We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
any advice on what experience to try next? Options

I am.
#1 Posted : 11/7/2010 9:10:07 PM

I AM

ok. got a couple of extractions under my belt. low yields but think i'm getting the hang of it. was wondering if y'all might point me in a good direction from here. i've read into aya, interested. my lady and i live in an apartment with two dogs, so finding the right time to do aya might be tricky, no? just seems like something that i might need a doggie sitter for. or do y'all think that we could handle it? they'd be good behaving for a couple hours but they like attention and comforting when we're tripping. they can tell.

i'm well versed with lucy. i can handle them under her influence. tried dmt. was thinking about venturing further. either aya, pharma or something else. just wondering if y'all had any advice. would really love to try aya but i don't wanna jump into something blindly. we've got a pitbull and a blue heeler. both are very sweet and love each other to death but they play very rough as it is. i don't want things to get outta hand. with these two dogs, if i was too far gone for too long around them, it could get outta hand. i know that during rough trips, where my anxiety is raised, they act funny. know what i mean?

looking forward to putting on the next pair of shoes to step into the unknown...
embrace your nothingness...it's all you are...

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

olympus mon
#2 Posted : 11/8/2010 1:28:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

tough to say. i know i have got a dog sitter once because my pooch kept jumping on the bed trying to nuzzle up with me and even that was way too much to handle on one particular difficult journey.

dogs playing with each other would be hard if your in deep waters. keep in mind moving is often not an option. during that peak i thought i might dehydrate even though the water bottle was an arms length away. it my as well have been in Delaware there was no way i was going to try to reach it as i was just barley holding it together. this isnt the usual but def happens

could you run their little asses off for a good couple hours the day of drinking aya so they are much more mellow and hopefully just sleep?

the safe bet is to have a doggy sitter but personally i loathe depending on others for my journeys and trips. how reliable are your friends?Laughing
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

Once
#3 Posted : 11/8/2010 2:02:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My first step into Oral DMT was with various pharmahuasca mixtures with extracted alkaloids. I found that the advantage to this route was the ease of administration and dosing. FOR ME, 200mg Harmalas and 50-100mg DMT has always provided a sure fire visionary experience. I have since been working more with Caapi and San Pedro, which in comparison seem very healing and gentle. Dosing with Ayahuasca has taken quite a bit of trial and error, improving my brewing technique and finding the preferred plant material. The work however has been immensely rewarding, and I am still working to find my sweet spot.
As for the dogs, I have a basset hound that is a good companion when I journey at home. I leave him at the house if I am doing something intense outside, he likes to follow his nose a little to much. Do your dogs wig out and bark? As long as they aren't going crazy I'd bet their friendly energy would be a comforting influence on you experience.
There are many paths to explore down this road, with many things to teach. If you are patient and have good intentions I'm sure you find the path that is right for you.

Keep exploring,
Once
All statements made by Once have no basis in reality, if reality even exists.

gammagore
#4 Posted : 11/8/2010 11:02:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have 2 very demanding and active dogs. When taking Mescaline or LSD they are fine to have around, but when DMT gets into the picture, well thats a different story. Luckily for me, my wife doent partake in DMT or Aya, so she is my doggie sitter. When vaping DMT il almost always wait for the dogs to go to bed or for the walkies with my wife.

I have had times when the dogs have interupted me while "there", very confusing times il tell ya.

I would maybe try the pharma or aya first alone, have your lady look after both you and the dogs while you journey.

I am.
#5 Posted : 11/8/2010 7:34:49 PM

I AM

trust me. i would love for my dog to join me. he has actually guided me through a few rough hours before. obviously just his presence in my subconscious but never the less, he does help soothe me. thing is, he is a blue heeler. they're called heelers cuz they nip at the heels of animals to get them to move. they are in top 10 intelligent breeds. they are part dingo. so, you've got a really smart dog, who's dominant and wild as hell (cuz of dingo), who's literally bred to bite. yeah. gotta be in charge around him. and my girl has a pitbull. there have been times on lucy that things have gotten real deep (almost too intense for my girl) and i could tell they were funny. big pupils with that crazy sheen over their eyes. hackles up. ready to fight each other. just because of our energies. well...i know lucy can take me down but i can still maintain so i trust our dogs on her. from what i've read, aya is a whole nother ball game brother. never done it before. not sure how it's gonna take me. i think gammagore said it best. i should try it and let my girl babysit me and our dogs. then, let my girl do it and me babysit. then, go from there.

i crack my head open AT LEAST once a month (usually 3 or 4 times) with my dog around, my girl and her dog present for most. so, me and my dog have a very close bond. i can give him commands without talking sometimes. i've had very well understood conversations with my dog while tripping. know what i mean? he can tell when daddy's scared or angry, so i gotta be careful around him. i think it's best to let my girl babysit. that way, she can supervise while i work with him under the influence of aya, too, so that i can better trust him during trips.
embrace your nothingness...it's all you are...

Once
#6 Posted : 11/8/2010 9:53:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Good Idea! Good luck on your journeys.
All statements made by Once have no basis in reality, if reality even exists.