We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
OG Kush Options

quasimoto
#1 Posted : 11/10/2010 7:23:54 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Has anybody tried what they're pretty sure is the REAL OG Kush? Is it really the best pot available? Is it a real Kush, or is it really mostly sativa? I've read that it was available only as clones (not seeds), but recently I see ads on the net that it's available not only as seeds, but as FEMINIZED seeds. Has anyone grown these, and were they everything they were supposed to be? What vender do you recommend for these seeds? And in this day and age (post 9/11), can you still get seeds reliably shipped to the U.S.?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Ellis D'Empty
#2 Posted : 11/10/2010 7:40:10 PM

Snirfneblin

I've smoked real OG, it's... eh its like every other "bud" out there that known well. Personally my favorite bud is Kacey Jones, or Grape Rhomulan. The KC is awesome, and the GR just tastes so damn good. But, they are cross-breeds from a grower....

Also, good luck getting true OG outside of Cali.

But weed is weed, and it all will have the same effects, anything else is a placebo IMO/IME.

You can still get seeds shipped to the US as far as I know.
01:13:08 ‹Ellis DEmpty› I met the people living in my head... I disturbed them while they were sitting down at the table.... They were as shocked as I was!

We were born too soon to explore the cosmos, and to late to explore the earth. Our frontier is the human mind; religion is the ocean we must cross.

Recycled_Solvent
#3 Posted : 11/10/2010 11:47:45 PM

James

Wrong board.

Also, yes, OG Kush, Master Kush, and all the other OG crosses e.g ogxpurplekush.

It's the same bud. Best pot out there is for sure acapulco gold, I know it's supposed to be extinct, that or the blue dragon.

Or, orange sunshine.

same thing.
"There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."

gratefulfloyd
#4 Posted : 11/11/2010 2:14:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

OG is pretty damn good, but different strains are good for different things, at the end of the day I like headbands (OG x Sour Diesel) but I also like strong sativas like Durban Poison or any Haze strain. OG really isnt the best of the best but it is pretty damn good if you get the real stuff from CA.

WSaged
#5 Posted : 11/11/2010 3:53:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Recycled_Solvent wrote:

Or, orange sunshine.

^That is a remarkably pure "brand" of LSD from the Haight-Ashbury area, back in the 60's.....It was certainly stronger than most pot!!

And if you can find any today you are a lucky, lucky man!!

Wink
WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ellis D'Empty
#6 Posted : 11/11/2010 5:51:21 AM

Snirfneblin

WSaged wrote:
Recycled_Solvent wrote:

Or, orange sunshine.

^That is a remarkably pure "brand" of LSD from the Haight-Ashbury area, back in the 60's.....It was certainly stronger than most pot!!

And if you can find any today you are a lucky, lucky man!!

Wink
WS

Pleased Just had to quote this because I just read this:

Quote:
LSD today is a much lower dose (20 micrograms versus zoo-plus) than the high-test stuff Augustus Owsley Stanley III sold as "orange sunshine" in the Sixties; more of a party high than an eight-hour trip. "Triple set - LSD that is reworked three times to increase purity - it's not found as often,"

xD
01:13:08 ‹Ellis DEmpty› I met the people living in my head... I disturbed them while they were sitting down at the table.... They were as shocked as I was!

We were born too soon to explore the cosmos, and to late to explore the earth. Our frontier is the human mind; religion is the ocean we must cross.

DiMiTriX
#7 Posted : 11/11/2010 10:28:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

swim thinks OG kush from 'the cali connection' is the best strain of OG in seeds form,but it's veery expensive.. Confused
Tz'is aná

Magicman
#8 Posted : 11/11/2010 10:29:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thats funny , I live 600 kilometers away from Durban , and never have i found Durban poison! haha, so lucky you.Are swazi and swazi gold known internationally? I do think that there is a difference between diff types, but nothing more than two types of weed in my eyes ones closer to pychedelic , and ones closer to sedatives. anything past that is minuscule IMO. Say what you will about sativa and indica , maybe thats were the differnce comes from. but then again apparently the differnce has disappeared over the years.

ifoundwaldo
#9 Posted : 11/11/2010 9:36:25 PM
DMT-Nexus member

OG Kush is very nice. Very distinctive smell and taste (like all good kushes). Very little required to get stoned- even with a nice tolerance.

