We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Possible DMT-Related Seizures? Options

Irwin
#1 Posted : 11/22/2010 6:14:20 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I am new to this forum but certainly not to spice or to psychedelics in general, and about a year ago SWIM had a very odd and unpleasant experience with smoked DMT that will almost certainly remain his only one, and I wonder if there is some reason for it or anyone with a similar experience?

After one of my first extractions of DMT I was with about 10 people who all wanted to try. Most were experienced psychonauts at least to a degree, but one in particular, lets call him KG, had never tripped in any way up to this point. After weighing out doses in the 40-50 mg range for everyone but KG (and they all enjoyed immensely apart from some normal nausea), I was left with about 75 mg. I had already smoked my dose for the day and felt no need for another, so I explained that I was just going to give KG 1.5 doses and that I had taken similarly large doses multiple times and asked if that was ok. Of course, he said it was fine and proceeded to take the 2 biggest bong rips of spice sandwiched between parsley that I had ever seen, clearing the bowl completely.

KG immediately appeared to break through, and everything went well until a few minutes later when he started to seize, which was immediately followed by him foaming at the mouth and coughing up some white sputum for several minutes. His eyes were closed but at one point I lifted his eyelid and saw that his pupils were COMPLETELY dilated. About 10 minutes after the bowl, be woke up but appeared completely dazed and was unresponsive to our questions. He repeatedly asked where he was and what happened but seemed fully recovered within an hour.

Of course my spice was clearly not of the best quality and pureness but it did was uniform at least in appearance and I noticed no significant difference over the five or ten times I tripped off the batch, and none of the dozens of other people who also took the same spice reacted in the same way. Also, what he remembers of coming to afterwards sounds a lot like coming out of a REALLY deep K-hole - he completely forgot about everything that existed outside of my house, and as he woke up he slowly rememered about the outside world and was amazed at all the crazy shit that exists out there.

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT HAPPENED???

"...Consciousness is expanded by derangement of the senses" - Allen Ginsberg

"Hey, why did the elves make this spaceship a stckshift?" - Soyman

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

dream_denizen
#2 Posted : 11/22/2010 7:23:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sounds to me like he had a seizure. I have a friend with epilepsy and he had a seizure once when we were hanging out. After it was all over he couldn't remember a thing, it took several hours for him to formulate his thoughts. Maybe your friend has a mild form of epilepsy that he never knew about, most doctors will not recommend psychedelics to patients with epilepsy.

Lunaria
#3 Posted : 11/22/2010 7:29:06 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Well, I can't give too much insight on the detailed reasoning behind it, but the first three things that would come to my mind are, maybe he's predisposed to seizures, did you extract from something with 5-MeO-DMT in it? (I've heard of this happening on high doses of 5-MeO before, rarely but more than n,n-DMT), and was he taking lithium? (known for causing extremely intense trips and dissociative fugues when mixed with psychedelics)

Swarupa
#4 Posted : 11/22/2010 10:07:49 PM
DMT-Nexus member

dream_denizen wrote:
Sounds to me like he had a seizure. I have a friend with epilepsy and he had a seizure once when we were hanging out. After it was all over he couldn't remember a thing, it took several hours for him to formulate his thoughts. Maybe your friend has a mild form of epilepsy that he never knew about, most doctors will not recommend psychedelics to patients with epilepsy.

My friend also had epilepsy & it was easily triggered by MDMA/mushrooms/strong cannabis.

After years of stopping MDMA, (which actually first triggered his epilepsy) he started taking it again & soon after one night had a seizure he never woke up from...he was one of the best mates i've ever had

Im not trying to scare anyone or anything, im just suggesting that if you have epilepsy i wouldn't mess with anything even related to psychedelics, including strong cannabis.

dream_denizen
#5 Posted : 11/24/2010 6:43:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chronic wrote:
dream_denizen wrote:

My friend also had epilepsy & it was easily triggered by MDMA/mushrooms/strong cannabis.

After years of stopping MDMA, (which actually first triggered his epilepsy) he started taking it again & soon after one night had a seizure he never woke up from...he was one of the best mates i've ever had

Im not trying to scare anyone or anything, im just suggesting that if you have epilepsy i wouldn't mess with anything even related to psychedelics, including strong cannabis.

I'm sorry to hear that. We do need to be careful with ourselves. Some of us have brain chemistry that simply does not agree with psychedelics, or any drugs for that matter.

corpus callosum
#6 Posted : 11/24/2010 7:55:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

Couple of questions:

How much of the 75mg did your friend consume?

How was his breathing before his limbs began to shake?

Was he coughing as you and I understand coughing to mean?

Did he change colour or make guttaral noises?

Was his whole body shaking or just 1 limb/1 side of his body?

Did he go rigid briefly before shaking?

Did he bite his tongue or piss himself?

Did he feel like sleeping afterwards?
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.