We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
5-meO-DMT mushrooms Options

eggman
#1 Posted : 10/29/2010 1:32:40 PM
DMT-Nexus member

SWIM is looking for the best method of extracting 5-meO-DMT, the purpose of which is to enrich the growth medium of psilocybin mushrooms with the 5-meO which will cause the mushrooms to produce 4-Hydroxy-5-methoxydimethyltryptamine instead of psilocybin. i know that Pilocarpus organensis leaves contains a high percentage of 5-meO per dried gram but i can find nothing about this plant or where to obtain it. also i understand that when using leaves, one must seperate the chlorophyll in order to obtain a pure dose. is the method of 5-meO extraction identical to extracting n,n-DMT? or must one do something entirely different.

any help would be vastly appreciated, and when SWIM gets a nobel prize for creating this so far unexplored substance, you guys can have all the credit

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Malaclypse
#2 Posted : 10/29/2010 6:59:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

There doesn't appear to be very much good solid information on extracting 5-meo-dmt on the Nexus yet. Try doing a search (and browse) on the forums, espeically DMT-allies extraction, to get the threads that do talk about it. There are at least a handful.

From what I remember:

Hydroxides - I.E. Calcium hydroxides might not be recommended as the base. There may somehow damage the molecule. Using Sodium Carbonate is probably better.

If you can get good Virola Theiodora resin, it has high 5-meo-content. 69ron's pal was able to extract from this resin using I think Sodium Carbonate as the base and DCM as the solvent. I think he tried many methods and this was the only one that worked. Unfortunately DCM is probably not something that you can easily get your hands on.

I do remember a podcast (maybe Jan Irvin's) where Hal from T.O.A.D talked about how they used to use Bufo toads for their 5-meo, however they have since switched to extracting from Virola T. Resin. No details on the tech, there could potentially be safer/easier to use solvents.

Maybe you can be the one to figure it out for the nexus! SWIM is very interested in this alkaloid as well and maybe once he has more knowledge and time he will try out some things as well.

eggman
#3 Posted : 10/29/2010 9:21:45 PM
DMT-Nexus member

DCM, Dichloromethane?

dpwishy
#4 Posted : 10/29/2010 9:57:03 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
the purpose of which is to enrich the growth medium of psilocybin mushrooms with the 5-meO which will cause the mushrooms to produce 4-Hydroxy-5-methoxydimethyltryptamine instead of psilocybin.

Has this ever been done and proven? Mycology has been a hobby of mine for a long time, many people have tried things like this, are you sure its even possible?

I have even see someone use a qp of white widow for grow medium.

justine
#5 Posted : 10/29/2010 9:58:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

eggman wrote:
DCM, Dichloromethane?

Yes, you can buy some on ebay.
To see the world in a grain of sand, and to see heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hands, and eternity in an hour.
- William Blake

justine
#6 Posted : 10/29/2010 10:04:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dpwishy wrote:
Quote:
the purpose of which is to enrich the growth medium of psilocybin mushrooms with the 5-meO which will cause the mushrooms to produce 4-Hydroxy-5-methoxydimethyltryptamine instead of psilocybin.

Has this ever been done and proven? Mycology has been a hobby of mine for a long time, many people have tried things like this, are you sure its even possible?

Yes, it has definitely been proven academically at least for DET, DPT and DIPT (yielding 4-HO-DET/DPT/DIPT), source :

Biotransformation of tryptamine derivatives in mycelial cultures of Psilocybe

http://www.cognitivelibe...oxy-5-methoxy-nn_07.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/...ethoxydimethyltryptamine
To see the world in a grain of sand, and to see heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hands, and eternity in an hour.
- William Blake

eggman
#7 Posted : 10/30/2010 4:47:09 AM
DMT-Nexus member

[quote=dpwishy]
Quote:

holy shit, that is the best thing i have ever heard. did they blend it with manure or straight chron??

(4-hydroxy)(6,6,9-trimethyl-3-pentyl-benzo[c]chromen-1-ol) 4-hydroxylated cannabinol? is this possible?

"the extraneous N-dialkylated tryptamines competed for the enzymes in the fungus mycelium that would normally produce psilocin. This method thus not only produced new chemical compounds that had never previously been made synthetically, but also rendered the fungus itself completely legal in many countries because of its absence of psilocin or psilocybin, although in countries with stricter drug analogue laws such as the USA or Australia the novel tryptamines produced might also be considered illegal."
-Wikipedia

this method has been widely overlooked and is heretofore mostly unexplored. SWIM actually just discovered this last nite, sat down and read everything about it for like six and a half hours. SWIM just needs a concrete method for the extraction of 5-meO

polytrip
#8 Posted : 10/31/2010 1:47:31 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
Isn't 4-HO,5MeO-DMT a highly unstable substance?

BananaForeskin
#9 Posted : 10/31/2010 1:57:07 AM

I Eat Plant Magic

I don't know where you're at, around where I live a variety of delosperma species, especially delosperma cooperi are grown decoratively and have a decent 5-Meo content. Ethically digging up some plants in the distant corner of a hotel parking is questionable, of course, but the option's there.

Do some Nexus searching via google, as there are threads on this subject. 69ron once gave me the low-down on how to separate 5-Meo from NN, so if you dig you'll come across it.
¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

eggman
#10 Posted : 10/31/2010 4:02:24 AM
DMT-Nexus member

thanks, ill definitely be doin some serious digging

eggman
#11 Posted : 10/31/2010 4:45:08 AM
DMT-Nexus member

polytrip wrote:
Isn't 4-HO,5MeO-DMT a highly unstable substance?

i have no idea, i havent read anything to suggest this. i would figure that due the organic production method it would stabilize the compound

rOm
#12 Posted : 10/31/2010 9:56:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

justine wrote:
dpwishy wrote:
Quote:

Yes, it has definitely been proven academically at least for DET, DPT and DIPT (yielding 4-HO-DET/DPT/DIPT), source :

Biotransformation of tryptamine derivatives in mycelial cultures of Psilocybe

http://www.cognitivelibe...oxy-5-methoxy-nn_07.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/...ethoxydimethyltryptamine

Fascinating...
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

unansweredquestions
#13 Posted : 11/1/2010 12:27:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i dont know if this is what your looking for but you can extract 5-meo-dmt from the glands of a bufo alverius frog. there reasonably expensive, and to my knowledge difficult to take care off. however, can be milked often and i believe it is a matter of simply waiting for the solution to evaperate to aqquire your natural 5-meo-dmt!

ifoundwaldo
#14 Posted : 11/1/2010 6:43:42 PM
DMT-Nexus member

For that matter, if you do enough digging, you can also obtain 5-MeO-DMT online.

EDIT: Upon further research, it is not legal in all countries. But this seems to me to be an easy way to obtain it, depending how much you'd need.