We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
How long to wait between taking harmalas and spice. Options

alzabo
#1 Posted : 11/1/2010 7:53:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

How long do you wait after taking harmalas (or other RIMAs) before taking the spice?
This applies to all forms of oral aministration, inculding aya-esque brews and friends.

In the past I've waited about 45sec between drinking the syrian rue tea and the mimosa tea. A very powerful experience did ensue but perhaps it would have been more efficient to wait 15min in order to let the harmalas completely clear a path from my stomache to my brain.
Perhaps 15min would have been too long and the harmalas would have moved out of my stomach, letting my body release fresh MAOs, therby diminishing the experience.

I am also intrigued by the ninja spice method; to quote jorkest:

Jorkest wrote:
..SWIM always mixes the harmalas with the dmt..he figures that while the harmalas are causing all sorts of excitement with the maoi's the dmt can slip through like little ninjas...he calls this technique...ninja spice...

What is the most effective time to wait between taking these substances?
Does it vary significantly from person to person?
These aren't the droids you're looking for.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

SnozzleBerry
#2 Posted : 11/1/2010 7:55:11 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

I don't wait at all...traditional brews don't either.
Wiki โ€ข Attitude โ€ข FAQ
The Nexian โ€ข Nexus Research โ€ข The OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
ื’ื ื–ื” ื™ืขื‘ื•ืจ

soulfood
#3 Posted : 11/1/2010 8:01:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

For some reason when I first started trials with this combo I had to take them seperately by around 30 minutes or there would be no DMT effect and just the harmala glow. Since then I've changed my diet a fair bit and now it only works when I take them together... and DAMN does it work!

I used to take 150mg harmaline with 50mg DMT 30 minutes apart for a moderate experience that lasted around 2 hours. Even when the DMT dose was doubled there was no increase in length of the trip, just the intensity of the peak.

Just recently I've found I can now take them together and have been using 120mg harmaline with 100mg DMT and have had some very glowing 5 hour experiences.

mumbles
#4 Posted : 11/11/2010 9:11:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Take it all at once.

fraterS.O.L.
#5 Posted : 11/12/2010 12:07:02 AM

Bill Nye

Hmm... I usually take the spice 5-10mins after the MAOI's. Never took pharma together, but the times I tried aya all at once it failed. Maybe next time I will try. Do you guys just mix it all in one cup of juice or in two glasses and just drink 'em back to back? My pharma experiences nearly never last over 2-3hrs tops so if taking em all at once will extend that its worth a shot or 7 Very happy
"Then he looked right through me
With somniferous almond eyes
Don't even know what that means
Must remember to write it down,
This is so real
Like the time Dave floated away
See my heart is pounding
'Cause this **** never happens to me!"
Tool - Rosetta Stoned

ANYTHING I POST ONLY TOOK PLACE IN REALMS OF PURE IDEA AND THOUGHT, ANY PICTURES I POST ARE STRAIGHT FROM GOOGLE IMAGES. ANY AND ALL PROCESSES I CLAIM TO CARRY OUT HAVE NOT ACTUALLY OCCURRED IN PHYSICAL REALITY, AND THEREFORE VIOLATE NO PHYSICAL LAW. WHEN SUCH THINGS ARE BANNED FROM THOUGHT I WILL CEASE TO CARRY THEM OUT EVEN IN THE ETHER.

amor_fati
#6 Posted : 11/12/2010 5:25:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

From SWIM's experience, the harmaloids should be right with the spice. He typically takes harmaloids sublingually not more than a minute prior to dosing with spice. When he used to use oral pharma, taking it all in one shot gave the best results.

obliguhl
#7 Posted : 11/12/2010 8:36:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
This applies to all forms of oral aministration, inculding aya-esque brews and friends.

I tend to think that there IS a difference. Traditionally, its taken at once. So this is what i did...i drank the ayahuasca with my fumarate capsules. This resulted in a very short experience of propably less than an hour. Now i wait at least 30 minutes. This way it seems to last at least 3 hours.

Perhaps, with a chacruna or mimosa tea, it takes longer to digest the dmt, so there is some kind of natural buffer, allowing the caapi to take hold first.

alzabo
#8 Posted : 11/12/2010 4:15:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Great info so far.
I realized a lot of this info has been discussed in other threads but I think it is really useful to have a dedicated place for it.

soulfood wrote:

Since then I've changed my diet a fair bit and now it only works when I take them together... and DAMN does it work!

Can you comment on what dietary changes you made?

obliguhl wrote:

Perhaps, with a chacruna or mimosa tea, it takes longer to digest the dmt, so there is some kind of natural buffer, allowing the caapi to take hold first.

Interesting.
I have a null hypothesis.
Perhaps it's the caapi that holds onto the alkaloids and the stomache needs to digest them first.
These aren't the droids you're looking for.

obliguhl
#9 Posted : 11/12/2010 5:41:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, that's what i'm thinking. On the one hand side you have a crude harmala extract (caapi brew) and on the other hand side the pure DMT alkaloid. Maybe I'm talking complete bullshit though...Laughing

Quote:
Since then I've changed my diet a fair bit and now it only works when I take them together... and DAMN does it work!

Perhaps your diet helped to increase stomach efficiency to a degree, where its now possible to digest caapi tea as fast as pure dmt....

..just rapping on the digestion theory