We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Different ways to smoke DMT Options

Bananaman
#1 Posted : 9/15/2008 9:40:05 PM
DMT-Nexus member

What are the best/different ways to smoke freebase DMT?

SWIM is in possession of 2 large water bongs, a vaporizer, and pipe. SWIM is also in the process of making a pipe out of a Jack Daniels bottle that he has seen a tek of somewhere. Although he has never tried DMT yet, SWIM is wondering what is the best and easiest way for a breakthrough. SWIM sort of dislikes resorting to using a meth pipe, for obvious reasons.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 9/15/2008 11:47:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

each person has their own way.. check this thread out for example.. There are people that use pipe, bongs without water, water bongs, smoking out of light bulbs, etc..

SWIM personally uses a water bong, with one of those typical pipe thin-mesh metal screens in the bong head/cone. So then SWIM puts ashes as a first layer on top of the metal screen, to prevent the DMT from running down the holes or smt.. Then SWIM puts the dmt, and then a fat layer of ashes on top to act as a protective buffer, because its not good for the flame of the lighter to touch the dmt directly. SWIM puts water in the bong, and feels it significantly makes the smoke smoother, does not diminish potency and prevents any possible caustic soda remains from the extraction to be inhaled (even though SWIM is very careful in extraction, recrystallizes and so on).

(and when SWIM doesnt have his bong, he improvises one with a small water bottle, cutting a hole in the middle, passing a tube and an improvised cone made of alluminium foil with a few poked holes in it, attached to the tube.. then same process of ashes as before)

Bananaman
#3 Posted : 9/16/2008 12:41:59 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ashes? like from cigarettes?

KUSHMASTER
#4 Posted : 9/16/2008 12:45:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Bananaman wrote:
ashes? like from cigarettes?

Yeah thats what i use if i dont have any ganja. Ashes is ashes. It don't really matter

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a character based on other people) obtained a license for said activity or did said activity where it is legal to do so.

endlessness
#5 Posted : 9/16/2008 1:08:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yes, ashes are results from already combusted material so it can be from anything, it wont affect the taste or anything.. Just for the symbolic somehow SWIM always preffers if its some weed ash hehe, but if thats not available can be tobacco ash too, its all good

Darkbb
#6 Posted : 9/16/2008 2:09:49 AM
DMT-Nexus member

do you find the bong and ashes way to be more useful than the light bulb way?

endlessness
#7 Posted : 9/16/2008 2:32:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

well, SWIM never used the light bulb, but did try a variety of pipes and feels the bong and ashes is the best way.. its worth a try at least Smile

mardybum
#8 Posted : 9/17/2008 7:11:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah sandwhich method described above is my favourite way.

i also did this a while ago and quite enjoyed it. i mixed 250mg of DMT in warm naptha then added 250mg of some legal herb stuff into the solution and let the naptha dry out and thus the dmt recrystallised all over these herbs. then i just blocked the whole of a cone pice with some ash and loaded up a cone of this dmt herb infusion. was quite easy on the lungs and i brokethrough easily.

extrememetal43
#9 Posted : 9/17/2008 8:18:56 AM
DMT-Nexus member

my friend has had great luck with infused herb. he uses 3 parts herb and 2 parts dmt and uses bestine to dissolve spice then puts in the herb. he found using about a ml or 2 more than it would take to saturate the herb, u want it swimin in there 4 a bit,its important 4 some reason. doesnt smoke well if u use just enuf solvent. anyway pack about 75 mg dmt equivalent which will b roughly 187 mg of finished herb in the middle of the doob. when u get to the midlle if the j care must be taken with ur smokin style when the smoke changes when it gets to the middle in between hits let the j smoulder a bit to allow spice to melt a lil(this also gives u time to hold in your hits) then when u tke ur long gentle slow hit u will hit a slight syzzle sound, keep it gentle to much slight sizzle is spice burning away and being wasteful. but this alternative way of smoking really really helped my bud who cannot get the hang of freebasin that stuff.

obliguhl
#10 Posted : 9/17/2008 2:25:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Lightbulp is horrible. I don't know why, but the machine is 1000% smoother. I one can associate this verb with DMT.

acolon_5
#11 Posted : 9/17/2008 3:40:15 PM

The Great Namah

Darkbb wrote:
do you find the bong and ashes way to be more useful than the light bulb way?

Different yes. More useful, it depends.

I like a vaporizer for the power. It is not a mellow ride for me when I get a successful vaporized dose. I have never had success with the lightbulb method, the smoke it just too harsh on my throat. I have had some success with a bent meth style pipe in a bubbler or bong.

