We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Using Art to further explore Hyperspace.... Options

quantagy
#1 Posted : 11/9/2010 5:29:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm curious to hear others' thoughts on this:

Since my first DMT trip this past summer my long-dormant creativity has resurfaced, and I'm making art each day (I hope to post some of it here soon!). Obviously so much of my imagery is derived from my trips, but I've been pleasently surprised to find that every so often I will look at something I've drawn and realized that it was an image encountered in hyperspace that I'd forgotten. This only happens when my mind is utterly silent and my hand is moving across the paper on it's own. I guess it makes perfect sense that art would have such an avenue to this part of our consciousness, though it never seems to amaze and delight me.

Anyone else with this experience? Or other mediums through which encounters and/or impressions from Hyperspace have manifested?
"We're all in this together, by ourselves." --Lily Tomlin

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

EquaL Observer
#2 Posted : 11/9/2010 7:41:53 PM

Ross

I'm glad to hear someone else has experienced this. I smoked salvia for the first time around my 16th birthday. I always thought about, tried to explain it and blabbed to people about it. One day I smoked some weed and put pen to paper seemingly without reason (I never draw) and before I knew it I was looking at a perfect symbol for the many things which happened in my trip. I was also amazed at how the unconscious can manifest itself like that. I'd really love to get into art.. I've been thinking of making a film in which psychedelic visuals are part of daily life in some utopia. I mean, I've never seen a realistic, HD portrayal of visuals. It would be good if someone could show the world what a trip is really like as so many people still think you see dinosaurs running about your house etc..
Your depth is your integrity

Steely
#3 Posted : 11/9/2010 11:04:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Maybe one day when we are able to record dreams, we can use the same system in place to record our DMT trips.

How beautiful will it truly be to see it from this reality? But do we really want to demystify the beauty of each especially unique experience merely to show others what they are missing? I think in that case, I would rather people not gather expectations for it, especially if they were to later take DMT themselves.

Maybe there are reasons as to why we should leave some mysteries be.

I would much rather see peoples interpretations of hyperspace through their art, not because it's seemingly impossible to bring the glorious setting of it to this reality, but because I would rather see what we have all learned from each vastly unique mysterious experience.

Now that I'm done rambling; something more on topic!

I would love to see your art when it's ready to be posted Smile

I don't paint very well, but I do bring my experiences with Spice into the music I compose.
Do not listen to anything, "Steely" says. He is a made up character that his owner likes to role play with. His owner is very delusional and everything he says is completely untrue and ridiculous.
Hate is the choice of a clouded mind.
-"It takes humility to remember who we are"-
"There has to be evil so that good can prove its purity above it." - Buddha

Sircun
#4 Posted : 11/10/2010 2:21:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

art is a way of life .. very connected to hyperspace .. closely connected with the depth of the mind .. because when you create something, you are in harmony with everything .. you synchronize with the creative force ... the infinite point of light ...
may sound like a cliche .. but for me, is very encouraging ..
love! creation! heal!
tilin:idea: Razz :idea:
life is a gift, each decision determines the future of the universe..
acetoeteno.com.ar
www.soundcloud.com/masinstrumentosmusicales
www.myspace.com/lucasysucomputadora
..everything I write is a figment of the imagination..

quantagy
#5 Posted : 11/10/2010 2:52:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

"But do we really want to demystify the beauty of each especially unique experience merely to show others what they are missing? I think in that case, I would rather people not gather expectations for it, especially if they were to later take DMT themselves."

I understand this position. My thinking is that the art inspired by DMT can be relevant and connect with anyone, whether or not they use DMT or any psychedelics at all. A particular drawing, painting, piece of music, etc, can open any mind to possibilities.

In terms of art as a record of the DMT experience, I agree it can never truly capture what we get a glimpse of. However, the filtered experience that becomes the art is a reality all it's own to be experienced and contemplated, no more or less than that of hyperspace itself.

It will be some time before I can post what I'm currently working on, but can't wait to get it out there!

Sircun
#6 Posted : 11/10/2010 3:30:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

http://www.mediafire.com/?gacx3inp36t5fqi
i just record this song few minuts ago...
yeiii
more art!! art art art!!!
Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Smile Razz
life is a gift, each decision determines the future of the universe..
acetoeteno.com.ar
www.soundcloud.com/masinstrumentosmusicales
www.myspace.com/lucasysucomputadora
..everything I write is a figment of the imagination..

quantagy
#7 Posted : 11/10/2010 5:10:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Very cool, Sircun! I pictured a line of merry, mischievous little neon creatures traversing up the walls of a dripping canyon. Thanks!

stevowitz
#8 Posted : 11/10/2010 5:39:11 PM

The Dude

Mandalas are a form of meditation and art.

Painting mandalas is an amazing experience.
*We are now at a phase of human development where we have accumulated an enormous amount of knowledge through scientific research in the material world. This is very important knowledge, but it must be integrated. -Hoffman
*A young man who wishes to remain a sound Atheist cannot be too careful of his reading -C.S. Lewis
cephalopods are enlightened -benzyme
T R I P S I T