the water disappeared, I left my own life dimming out of existence, being consumed by the vacuum that had replaced the sea of light. Blackness, absolute blackness enveloped my body. I was dead. I watched my body as the vacuum caused my fluids to boil and the gasses to escape, tarring their way out of my body. My limbs atomized into an explosion of miniscule droplets of liquid that froze an instant later.
I blink. Regardless of whether I have a body or not, I blink my eyes. Once my eyes had refocused I saw that I was lying on the forest floor once again. As I looked around to gain my position I realize that the experience is over. I was slightly disappointed. I didn't feel that I gained any new incite on the world. It felt like nothing more than a very short and moderately intense hallucinogen trip. I decided to pick up my stuff and go back home, but when I reached down to get my bag, nothing happened. I couldn't move. Suddenly I feel this tingling sensation all over. What is it? What the hell is it? By this point I am beginning to panic. Suddenly an ant crawls over my eye. Ants, I'm coved in ants! I can't move to get them off, I can't do anything. As I looked around for the source of the ants and I realized why I couldn't move. I was a tree.
The experience hadn't stopped; I had become a tree in the very same forest I was actually in. The ants no longer scare me. Why would a tree be afraid of ants? That's absurd. In an instant I understand the ants. I can hear them thinking. I can think for them. I am them; I am one with the ants. I am one with nature, I understand plants and animals. I have all of the memories of this tree. I can feel and see myself growing from a seed. The forest growing around me, the houses being built, I see a boy come to play in the forest, occasionally with a friend. I experience years of growth and life. The birds sing to me, the ants live on me, the ground holds me, the worms help feed me, the storms bend me, the winters hurt me. I exist as a tree for an entire lifetime.
Darkness. The lifetime of memories I had just experienced faded away much like the memory of a dream fades as you are disturbed from your slumber. I have no body. I am nothing. I have no physical body, only thought. There is no world, no light, no sound, no darkness, and no silence. I am nothing, yet I am everything. Two plus two equals 5, and X plus X equals C but C minus X doesn't equal X. nothing has value.
The abyss that was everything slowly was filled by a new reality. I felt warmth again. Things felt solid, almost real. It was over. I knew this time, that it wasn't just a pause, I knew that it had ended. I was curled around the base of a huge old oak that had a line of ants crawling up the side. Around me autumn leaves fell that ranged in color from pinkish-red to orange and yellow. The sky had grown stormy and become almost as black as the night.
I was back in reality, this time with a different conclusion than the one I had when I first thought I was back. I learned how insignificant we all are, but at the same time how we are all bonded under a unity, much as the tree and it's ants are. How we are all spheres suspended in the ether that is life. Not a day has gone by since the time of my experience with Salvia Divinorum that I don't look at something in a way I wouldn't have prior.

noonermooner
#12 Posted : 12/8/2010 7:41:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Being a Salvia advocate, I would say don't give up on it.. HOWEVER not under any duress or confusion. The Salvia will do that all for you. Please don't do that again.... And start small.. 5x maybe. A good friend has also mentioned that Salvia does not like flame. (That has been my means of using it however with great enlightenment) So perhaps if you go down the Salvia Route again you might try a dilluted tincture. Salvia is beautiful, and if your patient it can yield great wealths of Life Purpose. Don't fight this one or It Will Bite! Oh Yeah, have a quiet sitter and a quiet room and let it take you away. Spiritual Enlightenment, my brother, Spiritual Enlightenment.!

Mindlusion
#13 Posted : 12/10/2010 2:46:03 AM

Chairman of the Celestial Divison

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Rasper1 wrote:
I couldn’t finish a single thought

I definitely know what you mean by this.
Way back around the first few times I used salvia, I made my own extract that was way too potent to just load a bowl of it to smoke.
The first time I used this extract It was very similar to your first experience.

I didn't know what was going on for a little bit, Then I tried to think, and wouldn't be able to finish a thought, then I felt like I needed to escape.

This is definitely because of a too high dose when your not ready for it.

I perceive that the whole process, the thinking, the panic, is all part of the "Game" salvia plays. Your placed right into this game with everything else. With no idea how to play. You have to play by the rules of the salvia realm. If your unprepared it leads to the panic and the paranoia.

At least this is how it seems to work for me. Give this a read if your interested

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=16638
Expect nothing, Receive everything.
"Experiment and extrapolation is the only means the organic chemists (humans) currrently have - in contrast to "God" (and possibly R. B. Woodward). "
He alone sees truly who sees the Absolute the same in every creature...seeing the same Absolute everywhere, he does not harm himself or others. - The Bhagavad Gita
"The most beautiful thing we can experience, is the mysterious. The source of all true art and science."