We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
White spice vs. orange/yellow spice Options

BecometheOther
#1 Posted : 12/8/2010 10:08:19 AM

metamorhpasizer

Hey I had this idea that there should be a dmt experiences section of the forum that compares and contrasts
Experiences with the pure white spice extracted with naptha,
and the orange, yellow, full spectrum spice extracted with limonene xylene ect.

This i believe to be of utmost importance! this is a very misunderstood area..
You have never been apart from me. You can never depart and never return, for we are continuous, indistinguishable. We are eternal forever

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 12/8/2010 10:18:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The problem is that the comparison will not really be valid if it isnt a blind test because self-suggestion/placebo plays a huge role.

So far AFAIK there has been only one blind test (Ice House) and he found no difference. I would suspect most, if not all, would not be able to see any difference between different colors.

Each DMT trip is so amazingly strong and unique, even the same batch of dmt can give completely different trips in the same day and place. I find funny how people are so sure to affirm about the differences without ever even taking in account the possibility of self-suggestion.

I would love if more people would test this so we would have a statistically significant data.

Opiyum
#3 Posted : 12/8/2010 3:19:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
The problem is that the comparison will not really be valid if it isnt a blind test because self-suggestion/placebo plays a huge role.

So far AFAIK there has been only one blind test (Ice House) and he found no difference. I would suspect most, if not all, would not be able to see any difference between different colors.

Each DMT trip is so amazingly strong and unique, even the same batch of dmt can give completely different trips in the same day and place. I find funny how people are so sure to affirm about the differences without ever even taking in account the possibility of self-suggestion.

I would love if more people would test this so we would have a statistically significant data.

I've been thinking about do some blind taste tests, so to speak, with some more than willing participants.

I would love to do the same thing with Mescaline, LSD and psilocybin. I believe at a high enough dose that there is little difference in the effects. So many people claim great differences and often these are people that haven't even had real mescaline but only think they have.
A friend of mine is real big on bullshit and pretending he is something he isn't. Often stating things he just learned from me two days prior as things he's known for years. Anyway I would love to do some blind tests with him.

It wouldn't be the first time spite inspired scientific endeavours.

Tangarine_Dreams
#4 Posted : 12/8/2010 4:06:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i dissagree about your top end dose guess.
ive done each of those at a stupid dose and they are very diff. the time i did them all at once, i couldn't tell i was altered and didn't remember being 'tripping' at all until the following week when no stories added up.

endlessness
#5 Posted : 12/8/2010 4:13:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well simply because of time of come up I could easily distinguish mescaline (2+ hours for first effects to start), acid (around 1 hour) and mushrooms (half an hour). Also duration is noticeably different.

But yeah I wouldnt mind participating in a blind test anyways Razz Just not in the time of life for it right now, but please do share if anybody does make tests.

Opiyum
#6 Posted : 12/8/2010 4:19:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Tangarine_Dreams wrote:
i dissagree about your top end dose guess.
ive done each of those at a stupid dose and they are very diff. the time i did them all at once, i couldn't tell i was altered and didn't remember being 'tripping' at all until the following week when no stories added up.

I expect lots of people would disagree but just to be a little clearer I'll say that I too have had very different experiences resulting from psilocybin and LSD and Mescaline. I've also had very similar experiences with all of those compounds.
The large variety of subjective effects from just one of these substances elucidates my point simply enough I think.
I just don't think, when it comes to a full blown hallucinogenic experience, one would be able to say which it is they took with 100% certainty every time.
Onset and duration would have to be disguised somehow....Onset would be easy to disguise but duration I'm not sure that could be.
Perhaps making the subjects commit to an answer at a chosen time for each substance...3 or 4 hours after initial effects are felt.

