We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
jungle spice solubility Options

Elf Machine
#1 Posted : 11/8/2010 6:04:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If jungle spice has been analyzed to be mostly if not all NN-DMT, why doesn't some of it dissolve in boiling benzene when enough benzene is used? A large pool of reddish brown oil sat at the bottom of the beaker of boiling benzene. It's very potent when vaporized. Is some of the DMT from a DCM extraction bonded with something that makes it stay oily and insoluble in benzene and naptha when re-x is attempted?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

burnt
#2 Posted : 11/8/2010 8:13:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

SWIM took jungle spice and crystallized dmt over 3 times out of it. each time less and less came out but each time there was still some left in the jungle spice based on analysis. jungle spice is not only dmt but the volatile portion is mostly dmt. whatever the oil is remains unknown but its not a volatile alkaloid.

Elf Machine
#3 Posted : 11/8/2010 8:39:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've read another post that says the redish portion that isn't soluble in naptha is actually water soluble. So how about pulling with toluene to ensure a full alkaloid extraction. Then salt with HCL solution, rebasify, and take up with naptha for freeze precip. Then extract the aqueous portion again with DCM and drive off DCM? This way we are sure to get all alkaloids plus get the seperation of crystal and jungle goo?

burnt
#4 Posted : 11/8/2010 8:44:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

There are not too many other alkaloids in jungle spice. I don't entirely see why its worth the effort. There's trace amounts of a beta carboline and maybe a few others but nothing major.

I'm a bit skeptical the red stuff is soluble in water. I'd check that out before trying the procedure.