We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Question regarding the pull and multiple jars?! Options

Inkling63
#1 Posted : 11/20/2010 5:21:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

while doing the various pulls of say lazymans tek is there any importance in using multiple jars for each pull?

pull - put it in the jar - put it in the freezer. (and repeat)

swim is planning to pull the naptha, put it in a big jar and keep adding to it, then once its all been done pour that into a large glass bowl, seal it and then freeze that one. can anyone see any problem with this?

separate query :

is it possible to boil the mhrb down in plain water (without viniger or acid) and then go straight to base? do you think this would help to get a better yield?

surely this would help break down the root even more, hence more dmt?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

SHroomtroll
#2 Posted : 11/20/2010 5:51:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I always combine my pulls evap +50% and then freeze it, works like a charm...

For the other question ive heard people having problems when mixing water + mimosa and then lye, i think it´s better to mix the lye solution and just put the powdered bark in like it says in the teks...

If you wan´t better yield do A+b boiling the vinegar mimosa water for a while and filter out the mimosa.

then basify with lye.

Inkling63
#3 Posted : 11/20/2010 6:19:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I always combine my pulls evap +50% and then freeze it

^ could you explain this a little more please?

ahh infact, so your saying, combine all the pulls together, then evaporate half of the naptha and freeze the remaining? when you evaporate do you use a fan? just leave it buy a window? i used lighter fluid.

nice one for the quick reply btw!
ta

dmt005
#4 Posted : 11/20/2010 6:32:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

All of SWIMS pulls have been added together and then she evaps to about 50% or even to 1/3 of the original volume and then freeze precips.

She has been reading alot around that freezing MHRB can help break the cells down and thus helps to increase yields.

endlessness
#5 Posted : 11/20/2010 8:44:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The advantage of keeping in separate jars is because usually different pulls will result in different ratios of dmt and impurities.. Often it can happen that the later pulls are much more yellow, so people freeze separately because they can already have separated part of the yellow/white stuff. Disadvantage is having to use all these jars and then having problem scraping most of the dmt out of the jars (but then one can just use alcohol/acetone to pick it up and evap in a better container).

But you might not care for this if you dont feel that yellow is bad in the first place, or if you recrystalize. If you keep it all together, there is one advantage which is that with all the crystals precipitating together, its a much nicer sight, and easier to scrape Smile

Do as you please, it will be fine either way.

But yeah the recommendation of preevaporating naphtha before freezing can be a good one. Check the FAQ about size of pulls and pre-evaporation.

Regarding freezing MHRB to break down cells and increase yields, I think so far its just conjectures, speculation. Not that it isnt true, but I would like to see a side-by-side test before reaching conclusions. With pre-powdered mimosa I suspect it would make very little if any difference, but would be interesting if someone tested and proved me wrong Smile

SHroomtroll
#6 Posted : 11/20/2010 8:56:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Good point endlessness, my extractions so far have been so small so i havent bothered cleaning my crystals yet, but next time i will probably do a pound of mimosa and then i will be more careful about stuff like that.

Inkling63
#7 Posted : 11/21/2010 5:58:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

cool, cheers for the replies.

so im pooling it all into one jar and then the plan is to put it in a bowl to freeze as it will be easier to scrape.

while transferring it would you recommend heating the naptha so no dmt is left in the jar?

also, i'm hearing mixed views about the evaporation

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=13975
but also this
If you want to increase your yield significantly, reduce the amount of solvent you have. You can do this by mixing all your jars together in a shallow dish with a fan blowing across it. After a few hours crystals should start to form on the sides. Keep scraping them off and stirring them back in. When they stop redissolving, add small amounts of solvent back little by little until they do, then stick it back in a container in the freezer.

?