We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
CWE MHRB= fail Options

DreamIsOver
#1 Posted : 11/2/2010 12:07:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So SWIMs very first attempt at traveling with the spice, he thought he would try a Cold Water Extraction of MHRB, since it is supposedly active on its own, if albeit weakly. He did not want his first ever attempt to be overwhelming, so he thought this was a good starting point.

So SWIM did an overnight, twice extracted CWE of 25g of MHRB, and then thought to down about 10g of passion flower and some theobromine about 30 min. before ingestion of the tea, hoping this may potentiate the 'already active' spice just a little bit extra.

All that happened was a whole night full of angry stomach and intestines(luckily no la purga), and absolutely no trip whatsoever. SWIM is now waiting patiently for some rue.

Once The rue arrives, SWIM would still very much prefer the much less complicated, simple form of extraction that cwe is(compared to boiling), so for a beginning threshold level trip, what would some experienced travelers suggest as dosage for CWE w/rue?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

EquaL Observer
#2 Posted : 11/2/2010 9:22:01 PM

Ross

I'm not familiar with CWE mimosa, actually, I did not know it could be done until now. Have you considered the boiling method at all? My first experience with ayahuasca was with 3g rue and a 50g mimosa brew, two boils, end product boiled down to about 1200ml. I had 2 sips of this brew, around 40ml and it was far too intense, but very rewarding.

I would recommend b.caapi over the rue. The experience is more smooth, I think when you drink it in combination with m.hostilis in the same brew, the build up is nice and slow, you can familiarise yourself with each wave as it comes.

I think it would be best to get an average experience on a first time. Simply because a low dose will not bring the more intense waves (which is what you are trying to prepare for). And the best way to prepare for it is simply by experiencing it.

Again, I can't help with the cold water extraction stuff, but I'd recommend 50g B.caapi and 15g M.hostilis using the boiling method with lemon juice/vinegar.

I'd wait for posts from more experienced members, but, at the end of the day, it is only yourself who can decide what suits you best through experimentation. I'd advice scanning erowid for different experiences at different dosages and see where you would like to start out.
Your depth is your integrity

justine
#3 Posted : 11/2/2010 9:31:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

50g caapi+15g mimosa (with 3 boils) would be waaaay too much for most, 50g caapi + 2/3g mimosa is probably better for a first try.
To see the world in a grain of sand, and to see heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hands, and eternity in an hour.
- William Blake

#4 Posted : 11/2/2010 9:32:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would smoke some enhanced leaf for a 1st try myself. It's pretty hard to really overdo it, and it only lasts 5 mins.
Oh great - the world has just been replaced by elf machinery.
Sic transit gloria mundi

Apoc
#5 Posted : 11/2/2010 11:00:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If mimosa is "active on its own", it still isn't 100% active, from experience. That is, if mimosa inhibits MAO's, it doesn't inhibit all of them before MAO's eat away at the dmt. Take some RIMA's to make sure the mimosa can be activated. And just heat up some water. If you still want to do a cwe, just use near boiling water to start with and let it sit overnight.

DreamIsOver
#6 Posted : 11/3/2010 2:57:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Alrighty, thanks for the suggestions. I still am most keen on the CWE method, its simple and takes care of a good amount of the tannins, but I think i will do it beginning with some near boiling water(thanks apocSmile ) and add some lemon juice, but this time of course use it with maoi's. I think i will start at 5g MHRB, twice extracted overnight, and go from there. I will let you know how it goes, hopefully some hyperspace travels in store Smile

herbal_shaman
#7 Posted : 11/3/2010 8:29:40 AM

Torin

DreamIsOver wrote:
So SWIMs very first attempt at traveling with the spice, he thought he would try a Cold Water Extraction of MHRB, since it is supposedly active on its own, if albeit weakly. He did not want his first ever attempt to be overwhelming, so he thought this was a good starting point.

So SWIM did an overnight, twice extracted CWE of 25g of MHRB, and then thought to down about 10g of passion flower and some theobromine about 30 min. before ingestion of the tea, hoping this may potentiate the 'already active' spice just a little bit extra.

All that happened was a whole night full of angry stomach and intestines(luckily no la purga), and absolutely no trip whatsoever. SWIM is now waiting patiently for some rue.

Once The rue arrives, SWIM would still very much prefer the much less complicated, simple form of extraction that cwe is(compared to boiling), so for a beginning threshold level trip, what would some experienced travelers suggest as dosage for CWE w/rue?

i would give the caapi a try. ive heard that rue only works a third of the time and cappi works everytime.

herbal_shaman
#8 Posted : 11/3/2010 8:34:53 AM

Torin

also ive been told that the cappi is the true heart of aya and its also a better teacher.
i would suggest getting sum yellow cappi for your first time with 8 grams of mimosa and 50 grams of caapi. and dont boil. SIMMER. make sure to also use a low p.h solution water that is store bought bottled water or reverse osmosis water. aslo you can lower the p.h using a teaspoon of vinegar per leiter of water or a couple lemons. good luck.

gammagore
#9 Posted : 11/3/2010 10:35:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

herbal_shaman wrote:
also ive been told that the cappi is the true heart of aya and its also a better teacher.
i would suggest getting sum yellow cappi for your first time with 8 grams of mimosa and 50 grams of caapi. and dont boil. SIMMER. make sure to also use a low p.h solution water that is store bought bottled water or reverse osmosis water. aslo you can lower the p.h using a teaspoon of vinegar per leiter of water or a couple lemons. good luck.

8grams?? wow dude, if properly brewed that could send one really deep.

People are reporting getting effects from as little as 0.5gr mimosa, so rather start low, like 1-2grams.

soulfood
#10 Posted : 11/3/2010 11:09:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Don't forget to fridge decant and filter when using mimosa. That sediment is pretty damn gross.