We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Will spice BURN at 100 °C ?? Options

Eranik
#1 Posted : 11/11/2010 3:15:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM is thinking about designing an improvised vaporizing device, that uses water somewhere to keep and control the temperature at 100 °C. The question is does spice burn/destroy at this temp?

SWIM thinks about sharing it with the community if all goes nice and well done.
Disclaimer: All of these posts are of a fictitious nature only. Their author is known to be a pathological attention-seeking ADHD liar and he/she should NOT be taken seriously in any way. Do not trust anything he/she says because it is simply untrue.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

The Traveler
#2 Posted : 11/11/2010 3:58:35 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Eranik wrote:
SWIM is thinking about designing an improvised vaporizing device, that uses water somewhere to keep and control the temperature at 100 °C. The question is does spice burn/destroy at this temp?

DMT freebase doesn't burn nor boil at that temperature so an evaporator at a water cooking temperature probably won't happen (for the geeks: at normal pressure).
Check out this page for some nice numbers (though it still lacks the DMT boiling point).

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Eranik
#3 Posted : 11/11/2010 4:06:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM feels oopsy, she was mistaking the melting point for boiling point...

Well SWIM thinks still there's hope with replacing water with oil
Disclaimer: All of these posts are of a fictitious nature only. Their author is known to be a pathological attention-seeking ADHD liar and he/she should NOT be taken seriously in any way. Do not trust anything he/she says because it is simply untrue.

Trickster
#4 Posted : 11/11/2010 4:07:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

Eranik wrote:

I tested the idea. The spice would not even vaporise at this temp - at least not fast enough. I used a sealed test tube with two thin tubes for inhalation.

To vaporise the spice efficiently you need to raise its temp quickly to ~ 400C - 500C. You need to vaporise the whole amount in seconds and inhale it in 1-3 tokes.
Do not seek the truth, just drop your opinions.

Eranik
#5 Posted : 11/11/2010 4:23:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Trickster wrote:
Eranik wrote:

I tested the idea. The spice would not even vaporise at this temp - at least not fast enough. I used a sealed test tube with two thin tubes for inhalation.

To vaporise the spice efficiently you need to raise its temp quickly to ~ 400C - 500C. You need to vaporise the whole amount in seconds and inhale it in 1-3 tokes.

What happens to the spice vapors if someone don't inhale them? like evaping the spice slowly and saving the vapors in a chamber, then inhaling them all at once (in 3 tokes). does the vapors waiting in the chamber/hall degrade/condense?

The Traveler
#6 Posted : 11/11/2010 4:31:28 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Eranik wrote:
Trickster wrote:
Eranik wrote:

What happens to the spice vapors if someone don't inhale them? like evaping the spice slowly and saving the vapors in a chamber, then inhaling them all at once (in 3 tokes). does the vapors waiting in the chamber/hall degrade/condense?

It will condense fairly quickly yes. Especially when the walls of the chamber are cold and able to disperse heat fast (like glass for example). My GVG has some nice crystals growing in the stem and thats only a few inches away from the heat source (though the GVG is meant to cool down the smoke!).

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Trickster
#7 Posted : 11/11/2010 5:39:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

Still, I think the idea is not completely worthless.

Out of curiosity I would suggest a rather more rigorous experiment. Maybe sometime I will run it myself.

I understand that in a closed vessel at a certain temp all spice will turn into vapor. If the vessel walls are kept at the same high constant temp the spice will stay in gaseous state for a long time. Thus the experimenter will be able to inhale it at the lowest possible temp. At the same time condensation will be insignificant.

Not only water baths but even oil baths may prove insufficient, so the idea would be to drill a hole in a block of aluminum wide enough to accomodate a test tube and deep enough to cover 2/3 of the tube. Another hole will be made to insert a thermometer. Heat source is not that important but it should be easily controlled. Such an experiment will resolve the issue of optimal spice vapor temp once and for all.

Do not seek the truth, just drop your opinions.