We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Red caapi, wonderful experience! Options

BananaForeskin
#1 Posted : 11/9/2010 11:24:11 PM

I Eat Plant Magic

Drinking ayahuasca without admixtures was something I'd been meaning to do for quite some time... in fact, I haven't had as much experience with it generally as I would like. I wanted to start a longer campaign of getting to know ayahuasca, and to start with just caapi. So I brewed 60g of red caapi using THP, and last night I drank.

Overall, it was great!! I can't quite stress enough how pleasant overall the experience was... my only experiences with psychedelics had been DMT/changa, ayahaoma (with DMT), and weed. I was a little worried because DMT and weed have been so stressful for me the last few times I've smoked them. I was almost coming to caapi for some relaxation, some release from the questions that DMT raised and the hint of trauma I was left with recently. But caapi was amazingly gentle.

It all started quickly, after ten minutes my hearing changed. I got very cold and started shivering, and my heartbeat increased. There was a pulsating noise, like a great fan that was increasing in volume and speed... at this point I took my clothes off and crawled into bed, staring at the ceiling. The tapestries on my ceiling began dancing in the darkness as the fan beat increased, and I noticed the light fluctuating weirdly.
It would dance, then become totally dark and light again... I began to get nauseous, but not too much so. I was still shaking, shivering in time with that pulse-beat. Wherever my eyes came to rest in the darkness a scene would spring up before me, a peaceful and quiet tableau like the inside of a naturally-lit cave. While this was happening, I could visualize in new ways myself and the way my mind worked. If I closed my eyes new vistas would become apparent and I could talk to... her. I could see her. She looked so different than I had ever imagined, dark-skinned and voluptuous. When I opened my eyes there were ghostly patterns weaving across my vision, in the depth between me and my surroundings. I could hear voices talking around me, sometimes a man's voice would start speaking and get clearer and louder like an old radio broadcast.
Then I felt the purge begin to assert itself... in my bowels. I got up and found that I was shaking uncontrollably, and that the room was pitching and reeling around me. Remembering our minxx's wise words ("Take your puke bucket with you, even to the bathroom" ), I grabbed the bucket and stumbled wildly down the short hall... in short, thank you so much, ms_manic_minxx!! Your advice is the Nexian ayahuasqero's greatest boon. While I was there, I remember hearing the words of the tree outside my window... and I cried, cried for the first time in a long time, cried for the plight of trees.

After that, I stumbled back to bed, and after a little while I think perhaps I fell asleep? I'm not sure, only knowing that I suddenly sat up at the four-hour mark, feeling warm (physically and emotionally). I went into the bathroom to clean a little (thank god only a little was needed) and relished the few effects that were still there.
Overall, it was wonderful. Just the general feeling of serenity that came with the whole experience, the lessons learned therein. It was almost like being tended through a cold by one's mother. Not stressful at all, very relaxing... quite a soothing experience, beautiful!! I love you guys, and am so happy that I eventually came to an experience like this.
¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Once
#2 Posted : 11/10/2010 12:11:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Awesome! I'm glad you had such a great experience. Caapi has such a warm, gentle energy. This morning I had my first successful Admix brew. I feel like my initiations with caapi only really helped. I could see myself drinking caapi only quite often, and admix brews only occasionaly. Caapi only feels so safe, and has been a great meditation and energy work aid.

Cheers! Enjoy your reflection/integration.
Once
All statements made by Once have no basis in reality, if reality even exists.

TheReadyAwakening
#3 Posted : 11/10/2010 12:29:17 AM

Jimmy

Ahh!! I highly enjoyed the Red Caapi, though I only did a mild dose (around 40g) by itself.

I didn't get many visual or auditory hallucinations, just a really warm, comfortable body high, and the feeling that ganja and tobacco was hitting me a lot harder. This definitely encourages me to try a higher dose of it the next time =)

I did experience a bit of a purge, which hit me right after a spliff (though tobacco making me nauseous is fairly common, so I'm not totally convinced it was legit). I feel like a TRUE caapi purge would be more similar to vomiting on mushrooms, and this was just kind of plain sickness =/
“Ego is a structure that is erected by a neurotic individual who is a member of a neurotic culture against the facts of the matter. And culture, which we put on like an overcoat, is the collectivized consensus about what sort of neurotic behaviors are acceptable.” - Terence McKenna

BananaForeskin
#4 Posted : 11/10/2010 4:16:10 AM

I Eat Plant Magic

Yeh... I would feel entirely comfortable going for much higher doses than even 60g, even though I'm usually quite cautious I'd go for 100g if I did caapi only again! I keep forgetting that DMT is infinitely more ridiculous than other entheogens, and expect that intensity.
¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

Once
#5 Posted : 11/10/2010 2:21:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

BF- Man you are right about DMT being infinately more ridiculous! 25-30mg or so of Freebase shot me to the moon with even a slightly smaller than normal dose of caapi. I usually take 50-75g Cielo, and this time I took 40g with Spice admix. It seems that they both potentiate each other quite a bit. Enjoy your experiments with caapi, and keep in mind the potentiation of the admixture when you go that route.

Once
All statements made by Once have no basis in reality, if reality even exists.