Nathaniel
#7 Posted : 8/11/2011 7:07:48 AM

Nathaniel

Opiyum wrote:

I would love to do the same thing with Mescaline, LSD and psilocybin. I believe at a high enough dose that there is little difference in the effects. So many people claim great differences and often these are people that haven't even had real mescaline but only think they have.

i am by no means an authority on this matter, but i will say that the effects of these drugs are greatly different (even though i've not yet had mescaline, i certainly have had shrooms and acid).

acid and shrooms are completely separate experiences. i think of them as acid being in your head and shrooms being in your body, to categorize it simply. but the visuals and sensations are different, too, regardless of how similar some may be.

i can attest that shrooms have always made me fart and burp, usually something fierce. there seems to be some sort of gastric reaction with mushrooms (for me at least, i know others have stronger constitutions for this sort of thing) and whenever i eat shrooms i always, ALWAYS puke. this is why i stopped doing shrooms. although i have found that mushroom tea doesn't nauseate me. i have never gotten sick off of acid, nor has it made me burp and fart.

anyway... i just wanted to say that i don't think you can equate these things. i'm very eager to try mescaline as i have read great things about it. also mushrooms taste horrible! blah! Shocked
You are me and I am you, I'll always be with you...

olympus mon
#8 Posted : 8/11/2011 7:31:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

for me there is unmistakable huge differences between mushrooms and lsd! if you were to blindly dose me im quite confident i could tell you which rather easily.

as far as NN goes i completely agree with endless, each dmt exp is so radicaly different that i feel there is no way to conclude any differnces in effects between white and yellow unless you did maybe a hundred blind test of each type and filled out a set questioner log after each trip. then maybe after looking over the data could yoy see some patterns. but not from just a handful of journey's. no way Jose. :
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

tele
#9 Posted : 8/11/2011 10:08:27 AM
Explorer

For me, yellow DMT is slightly heavier for my lungs than white, you can also see the yellow residue in condensation when smoking yellower spice. Some of the "yellow stuff" could be plant oils, which could be the reason why it's a bit harsher, at least for me.

SnozzleBerry
#10 Posted : 8/11/2011 2:46:40 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

^^^^^^^^^^^

That's the other thing...color doesn't indicate why it's that color. As pointed out, in that case it could be plant fats/oils, whereas my yellow DMT xtals were white and were then slightly oxidized, resulting in a yellow outside layer. Both batches of DMT would look yellow and could possibly cause two different people to self-suggest two entirely different things based on their personal understandings of what "yellow" indicates.
Wiki โ€ข Attitude โ€ข FAQ
The Nexian โ€ข Nexus Research โ€ข The OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
ื’ื ื–ื” ื™ืขื‘ื•ืจ

Global
#11 Posted : 8/11/2011 3:24:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

When I first started using the GVG, I was using it wrong (suprise!) and my screens and DMT were much closer to the ceramic filter. As a result, this dark, hard-to-remove goo would precipitate to the bottom of the GVG. If I rinsed it out with alcohol (which took some vigorous shaking), and evaporated I would be left with these dark brown/black DMT-looking crystals. If I put them back in the GVG to vape, they most definitely routinely added a different quality of character to the experience. I'm well aware as are all of you that the experience can be so radically different from one time to the next, even in the same day, but these dark crystals beyond a shadow of a doubt added a different set of feelings and visual contrast to the experience that felt a lot like shrooms. They were also notably significantly more powerful for their weight. For that reason, and their color, I began to call them my Black Tar DMT crystals. You would need much less to go much further. On my ayahuasca trip when I had my white light experience encounter with the godhead, it was from taking two tokes of a small black tar crystal. Anyway, I'm well aware this is not what this debate was about, but as long as we were talking color, I thought I'd throw that in there. There's almost a part of me that wishes that I still vaped incorrectly so I could get back at that marvelous black magic.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

