We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Who takes DMT as just another Drug? Options

TTommy
#1 Posted : 9/11/2008 7:47:21 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Ok so there is alot of spiritual going on with DMT swim can understand this as it does create one hell of a trip.

but who here just sees it as another drug?

who just belives that it is just another thing to get high on?

Swim is not sure what to belive as of yet.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

histones
#2 Posted : 9/11/2008 8:13:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Many people today are threatened by the idea of a drug being able to produce a spiritual experience. this is a very important area of research in the modern use of entheogens today.

The threat comes from the idea that it should not be neccessary to consume a substance to acheive a higher state of awareness or obtain a degree of spiritual awakening, i have spoken with (western) "Tibeten Buddhists" and even saying the world "divine" or "enlightenment" in association with a psychedelic experience triggers immediate defensive attitudes. this is so counter productive on so many levels... save even for the fact that DMT in endogenous.

So what is this thing we call the nature of mind? we can identify more than one experience that cannot be described by words... our language falls short... can you think of a personal experience that falls short of words? good.

SO

the problem here is this hardline anthropocentric view that as individuals "we" are on a personal quest for salvation or individual spiritual awakening, when in fact science (as we know it) has demonstrated that ultimately there is a unified law (somewhere) that binds us as one. "we" does not mean humanity...it means reality...and all of the rocks and trees and light and air...ect ect

"we" are really just part of the same cosmic song...this same broadcast of the same energy.

so is consciousness really the universe seeking to understand itself? then the path to awakening must be for consciousness to observe the universe as the universe observes consciousness.

so is it any less intoxicating to observe the stars than it is to breathe smoke? i think not.

xantus
#3 Posted : 9/11/2008 8:47:49 PM
DMT-Nexus member

well said histone. our culture is so tied with deciding that one course of action is more valuable than another course of action. whatever value you put into whatever you decide to do is entirely up to you.
different perceptions are just different perceptions. it's not like one is more true than the other. who decides what 'true' is anyways?

I can't call it a drug anymore than I can call serotonin a drug, or smelling a banana a drug. all words are dead, but the word drug has been especially driven into the ground. dmt is a superpowered electron microscope for your awareness; just because you have a very powerful toy doesn't mean you have to use it only to find the cure for cancer or the meaning of life.

histones
#4 Posted : 9/11/2008 9:23:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

xantus wrote:
just because you have a very powerful toy doesn't mean you have to use it only to find the cure for cancer or the meaning of life.

exactly,

let DMT be what DMT is, whatever it is
allow yourself to be transfixed by the mystery, allow your heart to be moved by the visions it may show you . be willing to surrender to the unknown.

and with that open mind, and open heart is it suprising that we may have the chance to find ourselves better people?

WSaged
#5 Posted : 9/11/2008 9:32:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Ok so there is alot of spiritual going on with DMT SWIM can understand this as it does create one hell of a trip.

but who here just sees it as another drug?

who just belives that it is just another thing to get high on?

I would imagine that a lot of people smoke DMT for the first time, just to put another notch in their "Look at all of these substances I've consumed" belt.

But I would also guess that anyone who reaches a true "breakthrough", or uses DMT more than once or twice in a casual fashion, would almost have to begin seeing DMT as more than just another drug "to get high on"!!

If one takes only one or two tokes, you will get beautiful patterns & colors & other hallucinations similar to LSD or mushroom hallucinations.
But there is a definite threshold, where DMT, unlike LSD etc... becomes much, much more than just a drug!!! There is point where the pretty colors converge into some kind of door, or gateway, or however it appears to you and this is as real as the door to the room you smoked the spice in!!!
Once on the other side, you are somewhere else!! This place is real, this place is not a hallucination and this place is inhabited by other life forms!!
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it!!
Once you get there, you know it, no mistakes can be made about it!! But it never lasts long enough!!

Combine your DMT with B.Caapi tea (MAOI) and this life force with come to tell you about all of this itself!!!

Some may treat DMT and Ayahuasca as just another drug to get you fucked up, but anyone I've know who has had even just one true "breakthrough" had no questions about DMT being at least some kind of key to somewhere else, if not being that "somewhere else" in itself!!

...2 cents.

WS

All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

TTommy
#6 Posted : 9/11/2008 9:51:35 PM
DMT-Nexus member

gave me alot to think about. thanks please keep your views coming.

Swim is not sure about breaking through as of yet.

he has eneough DMT to do so but he finds the first few seconds of the trip frightening. is he ready for a breakthrough? does he really want to see what can be seen? all questions that he wants to answer

He has disrespected the spice arleady by giving it to someone who didnt even know what it was. he will not be doing it again.

WSaged
#7 Posted : 9/11/2008 10:21:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
he has eneough DMT to do so but he finds the first few seconds of the trip frightening.

Trust me, your wasting your spice if you don't go for the real deal!!!

Do really mean frightening? Or do you mean, it gets very intense, very fast and your not ready for it?

Before you smoke, do a little meditating.
Nothing fancy, just sit and slowly breath in & out and pay attention only to your breathing! Silence your thoughts, except for watching your breath go in & out slowly for like 5-10 minutes.
This will slow your heart rate down and calm your inner voice.

Then smoke your spice, with that same calm mind. When you think you've had enough, take one more toke!! Its that one extra hit that usually is necessary to get over!
Now sit or lay back and CLOSE YOUR EYES.
Things are gonna get intense but thats the idea!!! When you reach over load, you will reach the other side & any tension will instantly go away as you are welcomed (or welcomed back!) with cheers & love!!! Seriously!!

Fight it and you will not win, you'll just have a ten minute freakout.
...And that happens sometimes.

Good luck & Enjoy!

BTW, its perfectly fine to share your DMT with good friends.
As long as they understand its gonna blow their doors off!!

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

acolon_5
#8 Posted : 9/12/2008 3:42:22 PM

The Great Namah

I'm sure a large % of the population think of DMT as just another drug. However, I believe that the % for people who have broken through AND smoked spice for a second time is much, much, much lower.

Once you breakthrough things change. DMT is a medicine to me....do you know of any medicine's that are not drugs? The word "drug" itself has many meanings. Penicilin is a drug, so is crystal meth, as is ayahuasca.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

benzyme
#9 Posted : 9/12/2008 3:46:17 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

"just another drug" is a description of a typical euphoriant, imo.
psychedelics are more of an [intangible] experience.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

fredyjenkins
#10 Posted : 9/14/2008 8:51:50 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Well, to me it's just another drug in the sense that mushrooms can be just as intense and spiritual than dmt can be.

It's just another tryptamine. A different perspective on the psychedelic experience.