We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV45678NEXT»
What scale do you use? Options

69ron
#101 Posted : 3/27/2010 7:43:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If you can find the ProScale Precision-10 available anywhere GET IT! You'll be very glad you did. It's apparently not made anymore, so there is no new stock anywhere. I looked and ended up getting the inferior American Weigh DIA-10. I thought because it looks exactly the same that it was built the same, but it’s not.

The American Weigh DIA-10 is better than nothing though. The ProScale Precision-10 floats at about +/- 0.001 gram, while the American Weigh DIA-10’s I’ve used float at about +/- 0.003 grams.

The American Weigh Gemini-20 was even worse, it floated at about +/- 0.015 grams! It would float even at 0, endlessly, going up and up and up without touching the damn thing.

Like I said, I think a lot of the American Weigh scales are counterfeit cheap crap. I didn’t buy the scale directly form American Weigh, but from a place called “EZ SALE”. I had to return quite a few before I got one that even worked! So BEWARE of counterfeit cheap crap!
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Steely
#102 Posted : 4/6/2010 12:03:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My scale from the ebay link earlier in this thread (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110492286503&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT ) arrived earlier today. It was very easy to calibrate and although it does seem to hover sometimes from .003 to even as high as .030, resetting it by turning it off and on will clear that up instantly.

Comments posted about the scale state that in some of the orders recieved, even having the scale turned off will drain the batteries. Right now, I do believe that happens (Solely based on the eBay comments), but I'm testing it since I have an abundence of AAA batteries. If it goes out, I'll edit this post, if not, you are good to go.

I do recommend this scale, it took a little over a week to arrive and it is very good quality. The packaging was nice and it comes with a soft cover that you can slip the scale into. It comes with a 10g calibration weight along with a small pan that goes onto the scale to keep your diamonds in place while measuring.

Thanks for the recommendation, SnozzleBerry!

Now, if you have a few pretty pennies to spare, here is a very helpful link to a review of scales that seem to be worth their money:
http://www.digitalscale.com/Precision.htm

I hope this post even helped a tiny, tiny bit.
Do not listen to anything, "Steely" says. He is a made up character that his owner likes to role play with. His owner is very delusional and everything he says is completely untrue and ridiculous.
Hate is the choice of a clouded mind.
-"It takes humility to remember who we are"-
"There has to be evil so that good can prove its purity above it." - Buddha

talking monkey
#103 Posted : 11/13/2010 2:29:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM just received 2 lbs MHRB from a source found here on nexus. Ordered Mon pm was here friday SWIM is very happy with timely service. He plans on using Noman's tek for extraction next weekend. Honestly SWIM is a little nervous but moving forward. Any advice on scales? This guy isnt Bill gates.

shishigami
#104 Posted : 11/13/2010 3:15:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

http://www.amazon.com/Am...id=1289661164&sr=8-1
That's what I have. It's not accurate enough to measure out some RCs (ie when 2 or 3 milligrams matter) but at D doses it seems to be accurate enough.

It also appears to be the same scale as was posted here https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=14266

great_blue
#105 Posted : 9/3/2011 4:52:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello Nexians,

I know I may be beating a dead horse here and I have read many comments and threads regarding scales.. When someone is in need of one, most say to get one for 20-30 on ebay.. Well i knew going that route would produce some undesirable results being that you get what you pay for.. I knew even before buying, that to measure that minute of a quantity would require a quality piece of equipment..

Well anyway, I did in fact get one of those portable american weigh milligram "jewelry" scales.. And yes, it is a piece of crap so to speak.. i'm not able to calibrate it because it only came with a 10g weight. being that the scale measures up to 20g, that means i would need a 20g weight to calibrate..

that aside, when i put the 10g weight on, the scale is off by 15mg, reading 10 and 15mg. seems like a big gap for trying to weigh such an exact amount for a substance i dont wanna mess around with..

i've tried to weigh other things and have come up with this... to put it in perspective, a cannabis seed weighed in at about 7mg.. then a little piece of bud, about twice the size of the seed weighed in at 13mg. so im sure most of you know how big most typical cannabis seeds are.. it terms of size (loosely regarding density) does this sound about right? i want to take 15-20 mg my first time..

ive seen a lot of people asking about how to know how much to use without using a scale, but not anyone responding with any sort of size comparison.. even tho i know there are dif densities.. maybe use a grain of rice for comparison? anyway, can anyone relate?
All posts by great_blue are fictitious in nature and for entertainment purposes only. In no way does the author condone or support illegal activity in any way shape or form, anytime or anywhere. If it's illegal, don't do it!

actualfactual
#106 Posted : 9/3/2011 5:00:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You need to calibrate your scale, it should have came with 2 10 gram weights.

The reason no one ever replies with tips on how to eyeball is because you can't eyeball DMT accurately for the reasons you mentioned, all DMT does not look the same/have the same density.

Try weighing an empty gel cap and seeing how much it weighs on your scale. Open it up and add some DMT. Weigh it again and subtract the original weight it gave you for the gelcap. It probably won't be 100% accurate, but it's the closest you are going to get without calibrating your scale.

Good luck!