DeMenTed
#12 Posted : 8/11/2011 5:00:26 PM

Barry

As snozz says yellow dmt can be dmt n'oxide which is different ime. I let about 50ml of naptha which had already been freeze preciped evaporate near an open window as the naptha level dropped it left behind an orangy goo which when fully dried it crystallized and there was around 45mg there. When i vaped it i immediately noticed the different taste, it was very nice tasting. It started quite slow but rapidly started creeping up on me and with every second i could feel the excitement growing as i started to hear this siren sound which i had only heard once before. The sound cant be explained really, all i can say is its the best sound ive ever heard! Sorry for rambling but i wish i could make a batch of pure n'oxide dmt Smile

tele
#13 Posted : 8/11/2011 5:14:40 PM
Explorer

DeMenTed wrote:
As snozz says yellow dmt can be dmt n'oxide which is different ime. I let about 50ml of naptha which had already been freeze preciped evaporate near an open window as the naptha level dropped it left behind an orangy goo which when fully dried it crystallized and there was around 45mg there. When i vaped it i immediately noticed the different taste, it was very nice tasting. It started quite slow but rapidly started creeping up on me and with every second i could feel the excitement growing as i started to hear this siren sound which i had only heard once before. The sound cant be explained really, all i can say is its the best sound ive ever heard! Sorry for rambling but i wish i could make a batch of pure n'oxide dmt Smile

Do you mean the sound of the "carrier wave", like sort of hum/buzzing? It comes at least to me almost every time I load over 20mg. I think it's one of the most important aspects of the experience, the way it takes you "there" and the way it is, it's just incredible.

DeMenTed
#14 Posted : 8/11/2011 9:58:46 PM

Barry

Its not the carrier wave sound tele, its more an infinite sound that stays thru most of the trip, its rare that i get it Sad

DeMenTed
#15 Posted : 8/11/2011 9:59:45 PM

Barry

It kind of goes "bing bong bing bong" with a kinda portamento feeling to it,my best explanation lol

tele
#16 Posted : 8/11/2011 10:18:56 PM
Explorer

DeMenTed wrote:
It kind of goes "bing bong bing bong" with a kinda portamento feeling to it,my best explanation lol

LOL sounds of space. May our journeys be plentiful for our eyes and ears...Smile

caliwa
#17 Posted : 8/11/2011 10:54:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
Well simply because of time of come up I could easily distinguish mescaline (2+ hours for first effects to start), acid (around 1 hour) and mushrooms (half an hour). Also duration is noticeably different.

But yeah I wouldnt mind participating in a blind test anyways Razz Just not in the time of life for it right now, but please do share if anybody does make tests.

very true. blind test between LSD/Mezcaline/psylocibin would only fail on the unexperienced. i would add some more sensations here:

Acid is totally friendly, almost never obscure, generates empathy, and a unsual articulation of ideas from the individual.

mushrooms can get really obscure. but thats because the nature of the substance is to conect humans with nature, if mind wants to go other way or its very astray on this regard, bad trip can overcome.

i would dare to say, if your mezcaline trip its not obscure in any part of it, you have probably not taken mezcaliene, this is a hard teacher, you must follow his magnetism. if you fight, you lose. its the heaviest of the 3.
I am with those man who own that particular kind of courage of the interior voyager.

olympus mon
#18 Posted : 8/11/2011 11:32:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

DeMenTed wrote:

this link is almost exactly what i hear when launching. my sound starts at 43 seconds but they are all cool. when i found this it gave me goose bumps and really got me wondering if somehow the audible sounds on dmt are not coming from the cosmos and for some reason we can hear them while under dmt.

check it here. remember 43 sec
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

nen888
#19 Posted : 8/13/2011 5:49:52 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..just my 2c worth..

synthetic dmt is usually yellow>orange by the time it reaches most people (presumably oxidation)..

orange>red (&yellow>pink, or brown) multi-alkaloid acacia extracts are almost unquestionably 'different' if tried (incl. duration),
and should constitute another category of 'spice', i feel..
(Trout, in his notes, refers to the so-called 'Blacklight Material' from certain A.obtusifolia (& mucronata i add) trees which contain leptocladine &NMT..the effects are seen as distinct from most commonly encountered plant dmt extracts)
..trees with additional 5meo can be brutally different...

flutterbi
#20 Posted : 9/24/2011 2:35:57 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I've never felt a difference between the yellow and the white spice. And as for acid, mushrooms and mescalin for me they are completly differint worlds all of which are unique and precious.

123NEXT»