Is it the BEST kind of pot? Not really. People have crossed OG Kush with other strains, and there are a couple other comparable strains.

unansweredquestions
#10 Posted : 11/13/2010 3:54:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

its all about amnesia haze, white rhino and LA confidential. love a good stone you on your ass high.

DMTripper
#11 Posted : 11/13/2010 7:54:40 PM

John Murdoch IV

Kevyn The Khem wrote:

But weed is weed, and it all will have the same effects, anything else is a placebo IMO/IME.

???

Well that's very far from my experience. I can get effects so different that it's like different drugs. And believe me it's not placebo.
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

quasimoto
#12 Posted : 11/13/2010 8:43:37 PM
DMT-Nexus member

There's probably no single most-correct answer here, but can anyone recommend the very most potent cannabis, overall as well as for sativa or mostly sativa? Swim’s only secondarily concerned with yield or aesthetics. Thanks.

hyperspacing
#13 Posted : 11/13/2010 9:07:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I know a grower who specializes in OG, to me it has 1 of the best types of high(and I love the taste). This is all opinion though. The type of high I like could be completely diffrent from the type you like. Therefore you can't say "this strain is better than that one." Its all opinion, its like saying the color blue is better than the color red. . . .
-Close your eyes, See the light, and feel the sunshine in the shade

~All views, ideas and opinions of this user are strictly fictional and in no way represent an act done in reality.

unansweredquestions
#14 Posted : 11/14/2010 6:34:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

quasimoto wrote:
There's probably no single most-correct answer here, but can anyone recommend the very most potent cannabis, overall as well as for sativa or mostly sativa? Swim’s only secondarily concerned with yield or aesthetics. Thanks.

i think with ganj, its a combination of the strain and growing. the strain itself has the potential within it, the type of high through the phenotype (could be wrong on that one?). but yeah, its more of a combination of the two. a well proven potent strain coupled with optimum growing conditions make for the potency.

Ellis D'Empty
#15 Posted : 11/14/2010 7:25:15 PM

Snirfneblin

When your growing it indoors, have a fan blowing on it, take of the getting dead leaves, dont give it all the light it needs... the more you "hurt" your plant, the more it'll help, provided you dont kill it. It will take longer to grow, but because of all the "hurt" it sustains, it will be a strong pant, and produce very strong Smile

This is all what a little birdie has told me of course Pleased

DiMiTriX
#16 Posted : 11/14/2010 9:11:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

banana OG clone,pre '98 bubba kush,sour diesel mmmh sour diesel guys,very heady effects
Tz'is aná

nn-DreemMasterTree
#17 Posted : 11/15/2010 6:36:11 AM

samsara

SUPER LEMON HAZEVery happy Very happy LIGHT OF JAHVery happy Laughing PURPLE WIDDOWCool

"Pay attention. And keep breathing." Terence McKenna

gratefulfloyd
#18 Posted : 11/17/2010 7:09:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I do love Lemon Thai as well....tastes like lemons, smells like pine sol.

quasimoto
#19 Posted : 11/24/2010 8:37:59 PM
DMT-Nexus member

There are claims online that Manahuska (sp?) ThunderFuck is 24% THC, and White Russian and some other variety are in the 13% to 18% range. Can this be true? Where can one find reliable figures for THC content for different varities?

DiMiTriX
#20 Posted : 11/24/2010 10:01:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

check greenhouse site..seems they did some analisys by specrometry,but dunno if it's all hype,it could be
Tz'is aná