We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
First Caapi Only Brew Options

Agave
#1 Posted : 12/3/2010 4:41:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi everybody,
Last night I had my very first initiation to ayahuasca. I decided it would be best and maybe more respectful to fly solo with just the vine.

I started with 225g of yellow whole vine. I wanted it to be more of an organic and connected experience so I found a large smooth rock to use as as a base and used a 3 lb single jack to pulverize it. While I was pounding on it I noticed a fine powder wafting up (I didn't wrap the vine in anything) and I was a little afraid that I was going to lose a lot of material, but when I re-wieghed it I had only lost less than 2g. What was strange is that when I finished pounding the vine I had this sort of small chilly rush go through me and for the next 45 minutes I had a definate feeling of being in a tunnel and a little disconnected.

When it was time to cook the brew I tried to follow Minxx's procedure as closely as possible. Using a ceramic lined steel pot I simmered slowly 4/6/3 adding 2tbsp white vineger to the first 2 washes , none to the last and straned each wash through an old t shirt. I then reduced it all down on the top of the woodstove which worked out great because it simmered so slowly and evenly. Sometimes not simmering at all but still steaming off and it never got scorched at all. When it was done, I had 250ml from 225g. I must say that it looked and smelled lovely and I was very happy.

For the previous 4 days I had been eating only plain fruits, veggies, corn totillas and grilled unseasoned chicken. pretty boring stuff but lots better than an all out fast. When it was time to take the medicine, a friend came over and did a pretty amazing native american pipe ceremony for me outside at sunset. I won't go into detail but it was way more than I was expecting and I felt deeply honored. I drank 70 ml of the medicine to start with and was surprised that it didn't taste bad at all. A lot like strong sweetened coffee.

It took maybe 20 minutes to feel the first affects. Kind of that same tunnel-like feeling but I felt very relaxed and comfortable, I started getting some mild audio background white noise type things going on ( where I live is absolute silence). I finally started feeling a bit ill and dizzy like motion sickness. Slight nausea but no purge. After an hour I drank 30ml more medicine to make it an even 100. More stomach quizziness but still no purge. After about 3 hours I went to bed a little dissapointed that a bit more didn't happen, but maybe thats just the way it is with caapi? Next week I add the Light... Thanks for listening.
Peace
As Within, So Without.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

gibran2
#2 Posted : 12/3/2010 6:07:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

Iโ€™m also new to aya/pharma, and had my first caapi only experience not that long ago. Your experience sounds familiar.

Please let us know how your next experience goes!
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.