We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Is boiling mimosa necessary? Will a crock pot work? Options

Rail_It
#1 Posted : 11/2/2010 3:56:16 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Last night i brewed the rest of my mimosa (app. 30g) in a crock pot for 3 hours and strained it, thinking that using a lot of water and a splash of vinegar and stirring once in a while would get most of the alkaloids out in 3 hours. Although after i threw the pulp away i started thinking that maybe it has to boil cause pretty much every recipe i've seen on the internet has it boil. Although apparently a CWE works but doesn't get as much out, so i was thinking that maybe dmt is more soluble in water as the acidity and the heat rises, so i should be good since the crock pot heated it to near boiling as that is a good amount of heat, and i put vinegar in it to acidify it. Am i correct in this thinking?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

gibran2
#2 Posted : 11/2/2010 5:19:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

If you’re referring to MHRB whole bark or shredded bark, a boil is necessary. If you’re using powdered bark, only warm water with a bit of vinegar is sufficient:

---- For 50g powdered bark, add about 25ml vinegar and 250ml of hot water. Stir, allow to settle. Decant liquid and reserve.

---- Repeat 3 more times.

---- Reduce reserved liquid to about 200ml.

There will be no loss of yield relative to boiling.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

Rail_It
#3 Posted : 11/2/2010 5:28:42 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Yeah i'm not planning on being a hero haha. I was thinking about splitting half of half of it between me and someone else. And yes it was powdered bark, just had it on high for 3 hours with the occassional stir and a splash of vinegar, though i think i did a little more vinegar than necessary.

BananaForeskin
#4 Posted : 11/2/2010 7:11:06 PM

I Eat Plant Magic

Good luck, mate, 7.5g of properly prepared mimosa is still a pretty heroic dose in my book!
¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

Rail_It
#5 Posted : 11/3/2010 3:33:41 AM
DMT-Nexus member

After boiling the mimosa down there was a black tar like sumbstance stuck to the bottom of the jar and we had already filtered and decanted so it couldn't be any mimosa powder, any idea what it is? Me and my friend just poured the water off from the top of it into to cups and drank it, it wasn't very much, and it was almost clear, it was still dark but not as 'thick' and you could see through it. We didn't launch very far with this dose. I don't think she tripped, and mine was rather light, after i ate some ice cream about 3 hours later i started tripping and it was mostly CEVs and some slight visual enhancements. Oh and I drank the mimosa 15 min after the syrian rue tea and i had a lot of various teas in my stomach and that was pretty much it.