Ashes work very well because of how smooth is it. You also don't have the issue of your leaf material tainting or altering your spice adventure. Blue lotus or damania is what I use for the leaf bed method, but have noticed that with blue lotus at least, the journey can be some what too mellow.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

acolon_5
#12 Posted : 9/17/2008 3:42:11 PM

The Great Namah

extrememetal43 wrote:
my friend has had great luck with infused herb. he uses 3 parts herb and 2 parts dmt and uses bestine to dissolve spice then puts in the herb. he found using about a ml or 2 more than it would take to saturate the herb, u want it swimin in there 4 a bit,its important 4 some reason. doesnt smoke well if u use just enuf solvent. anyway pack about 75 mg dmt equivalent which will b roughly 187 mg of finished herb in the middle of the doob. when u get to the midlle if the j care must be taken with ur smokin style when the smoke changes when it gets to the middle in between hits let the j smoulder a bit to allow spice to melt a lil(this also gives u time to hold in your hits) then when u tke ur long gentle slow hit u will hit a slight syzzle sound, keep it gentle to much slight sizzle is spice burning away and being wasteful. but this alternative way of smoking really really helped my bud who cannot get the hang of freebasin that stuff.

I find that using ethanol or methanol as a solvent works a little better. Alcohol evaporates a lot quicker than bestine....but yeah, I like the enhanced leaf thing as well.
The Spice extends life
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

extrememetal43
#13 Posted : 9/17/2008 5:14:40 PM
DMT-Nexus member

are methanol and ethanol available OTC? i do notica that bestine how it works with dmt is u gota heat it up b4 adding the herb and then the crystals crash out as it becomes cooller. i would imagine with alcolhol it easily dissolves at room temp am i right?

DMTripper
#14 Posted : 9/17/2008 5:47:10 PM

John Murdoch IV

I like to sandwich in dried mint leaves. Very smooth for the throat. You can try to smoke just mint leaves first and find how easy they are on your throat.
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

acolon_5
#15 Posted : 9/17/2008 7:46:15 PM

The Great Namah

extrememetal43 wrote:
are methanol and ethanol available OTC? i do notica that bestine how it works with dmt is u gota heat it up b4 adding the herb and then the crystals crash out as it becomes cooller. i would imagine with alcolhol it easily dissolves at room temp am i right?

Yes... denatured alcohol is a mix of ethanol and methanol. Ethanol can be gotten from any liquor store, look for 195 proof or Everclear brand.

Methanol by itself is OTC but is not that easy for me to find...so I stick with the mix or just ethanol. Isopropryl alcohol works, but really forms more of a colloidal than a solution.
The Spice extends life

Viracocha
#16 Posted : 9/17/2008 11:47:55 PM

..still lc..

Methylated spirits (denatured alcohol / rubbing alcohol)
IPA (99%) (but takes ages to evaporate)
Acetone (99%) (very high solubility, very fast to evap)
Polish Pure Spirit (98% drinking vodka)

All work find for enhancing leaf

I'm surprised you're using bestine! The first few times i made the leaf I used Shellite and, well it looks pretty cool, but the spice would not actually soak into the leaf, instead crystals would shoot out from the leaf making it look like crazy stuff. Something about the complexity of petroleum ether that doesn't allow it to penetrate past cell walls, whereas the above mentioned alcohols do.

I can always break through on leaf

I can't even come close with a crack pipe!

extrememetal43
#17 Posted : 10/2/2008 2:21:28 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ya SWIM has it down to an art with the leaf...seriously fuck ever trying to vape that powder again it just aint reliable the infused herb is a guarantee. IDK used bestine cuz had it but acetone sounds like the best bet. High proof alcohol is not available otc where SWIM lives.

benzyme
#18 Posted : 10/2/2008 3:41:01 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

a hookah with sheesha would be interesting, give it an orange flavor on top of the plastic note Laughing

*edit* nevermind, I just realized how wasteful that would be
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Observant
#19 Posted : 10/3/2008 7:34:41 PM

Nothing Stops The Void

Has someone of you ever tried to smoke spice on top of vermiculite ?
A friend of mine did , and it worked very well wor him , he said the Verm would hold a lot of spice.
The melting point of this stuff is 1315°C .

Had he more quickly realized just who they were,he would have shown them more respect.Had he tried harder to fathom their brilliant minds,he would have taken more of their teachings to heart.Had he more clearly understood the purpose of their being,
he would have more vigorously tried to assist them.They were truly honorable; he was sadly prejudiced.
They were exceedingly well informed; he was grossly ignorant.They were totally indefatigable; he so often, and so quickly,gave up. Still, for many years there was a strong inter-species alliance between the Eleven-Eleven of the Half-way Realm, their Seraphic Associates,and their flesh-and-blood friend, a common mortal. Much was accomplished, many profited, and, there’s only one regret...They could have achieved so much more...

All Hypnotizing Hypnotizes Hypnotizing

Jorkest
#20 Posted : 10/3/2008 8:04:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

anybody heard of a Vapor Genie? try it out...one hit wonder...hit and hold
it's a sound

12NEXT