We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Are humans the only capable living thing on earth, able to use entheogens? Options

blast_off_tramp
#1 Posted : 10/21/2010 3:35:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Are there any animals that can consume psychoactive or entheogenic substances?
Hemp is the key to our survival

Build Community to Create Harmony

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

hyperspacing
#2 Posted : 10/21/2010 3:44:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've seen some burnout cats recovering from catnip addiction Very happy
-Close your eyes, See the light, and feel the sunshine in the shade

~All views, ideas and opinions of this user are strictly fictional and in no way represent an act done in reality.

ouro
#3 Posted : 10/21/2010 5:56:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've read that guerrillas and boars both eat iboga roots. Plenty of animals get drunk on overripe fruit too. There is a video of a jaguar eating a caapi vine as well. Come to think of it, dog probably eat dmt grass all the time... and grazing animals will accidentally eat lsa/dmt containing plants from time to time, even though the plants are often poisonous to them. Since it's difficult to understand how another animal experiences the world in the first place, its really difficult to say how these plants effect them... I mean saying that a cat has a spiritual journey is projecting quite a few human qualities onto the cat.

camdemonium
#4 Posted : 10/21/2010 7:28:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

http://www.viddler.com/explore/ayadoc/videos/6/

Absolutely my friend, all animals love DRUGS Laughing
Om Mani Padme Hum

ms_manic_minxx
#5 Posted : 10/21/2010 8:44:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Koalas sleep in acacia trees and eat the leaves... (they also have two thumbs!)
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

actualfactual
#6 Posted : 10/21/2010 8:53:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Infinite I
#7 Posted : 10/23/2010 12:32:43 PM

JC

I seen a program about monkeys who would steal tourists alcohol, some would drink loads some a little and some not at all, same as humans. My friends cat loves catnip

benzyme
#8 Posted : 10/23/2010 1:41:45 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

animals may consume entheogens on accident, or instinctually; and mammals have similar
CNS's

but humans are the only eukaryotes with a PFC
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

imPsimon
#9 Posted : 10/23/2010 1:50:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Infinite I wrote:
I seen a program about monkeys who would steal tourists alcohol, some would drink loads some a little and some not at all, same as humans. My friends cat loves catnip

Buster
#10 Posted : 10/23/2010 8:33:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

found this http://www.mushroomjohn.org/sheepshrooms1.htm

Page 43.

SHEEP EAT LSD AND GO BONKERS!

Sheep are tripping like Woodstock hippies thanks to a crop of hallucinogenic mushrooms that sprouted on islands off the coast of Scotland.

Authorities say the animals can't resist the mushrooms, which contain a natural type of LSD and cause them to hallucinate for hours.

According to reports, the sheep:

*Stumble and fall like drunks.

*Run in terror from imaginary predators.

*Wander into roads and refuse to move, even for speeding traffic.

*Have lost all interest in sex.

Walk sideways and backwards, bleating crazily.

*Won't eat anything but mushrooms even though they have no nutritional value and taste like old leather.

The sheep even let other barnyard animals like chickens, roost on their backs without flinching.

"They're wrecked," Dr. Phillip Johnston of the North of Scotland Agriculture College, told reporters.

I have never seen sheep behave like this/ They're litterally out of their minds.

"But as long as the mushrooms are growing, the sheep are going to eat them. They must like the way they feel when they're tripping.

"They act crazy -- but they look like they're having a good time."

Shepherds alerted authorities after their herds began to behave strangely in August.

Animal experts traced the problems to the mushrooms, which grow wild and in great numbers in the Shetland Islands when weather conditions are right.

"In a few more weeks the mushrooms will be gone and the sheep will return to normal," said Dr. Johnston. "In the meantime, the shephers are going to have to keep a close eye on their flocks.

"As long as they're under the influence of drugs, they're in danger of hurting themselves."

Laughing

I'm the one that's got to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.

mumbles
#11 Posted : 11/15/2010 12:42:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I can't see any other creatures having religion or a god can you? So no. A koala getting intoxicated isn't exactly the same thing.

DiMiTriX
#12 Posted : 11/15/2010 8:31:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

entheogens exists only for humans,there're animals that eat theese substances to get high but theese are just hallucinogen to them,nothing about god i think Wink
Tz'is aná

DoingKermit
#13 Posted : 11/15/2010 2:23:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I remember reading something about elephants eating mushrooms to help them work more efficiently. I am sure there is a book on this subject... found it:

zubidlo
#14 Posted : 11/15/2010 2:56:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Animals do entheogens and it has nothing to do with a religion. Jaguar fucked up the hunt, but he found yage wine. Because he is already fasting he goes for a trip.Very happy I do entheogens for same reason I guess.

Regards.
'Life is an illusion designed to keep your mind occupied while you are digested by God.'