We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
DMT combined with Pindolol Options

Observant
#1 Posted : 11/3/2010 3:12:06 AM

Nothing Stops The Void

I just read about this for the first time ...
Does anyone have experience with the Combination ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pindolol Will Metoprolol do the same thing?
Do you think its a safe combination?
Had he more quickly realized just who they were,he would have shown them more respect.Had he tried harder to fathom their brilliant minds,he would have taken more of their teachings to heart.Had he more clearly understood the purpose of their being,
he would have more vigorously tried to assist them.They were truly honorable; he was sadly prejudiced.
They were exceedingly well informed; he was grossly ignorant.They were totally indefatigable; he so often, and so quickly,gave up. Still, for many years there was a strong inter-species alliance between the Eleven-Eleven of the Half-way Realm, their Seraphic Associates,and their flesh-and-blood friend, a common mortal. Much was accomplished, many profited, and, there’s only one regret...They could have achieved so much more...

All Hypnotizing Hypnotizes Hypnotizing

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

corpus callosum
#2 Posted : 11/3/2010 7:42:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

There are significant differences between pindolol and metoprolol, with metoprolol lacking Intrinsic Sympathetic Activity (ISA- at higher doses pindolol actually has a stimulant effect on B receptors).Metoprolol acts more selectively on B1 receptors and AFAIK, has no effect on 5HT1a receptors;pindolol has a mixed but weak action on these receptors.DMTs main effects are mostly 5HT2a receptor-mediated.

Are you on either pindolol or metoprolol for some medical ailment?I think this is more important to consider than the actual DMT/Beta blocker interaction which is not usually problematic.
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

Observant
#3 Posted : 11/3/2010 4:17:33 PM

Nothing Stops The Void

I am not on beta blockers ,its just out of interest trying to find out if this idea is worth trying or rather dangerous for the Cardiovascular system.

I have seen Pindolol listed as a possible /known Combination with the Spice thats why i was interested if there where beneficial effects to expect.

It seems the stuff is sometimes prescribed for Stage Fright/Performance anxiety /Depression.
Maybe it blocks the fast heartbeat of a spice experience allowing a more calm experience.
Had he more quickly realized just who they were,he would have shown them more respect.Had he tried harder to fathom their brilliant minds,he would have taken more of their teachings to heart.Had he more clearly understood the purpose of their being,
he would have more vigorously tried to assist them.They were truly honorable; he was sadly prejudiced.
They were exceedingly well informed; he was grossly ignorant.They were totally indefatigable; he so often, and so quickly,gave up. Still, for many years there was a strong inter-species alliance between the Eleven-Eleven of the Half-way Realm, their Seraphic Associates,and their flesh-and-blood friend, a common mortal. Much was accomplished, many profited, and, there’s only one regret...They could have achieved so much more...

All Hypnotizing Hypnotizes Hypnotizing