We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Why i'm Here Options

Arf420
#1 Posted : 11/4/2010 2:26:28 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi,

So here's the crack, my name's Arfan and I'm a 4th year undergraduate at the university of Edinburgh. I'm currently conducting a research based dissertation on the relationship between drug use and religious/spiritual beliefs and practices. I'm particularly interesred in users of entheogens; why they use these substances, how they go about doing it, what their beliefs regarding these drugs are etc.

So basically I'm looking for people to interview, if anyone would be intersted I would be most grateful. The interviews are kept entirely anonymous, they last about a half hour and can be conducted in person, on the phone, via skype etc.

As for myself, I've been interested in entheogens for a number of years now and have had my fair share of experiences, the reason I'm conducting this study is because it's something I believe in, care about and obviously its something I want to know more about. Furthermore if we (as fellow practicers of certain "rituals"Pleased can be better recognised in society as decent people and not mad junkies then all the better.

SO if anyones got any questions or would like to take part in this study please do let me know.

Thanks and I hope to hear from some of you soon,

Arfan

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

astralpixels
#2 Posted : 11/5/2010 7:01:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey there Arfan, I don't have any experience with them yet myself, but I'd like to welcome you to Nexus anyway. There are a lot of amazing people on these forums so I hope you find some good ones to interview, I greatly support the cause you're doing it for, kudos to you.

I hope you enjoy your stay and it'd be nice to hear of your experiences as well. Cheers.

Arf420
#3 Posted : 11/8/2010 2:57:13 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey,

Just wanted to say thanks for the replys. I'll try and post up my findings when they're done, should have everything written up by the end of January. Hope you guys enjoy it and if anyone else is interested please do let me know!

Thanks again,

Arfan

endlessness
#4 Posted : 11/8/2010 3:31:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello, and welcome to the nexus!

I hope you get the interviews you are looking for and that you do post back your work for.

But since you are introducing yourself here, are you planning on staying as a part of the community too?

Did you try dmt yourself yet?

See you around!

Arf420
#5 Posted : 11/8/2010 5:08:01 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey,

Thanks for the reply. I certainly hope to hang around after the research is done. I haven't had the oppurtunity to try DMT myself yet, although I have some ayahuasca which I hope to familiarise myself with in due course. Most of my experience at this point lies with the likes of san pedro. I hope to learn a lot from you guys both in a professional and personal level.

Arfan