We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
First steps into aya Options

Influx
#1 Posted : 11/4/2010 5:42:05 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello all, new here and wanted to take the time to introduce myself and whatnot. I have tried to brew aya about 3 times in my life the first time I was a young and stupid teenager about 17 years old and I just boiled 40 grams of B.caapi and 56 grams of chacruna in a pot together for 5 hours and hoped for the best...and nothing happened.

Well 2or so years later I decided to try again this time with 50 grams B.caapi and 10 grams of MHRB, this time I simmered them separately doing 3 simmers for 3 hours each and then reducing I took the caapi brew first and within 20 minutes or so I was feeling a slight change in head space and I had a sense of deep insight into myself and my inner workings, then I took the MHRB brew and managed to hold it down for about an hour before i started to feel the effects(felt like reality was being stripped away, thats the best way I could put it) I was scared and I purged almost immediately after that sense of panic, and as odd as it sounds it almost seems like I was being shown the potential power of the brew but at the same time it felt as though the brew was telling me I was not quite ready.

So to make a long story short a few months ago I made a caapi only brew(60 grams) and it was very subtle in the experience itself, but I got alot of insight into myself and felt what i can only describe as a very gentle presence , it felt like it was guiding me along and in the weeks following that experience I was able to lift myself out of a deep depression that had been plaguing me for the previous 2 years it was amazing but at the same time felt so subtle you could almost miss it.

Well in the past month or so I have felt a calling to the brew, my attitude towards it has changed and I feel as though I may be ready to experience it this time, I feel as though my last attempts failed because my intention was not in the right place, and I was just waiting for the brew to kick in rather than looking inside myself to try and work with it.

Then I start reading about others experience's and many seem to agree that you get out of your brew what you put into it(energy and intention wise) and the phrase I have heard often is that aya gives you what you need at the time, and that just struck a chord with me because even though I couldn't see it at the time all of my previous experiences gave me what I needed whether it be very subtle insight or a taste of what the brew could do, I feel like all the other times I was just not mentally ready for an intense aya experience. But I think I am ready now and would like to try again now that my mindset has changed and matured some.

So my plan for this brew(will be making in a few weeks hopefully) is to break the caapi apart(it will be white caapi from maya ethnobotanicals) about 50 grams I was thinking to start with, and either 100 grams of chacruna(lots of people seem to agree that chacruna can be quite weak often times) or 10 grams chaliponga, and then doing the 3 simmers of 3 hours a piece, brewing them in separate pots.

Does this sound like a good plan?, is there suggestions the more experienced brewers here have? any input is appreciated greatly, and I apologize for the length of this post, I have a problem condensing my thoughts down to a few words so I tend to ramble.

On another note it is odd I have never felt called towards something like this I used to dismiss the tales of people speaking their intentions to the brew, and I would dismiss the way people would talk about the vine as the mother, but since my caapi only experience I think I start to see why they hold this vine in such high regards it's almost like when you speak your intentions to the vine you are also speaking your true intentions to yourself and the universe, the phrase you get what you put in keeps coming to mind. But anywho thats my story and I hope to learn as much as I can from these forums.

thx alot.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

ms_manic_minxx
#2 Posted : 11/4/2010 6:08:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Influx!

Sounds like you are figuring out how to have an amazing relationship with the brew. Smile

May I suggest brewing the admixture separately, and perhaps taking a smaller amount? It is impossible to gauge how strong the admixture is, and if you are successfully brewing a strong Caapi tea, you may be overwhelmed. With weaker Chacruna, I would recommend a 1:1 ratio vine:leaf, though I prefer something like 5:4 vine:leaf. Chaliponga has also been known to overwhelm people completely at 5g. With too much admix and not enough vine, the experiences lose the grounding and teaching voice of Aya, and sometimes fall apart into uncomfortable, panicked insanity.

DMT is like the light... You want to be romantic and learn the secrets of the universe, intimately... not go blind. Pleased

Safe and happy travels! Smile
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

Influx
#3 Posted : 11/4/2010 6:24:04 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Much thx for the advice ms minxx(actually just got done reading your all about aya thread awesome read)I was planning on brewing the admixture separately, I had a batch of pretty weak chacruna last time I got some and I hear how inconsistant the quality is from batch to batch so thats why I assumed 100 grams would be , sufficient, right now I am really on the fence on whether to use the chaliponga or the chacruna I really want to try the classic aya mixture but at the same time because of how inconsistent they appear to be from batch to batch it leaves me a little unsure, thats why I was considering the chaliponga instead,.

ms_manic_minxx
#4 Posted : 11/4/2010 4:11:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

They will all keep in the fridge for several months if you do cook them now. It is good to keep the admix separate, so if you need more you can always redose! Smile

Now that you know the feeling of vine-only effects, it will be easier to assess the strength of the admixture, too.

Another plus to brewing separately is you can drink the admixture about 20 minutes after the vine... I find it absorbs/activates more efficiently that way. Wink
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

Influx
#5 Posted : 11/5/2010 1:49:41 AM
DMT-Nexus member

thank you so much for your advice the all about aya thread you made answered alot of questions I had, I will drop back in and give a report after my next brewing.

good vibes and tidings.Razz