Global
#107 Posted : 9/3/2011 5:20:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

I find weighing a playing card, taring it and then putting the DMT on the card works great for weighing on an improperly calibrated scale. Putting it in a gel cap can have issues with it sticking to the gel cap and whatnot. Over time I became comfortable with eyeballing my doses (my doses are usually lower compared to most people - I only load up 10-15mg so "overdoing it" can often be just right Wink ). I have a scale that used to be good, but it sucks now, so it becomes too frustrating to weigh it out, but if you can weigh it accurately, that would be preferable.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

great_blue
#108 Posted : 9/3/2011 5:23:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah but it only came with one :/ i guess i am curious to hear what other people are doing or what their spice amounts actually look like because i havent done it yet nor have i seen anyone do it.. maybe i will just buy another 10g cal weight.. they may have some at a store near me.. thanks for the advice actualfactual.

global, i am going to call and see if they have another weight, if not then your card trick seems like a good idea. thank you for that! and i dont have any gelcaps to try that with. but it seems like you would lose some if it stuck to the sides.. who knows.. thank you both for your help!
All posts by great_blue are fictitious in nature and for entertainment purposes only. In no way does the author condone or support illegal activity in any way shape or form, anytime or anywhere. If it's illegal, don't do it!

MelCat
#109 Posted : 9/3/2011 7:28:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My scale only came with 1 - 10g weight. The calibration directions should have came with it. If they didn't, let me know and I'll post how to calibrate the scale.
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

great_blue
#110 Posted : 9/3/2011 7:57:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

it tells me that the weight value should be the capacity of the scale.. the scales max weight is 20g and they only sent me a 10g weight.. is this your same situation?

MelCat
#111 Posted : 9/3/2011 8:04:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It says the same thing for mine but the 10g weight works just fine. I don't know why it says it needs to be the capacity of the scale.

After you calibrate it, put the 10g weight back on and it should be spot on 10g or pretty close.

actualfactual
#112 Posted : 9/3/2011 10:09:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

http://www.amazon.com/Am...id=1315084027&sr=8-1

This is the one I have that came with the 2 10 gram weights to use to calibrate it.

At first it asks you to put on a single 10 gram weight during calibration, after a couple seconds it asks you to put the other weight on to total 20.000 grams.

If you have this scale you need 2 of the weights to calibrate it.

MelCat
#113 Posted : 9/3/2011 11:12:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That's the same scale I have and I can calibrate it with the one 10g weight.

It's always either dead on or within 1-2mg after calibration.

great_blue
#114 Posted : 9/3/2011 11:41:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah thats the one.. i went to a nearby store because they said they had cal weights but not anything that came close to what i needed.. i planned on blasting off tonight so i will just use the 10g weight to calibrate.. ill probably end up ordering another 10g weight tho.. Thanks for all your help! safe travels..

DimensionlessBeing
#115 Posted : 9/4/2011 11:48:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have the same scale and found that a coke spoon holds roughly 20mg to 25mg

DimensionlessBeing
#116 Posted : 9/6/2011 1:02:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DimensionlessBeing wrote:
I have the same scale and found that a coke spoon holds roughly 20mg to 25mg

Actually I bought a set of measuring spoons with measurements that include "pinch", "dab" and "drop". The "drop" measuring spoon is slightly bigger than a coke spoon and olds roughly 20mg.

obliguhl
#117 Posted : 9/6/2011 1:20:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I got the asian version of that scale (called "diamond scale"Pleased i think, not the american weight brand. I just tested it and it is 2.6mg off per 1g. I think that is very acceptable for DMT (read: for DMT!).

I would not worry too much. A rough measure is pretty acceptable if yu take into account , that "dosage" is only 1 part in the spice equation.

Kobranek
#118 Posted : 2/10/2012 3:34:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My GPR-20 has been holding strong..... Only drawback is it turns off pretty fast....within thirty seconds or so

relent
#119 Posted : 6/20/2012 4:07:01 PM

Prince of Nothing

Good evening, all.

A few questions about equipment, namely for measurements.
A friend of mine is an aspiring culinary student in need of a scale relatively accurate to 0.01g or ideally 0.001g, for spices. He's found a great deal of difficulty in finding suitable equipment locally, though he has not ventured very far into nutritional supplement stores("vitamin scales", perhaps?).

His questions relayed are thus:
-Is there any legality/suspicion in purchasing such an accurate scale, for legal purposes? Is there any reason to not purchase online? (Flagged, etc)
-Other than jewelers and possibly nutrition supplement stores, where else might he find a scale other than lab/chem hobby shops? (There aren't any locally).
-Are there specifications to watch out for, or are certain types better/more economical than others? eg. Analog v. digital.
-Are there any specific models others have found to be particularly reliable, well priced, or which should be avoided?

Insofar as specific sources, PMs are welcome if one would rather not post them here.

Thanks,
R
The above post is purely fictitious. It in no way represents the views or actions of any persons, living or dead, and should be regarded with as much validity as newspaper horoscopes, fortune cookies, morning talk shows, or stock futures.
My cat is very interested in acquiring living P. viridis leaves and S. divinorum cuttings on the Eastern side of the Pond. Other cats are welcome to PM with suggestions!

Vodsel
#120 Posted : 6/20/2012 4:25:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Filmmaking and Storytelling, Video and Audio Technology, Teaching, Gardening, Languages (Proficient Spanish, Catalan and English, and some french, italian and russian), Seafood cuisine

I purchased one through an online seller. There are many uses for a milligram scale, I highly doubt you would get flagged for buying one, unless the US are becoming an orwellian nightmare, and even then...

I just would steer clear of cheap chinese ebay scales. Chinese imported gadgets can be affordable and generally they will work, but such a precision instrument can be rendered useless by simple transportation hazards unless it's very well wrapped, and also customs might bug you for extra money... the price difference I saw here was small, around 19 euros for a chinese scale, shipping included, or 25 for a scale purchased from a local online seller.

I doubt you can find anyone who received a warrant after buying a precision scale.

«PREV45678NEXT»