We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Reducing acidic liquid and DMT solubility/stability Options

mumbles
#1 Posted : 12/2/2009 5:28:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

During his last adventure swim noticed a skin forming on the top of the HCl acidified liquid as it was being reduced from 4L to 0.5L and also noticed small hard specks on the bottom of the stockpot. Now the specks could have been plant material but the skin got him thinking what is the solubility of DMT.hcl (and the other salts is anyone has the info) in water? Another question that arose is will reducing in such a manner (not boiling) reduce yields. It is much more efficient and practical to extract with 3x 125mls naptha from 500mls based liquid than it is 4L but will this extra heating and reduction in volume damage yields or do the damage of the heat and reduced efficiency of the larger volume pretty much equal up?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

smokeydaze
#2 Posted : 12/10/2009 4:33:46 AM

Dragunov Mylshka Teapot

I've also noticed the film and thats an interesting question.

In regards to the heat though, The DMT Handbook mentions that there is no difference in yield when boiled hard or light.
SMOKE MORE DMT, SMOKE MORE DMT NOW

Heretic
#3 Posted : 12/10/2009 11:31:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

swim just did a hard boil and his pulls were noticeably more yellow. Not hard to rex to white but still a loss in total yield of white snowflakes Sad.

swim even defatted with xylene and naptha!
When Injustice Becomes Law, Rebellion Becomes Duty

Shaolin
#4 Posted : 11/17/2010 1:58:57 PM

Stiletto Stoner

So SWImumbles, a year passed. Is there any yield decrease in such (8x) downsizing ? I see others down go further than 3x but practical is indeed practical.
Got GVG ? Mhm. Got DMT ?

Pandora wrote:
Nexus enjoys cutting edge and ongoing superior programming skills of the owner of this site (The Traveler), including recent switching to the .me domain name.

I'm still, I'm still Jenny from the block

Simon Jester wrote:
"WTF n00b, buy the $100 vapor pipe or GTFO"

Ignorance of the law does not protect you from prosecution

mumbles
#5 Posted : 11/19/2010 4:13:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Haha blast from the past. Swim tends to use a lot of water for boils just to be sure, now spice salts are pretty soluble in water so liquid reduced to 1L for 1kg of bark isn't out of the question. If anything it will increase the yield because the liquid:liquid solvent extraction of the baseified solution will be that much more effective with the smaller volume.

Shaolin
#6 Posted : 11/20/2010 12:56:58 PM

Stiletto Stoner

So basically 10 volume downsize reductions don't any have downsizes. 2l boil one, 1l boil two, 1l boil three and reduction to 500ml. Awesome.
Got GVG ? Mhm. Got DMT ?

Pandora wrote:
Nexus enjoys cutting edge and ongoing superior programming skills of the owner of this site (The Traveler), including recent switching to the .me domain name.

I'm still, I'm still Jenny from the block

Simon Jester wrote:
"WTF n00b, buy the $100 vapor pipe or GTFO"

Ignorance of the law does not protect you from prosecution