We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
[SECURITY] Validation key reset Options

The Traveler
#1 Posted : 10/10/2010 3:01:54 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Hi all,

Due to the ever increasing need for extra security I have changed the validation key used throughout the DMT-Nexus. This might sound cryptic but all it means is that we up the security a bit and that you have to login again, thats all.

There was no direct need to cycle this key but it's good practice to change this once in a while.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

corridors of my cells
#2 Posted : 10/10/2010 6:00:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank for saying it trav... i was thinkin on which friends computer i left my password that he could login... coz when i came in it asked login.. Razz gud to know that, Thanks for increased security Smile
Peace

Dimitrius
#3 Posted : 10/11/2010 9:24:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I was thinkin' why I was having to log in.

Thanks for the extra security Traveler. It's much needed here.
"Within your heart is a lotus, and within this lotus is a diamond. This diamond is the source of creation, and in all the creation, there is only one lotus."

"Only from the Heart can you touch the sky." ~ Rumi

kemist
#4 Posted : 11/22/2010 8:37:38 AM

John

Excuse me Trav. Just one question. Is it really safe to be constantly logged in, especially trought the smartphone? I mean can the user's device be tracked easily?
As a kemist I never met ILPT in physical form and never talk to him. He share his wisdom, trough my mind, telepathicly only. Please don`t prosecute me, for his possible illegal activities. He is bonkers about chemistry and doesn`t even exist in this primitive reality !!!

Mercury_Hg
#5 Posted : 12/2/2010 4:30:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Why is the whole forum SSL encrypted, if I may ask? And it seems every other day the certificate is revoked (although some of those might be BIOS resets on my part, I always forget to enter the time).
Disclaimer: Everything I say is the truth.

The Traveler
#6 Posted : 12/2/2010 11:47:59 AM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Mercury_Hg wrote:
Why is the whole forum SSL encrypted, if I may ask? And it seems every other day the certificate is revoked (although some of those might be BIOS resets on my part, I always forget to enter the time).

The whole forum is encrypted to prevent a man-in-the-middle attack. In short: no eavesdropping on the communication between you and the DMT-Nexus server. The only thing they can see is that you connect with the DMT-Nexus but not the content of the posts you make, etc.

Sometimes when images from other websites are used or embedded Youtube videos those images/videos aren't from an SLL encrypted site, thus the 'security warning' you get.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Eranik
#7 Posted : 12/2/2010 12:30:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Is it possible to read the wiki via SSL too? I'm always worried when I open the wiki.
Disclaimer: All of these posts are of a fictitious nature only. Their author is known to be a pathological attention-seeking ADHD liar and he/she should NOT be taken seriously in any way. Do not trust anything he/she says because it is simply untrue.

Nature Boy
#8 Posted : 12/2/2010 12:39:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM hides his IP address most of the time when hooking up with the Nexus, but not all the time, since it does degrade the access speed. What are the opinions on the efficacy of that practice? Necessary? Not?

Thanks,

N.B.

Shaolin
#9 Posted : 12/2/2010 1:44:58 PM

Stiletto Stoner

Nature Boy wrote:
SWIM hides his IP address most of the time when hooking up with the Nexus, but not all the time, since it does degrade the access speed. What are the opinions on the efficacy of that practice? Necessary? Not?

Thanks,

N.B.

1. Do the laws in your country make it possible for the police to get an international warrant ? (to get the IP logs from the server)
2. How is their cooperation with the Dutch police ? Does the Dutch police have to operate under some law by which the must allow access to a server in their country when request by law enforcement from another country ?
3. What must be found on that server that the police in your country will issue a warrant for a house search ?
Got GVG ? Mhm. Got DMT ?

Pandora wrote:
Nexus enjoys cutting edge and ongoing superior programming skills of the owner of this site (The Traveler), including recent switching to the .me domain name.

I'm still, I'm still Jenny from the block

Simon Jester wrote:
"WTF n00b, buy the $100 vapor pipe or GTFO"

Ignorance of the law does not protect you from prosecution

Nature Boy
#10 Posted : 12/4/2010 8:05:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm in the US of A. I'm presuming the paranoid government here has its nose in EVERYONE'S business.

As to whether there is co-operation between these two nations...I assume so. Seems safer to assume YES and be wrong than to assume NO and be wrong...right? Laughing

As to your other questions, I have absolutely no idea. All I know is I love my country but fear my government...even though I'm no threat to anyone. I'm a hard-working accomplished professional...the perfect contributor to society. A good family man, honest to a fault, charitable, respectful of all people and their rights, a devout, practicing Buddhist, etc., etc. But technically, because I vaporize spice once every couple of weeks to once a month, a criminal in their eyes.
N.B.